ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Fishtank has posted 110 times today

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Fishtank has posted 110 times today

Post by DGP1 »

clashcityrocker wrote:
DGP1 wrote: Stop you encouraging him (and his buddy CCR) :nervous :nervous
I strenuously deny that there is any sort of relationship between FT and I.
I don't know why you are resisting this so strenuously anyway.
Your time is up. Just relax and enjoy being fifth.
I'll never give up................well until my time is up because I don't work over my time :nervous :chuckle :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Fishtank has posted 110 times today

Post by DGP1 »

Stormproof wrote:
maidstoneposty wrote:Get a life you lot, nothing better to do on your weekends apart from posting on here. Quite a sad bunch of losers if you ask me if you ask me!
You obviously came looking on here at the weekend but obviously have nothing interesting to say :chuckle
Either that or he such a great weekend that he can't remember anything about it and now wants us to give him some details so that he can make up his own weekend :chuckle :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Fishtank has posted 110 times today

Post by Lounge Lizard »

DGP1 wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:
DGP1 wrote:Yep, just checked, down to 5th now.................I really got to spend more of my time posting random comments to try to bring my count back up :nervous :chuckle
And that's just a couple of days after ;
LL "They should get out more."
DGP1 "You're one to talk................lizard boy" :crazy:
:oops:
I regret that I shall be restricting my postings on this forum for fear of edging up one place and displacing andy 2007. I've more than enough bad luck as it is without taking 13th place on here. :sad:
And I've realised that since DGP1's pot-kettle-black remark suggesting I get out more it's been a typical few days for me, Star and Horse & Jockey on Thursday evening, Royal Oak and Crown on Friday evening, Swan yesterday lunchtime and a couple of pints on my way home today. :Very Happy
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Fishtank has posted 110 times today

Post by DGP1 »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:
DGP1 wrote:Yep, just checked, down to 5th now.................I really got to spend more of my time posting random comments to try to bring my count back up :nervous :chuckle
And that's just a couple of days after ;
LL "They should get out more."
DGP1 "You're one to talk................lizard boy" :crazy:
:oops:
I regret that I shall be restricting my postings on this forum for fear of edging up one place and displacing andy 2007. I've more than enough bad luck as it is without taking 13th place on here. :sad:
And I've realised that since DGP1's pot-kettle-black remark suggesting I get out more it's been a typical few days for me, Star and Horse & Jockey on Thursday evening, Royal Oak and Crown on Friday evening, Swan yesterday lunchtime and a couple of pints on my way home today. :Very Happy
Have you been reading the news, you're not to drink everyday (unless you can because you're one of the super lizards :nervous ).
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Straight4ward
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1621
Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
Gender: Male

Re: Fishtank has posted 110 times today

Post by Straight4ward »

Lounge Lizard wrote "I regret that I shall be restricting my postings on this forum for fear of edging up one place and displacing andy 2007. I've more than enough bad luck as it is without taking 13th place on here. :sad:
And I've realised that since DGP1's pot-kettle-black remark suggesting I get out more it's been a typical few days for me, Star and Horse & Jockey on Thursday evening, Royal Oak and Crown on Friday evening, Swan yesterday lunchtime and a couple of pints on my way home today."
:Very Happy

I already know one Lizzie The Lush, should I now make that two? :nervous :chuckle
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
woofwoof
Posts: 1516
Joined: 13 Apr 2007, 16:23
Gender: Male
Location: stinky land

Re: Fishtank has posted 110 times today

Post by woofwoof »

il add 1to mine then
maidstoneposty
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 62
Joined: 31 Mar 2010, 18:13
Gender: Male

Re: Fishtank has posted 110 times today

Post by maidstoneposty »

Came on here at midnight after a long and interesting day. Astounded that some people can spend an entire day racking up 111 posts. Have they really got nothing else to do apart from racking up posts. No life after the post office? No mates? no life?
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Fishtank has posted 110 times today

Post by DGP1 »

maidstoneposty wrote:Came on here at midnight after a long and interesting day. Astounded that some people can spend an entire day racking up 111 posts. Have they really got nothing else to do apart from racking up posts. No life after the post office? No mates? no life?
No, no life, no mates and no energy, no money but at least I can come on here and take the piss.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Fishtank has posted 110 times today

Post by Lounge Lizard »

