ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

The Private Memoirs and Confessions of a Part-Time Postman

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: The Private Memoirs and Confessions of a Part-Time Postm

Post by dvbuk55 »

FlashMagic7 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
wiganpostie wrote:
fishtank wrote:I think i recognise that writing style from somewhere.... :silenced
It scans like a Taurus88 post (and he has been curiously quiet of late), but I could be wrong....
I think ft is thinking of another poster we haven't heard from in quite a while, but I too could be wrong.
Is this surreptitious mockery or am I too joining the growing list of people who could be wrong?!
Well we aren't intelligent enough to be surreptitious flash it would have to be full on I'm afraid but as for being wrong........time will tell - perhaps you could be the next Royal Bodyguard :Very Happy
DirtyHarry
Posts: 5051
Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
Gender: Male
Location: London

Re: The Private Memoirs and Confessions of a Part-Time Postm

Post by DirtyHarry »

FlashMagic7 wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm a recent starter and have decided to keep a blog documenting the secret adventures of a postman. I was struggling for ideas on how to publicise it and figured that a Royal Mail forum would be a good place to start! :Very Happy

Please 'like' my facebook page, check out the blog, read it, follow it, comment on it (constructive/anecdotal only please!) and spread the word to your colleagues and friends! Parts will be written in layman's terms to ensure the blog is accessible to civilians but I'm sure many of the posts I intend to make about topics such as overtime, driving, dogs, weather and Christmas will ring true with a lot of people.

Please, please click the link below and away you go!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Part- ... 1281415470" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regards,

The Part-Time Postman
You're that Harry Potter bloke, 'aint ya?
Look mate, I know the books, the films, have all dried up quicker than a nun's whatsits, but writing a blog on being a part-time postman? Leave it out. :Very Happy
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: The Private Memoirs and Confessions of a Part-Time Postm

Post by dvbuk55 »

DirtyHarry wrote:
FlashMagic7 wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm a recent starter and have decided to keep a blog documenting the secret adventures of a postman. I was struggling for ideas on how to publicise it and figured that a Royal Mail forum would be a good place to start! :Very Happy

Please 'like' my facebook page, check out the blog, read it, follow it, comment on it (constructive/anecdotal only please!) and spread the word to your colleagues and friends! Parts will be written in layman's terms to ensure the blog is accessible to civilians but I'm sure many of the posts I intend to make about topics such as overtime, driving, dogs, weather and Christmas will ring true with a lot of people.

Please, please click the link below and away you go!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Part- ... 1281415470" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regards,

The Part-Time Postman
You're that Harry Potter bloke, 'aint ya?
Look mate, I know the books, the films, have all dried up quicker than a nun's whatsits, but writing a blog on being a part-time postman? Leave it out. :Very Happy
Who knows DH, you could get a starring role in the movie, you could be the cross dressing pervert, which fortunately you wouldn't need to do a lot of acting :chuckle :chuckle
taurus88
Posts: 1259
Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male

Re: The Private Memoirs and Confessions of a Part-Time Postm

Post by taurus88 »

wiganpostie wrote:
fishtank wrote:I think i recognise that writing style from somewhere.... :silenced
It scans like a Taurus88 post (and he has been curiously quiet of late), but I could be wrong....
If I was writing a blog, it would be about sex.
Wessex
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1267
Joined: 10 Jul 2007, 17:20

Re: The Private Memoirs and Confessions of a Part-Time Postm

Post by Wessex »

Had a look at the blog and conclude that you received a thesaurus in your Christmas stocking.
FlashMagic7
Posts: 19
Joined: 10 Jan 2012, 15:03
Gender: Male

Re: The Private Memoirs and Confessions of a Part-Time Postm

Post by FlashMagic7 »

Wessex wrote:Had a look at the blog and conclude that you received a thesaurus in your Christmas stocking.
haha Wessex, or a degree in English Literature last year?! One of the two!
FlashMagic7
Posts: 19
Joined: 10 Jan 2012, 15:03
Gender: Male

Re: The Private Memoirs and Confessions of a Part-Time Postm

Post by FlashMagic7 »

Latest post is up, please check it out! Hell, if you enjoy it, become a fan on facebook; go crazy!

http://theparttimepostman.wordpress.com ... 1/uniform/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: The Private Memoirs and Confessions of a Part-Time Postm

Post by dvbuk55 »

FlashMagic7 wrote:
Wessex wrote:Had a look at the blog and conclude that you received a thesaurus in your Christmas stocking.
haha Wessex, or a degree in English Literature last year?! One of the two!
Shame on the one who bought you the Thesaurus :cool You must have bought a book at some point, read the first chapter and realised you'd wasted your money.
taurus88
Posts: 1259
Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male

Re: The Private Memoirs and Confessions of a Part-Time Postm

Post by taurus88 »

To be honest with you, I don't like the blog. I think it's an unnecessary mishmash of slang, overly convoluted sentences, and self-absorbed bull. Not that I am necessarily the best person to offer critique. As far as I'm concerned the most poignant examples of what this job entails can be found in the 'how was your day' thread. People there are as concise as they need to be. I tend to be less concise than others.
FlashMagic7
Posts: 19
Joined: 10 Jan 2012, 15:03
Gender: Male

Re: The Private Memoirs and Confessions of a Part-Time Postm

Post by FlashMagic7 »

taurus88 wrote:To be honest with you, I don't like the blog. I think it's an unnecessary mishmash of slang, overly convoluted sentences, and self-absorbed bull. Not that I am necessarily the best person to offer critique. As far as I'm concerned the most poignant examples of what this job entails can be found in the 'how was your day' thread. People there are as concise as they need to be. I tend to be less concise than others.
Thanks for your input Taurus, I appreciate that it may not be everyone's cup of tea. Unnecessarily long sentences have always been a source of criticism in my writing; I know I need to work on that. However, given that one of the primary functions of a blog is to serve as an 'online diary', I feel that it is difficult to avoid self-absorbtion? After all, I am using it to document what happens to me over the course of my employment with Royal Mail, consequently, the result is bound to be a 'me' orientated piece of writing. Obviously there is no reason why the details of my day should be granted a higher importance than anyone elses, it's just I have chosen to record them, as have the thousands of other bloggers out there, as a way of self-expression. I also disagree with you in your opinion that what I have written is 'bull'; everything written has in fact taken place and had a formative effect on me, for better or worse, during the first few months of my time at work.

Other than that, just avoid the blog in future, no drama!
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: The Private Memoirs and Confessions of a Part-Time Postm

Post by dvbuk55 »

FlashMagic7 wrote:
taurus88 wrote:To be honest with you, I don't like the blog. I think it's an unnecessary mishmash of slang, overly convoluted sentences, and self-absorbed bull. Not that I am necessarily the best person to offer critique. As far as I'm concerned the most poignant examples of what this job entails can be found in the 'how was your day' thread. People there are as concise as they need to be. I tend to be less concise than others.
Thanks for your input Taurus, I appreciate that it may not be everyone's cup of tea. Unnecessarily long sentences have always been a source of criticism in my writing; I know I need to work on that. However, given that one of the primary functions of a blog is to serve as an 'online diary', I feel that it is difficult to avoid self-absorbtion? After all, I am using it to document what happens to me over the course of my employment with Royal Mail, consequently, the result is bound to be a 'me' orientated piece of writing. Obviously there is no reason why the details of my day should be granted a higher importance than anyone elses, it's just I have chosen to record them, as have the thousands of other bloggers out there, as a way of self-expression. I also disagree with you in your opinion that what I have written is 'bull'; everything written has in fact taken place and had a formative effect on me, for better or worse, during the first few months of my time at work.

Other than that, just avoid the blog in future, no drama!
Are you a member of the union flash, only Billy Hayes has a blog and that is :cuppa too.
FlashMagic7
Posts: 19
Joined: 10 Jan 2012, 15:03
Gender: Male

Re: The Private Memoirs and Confessions of a Part-Time Postm

Post by FlashMagic7 »

The Union chap came to me in my first week or so, said he'd be back and never really showed up. So as it happens I'm not a member no, don't know this Billy bloke either!
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: The Private Memoirs and Confessions of a Part-Time Postm

Post by dvbuk55 »

FlashMagic7 wrote:The Union chap came to me in my first week or so, said he'd be back and never really showed up. So as it happens I'm not a member no, don't know this Billy bloke either!
Well, his is just called Billys Blog......nothing dramatic considering he nominally runs a union......just a thought.
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Re: The Private Memoirs and Confessions of a Part-Time Postm

Post by BELIAL »

I s**t my pants once when I ate some dodgy pork :cry
Bye
Blue29
Posts: 223
Joined: 22 Jun 2011, 10:24
Gender: Male

Re: The Private Memoirs and Confessions of a Part-Time Postm

Post by Blue29 »

Really? You have and Eng Lit degree?

I'll add a link to my prose on your chosen subject. Flawed as it is there's a certain ping to it i like. I wasn't even honored with an olevel when I was small.

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... =1&t=41444" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Flashpants what do you make of it?