DGP1 wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:
DGP1 wrote:Yep, just checked, down to 5th now.................I really got to spend more of my time posting random comments to try to bring my count back up :nervous :chuckle
And that's just a couple of days after ;
LL "They should get out more."
DGP1 "You're one to talk................lizard boy" :crazy:
:oops:
I regret that I shall be restricting my postings on this forum for fear of edging up one place and displacing andy 2007. I've more than enough bad luck as it is without taking 13th place on here. :sad:
And I've realised that since DGP1's pot-kettle-black remark suggesting I get out more it's been a typical few days for me, Star and Horse & Jockey on Thursday evening, Royal Oak and Crown on Friday evening, Swan yesterday lunchtime and a couple of pints on my way home today. :Very Happy
Have you been reading the news, you're not to drink everyday (unless you can because you're one of the super lizards :nervous ).
"not to drink everyday" - indeed, like most months of the year not drinking on the 31st. :nana
Anyway, while reading the news I remembered that the maximum advised number of units per week guideline, which was 21 for men and 14 for women, set in 1987 was, according to Richard Smith, former editor of the British Medical Journal and Member of the Royal College of Physicians, “plucked out of the air. They were not based on any firm evidence at all. It was a sort of intelligent guess by a committee.” :shock:
Moderation in all things though, whether drinking, posting on here or ........... :crazy:
Straight4ward
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1621
Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
Gender: Male

Re: Fishtank has posted 110 times today

Post by Straight4ward »

maidstoneposty wrote:Came on here at midnight after a long and interesting day. Astounded that some people can spend an entire day racking up 111 posts. Have they really got nothing else to do apart from racking up posts. No life after the post office? No mates? no life?
For the vast majority of posters who have turned to this site with a genuine concern or question, Fishtank is the one person who has consistently been able to help, offering sound advice based on a knowledge of RM and union procedures that is without rival on here.
There are an awful lot of people who have benefited from the information that he has supplied and have good reason to be thankful that he does spend time dealing with their queries.

I don’t doubt your assertion that some of us, probably, do spend too much time on here, just your choice of target.

I guess I fall into that category but my social diary ain’t full by any means and, even if it was, I couldn’t afford it nor have the energy to fill it. I come on here to let off steam sometimes, catch up on the news but, mostly, just to enjoy the banter and have a good laugh.

So what brings you on here, Maidstoneposty?
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
feelikeadogsbody
Posts: 66
Joined: 02 Mar 2011, 09:07
Gender: Male
Location: down south

Re: Fishtank has posted 110 times today

Post by feelikeadogsbody »

maidstoneposty wrote:Came on here at midnight after a long and interesting day. Astounded that some people can spend an entire day racking up 111 posts. Have they really got nothing else to do apart from racking up posts. No life after the post office? No mates? no life?


I love the way you put that you came on here after a LONG and INTERESTING day lol dont know why it just made me crack up how you felt you had to some how justify your coming on here ,if people want to come on here and as you put it spend their lives, its their life, their choice so live and let live HAPPY NEW YEAR !!
when i am king you will be first against the wall
with your opinions which are of no consequence at all
anyway im cutting off
maidstoneposty
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 62
Joined: 31 Mar 2010, 18:13
Gender: Male

Re: Fishtank has posted 110 times today

Post by maidstoneposty »

feelikeadogsbody wrote:
maidstoneposty wrote:Came on here at midnight after a long and interesting day. Astounded that some people can spend an entire day racking up 111 posts. Have they really got nothing else to do apart from racking up posts. No life after the post office? No mates? no life?


I love the way you put that you came on here after a LONG and INTERESTING day lol dont know why it just made me crack up how you felt you had to some how justify your coming on here ,if people want to come on here and as you put it spend their lives, its their life, their choice so live and let live HAPPY NEW YEAR !!
I dont feel as though i have to justify myself for visiting this site or any other, but i still say that i am astounded that after a long week at work that there are people that dont have anything else to do than to post all day, personally i like to do something with my life and to forget the post office for a day or so. This site is all about opinions and i reserve the right to express mine and to make observations.
feelikeadogsbody
Posts: 66
Joined: 02 Mar 2011, 09:07
Gender: Male
Location: down south

Re: Fishtank has posted 110 times today

Post by feelikeadogsbody »

maidstoneposty wrote:
feelikeadogsbody wrote:
maidstoneposty wrote:Came on here at midnight after a long and interesting day. Astounded that some people can spend an entire day racking up 111 posts. Have they really got nothing else to do apart from racking up posts. No life after the post office? No mates? no life?


I love the way you put that you came on here after a LONG and INTERESTING day lol dont know why it just made me crack up how you felt you had to some how justify your coming on here ,if people want to come on here and as you put it spend their lives, its their life, their choice so live and let live HAPPY NEW YEAR !!
I dont feel as though i have to justify myself for visiting this site or any other, but i still say that i am astounded that after a long week at work that there are people that dont have anything else to do than to post all day, personally i like to do something with my life and to forget the post office for a day or so. This site is all about opinions and i reserve the right to express mine and to make observations.
I am sorry that you are ASTOUNDED by the thought that people like to do with their time that which you do not find interesting,opinions are like a**eholes, everyones got one,some people dont have that much to do outside work but are still happy with life, dont be so judgemental,take a chillaxative and once again live and let live :Very Happy
when i am king you will be first against the wall
with your opinions which are of no consequence at all
anyway im cutting off
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Fishtank has posted 110 times today

Post by Lounge Lizard »

I too dont feel as though i have to justify myself for visiting this site or any other but I can think of many a worse way of spending a few minutes a day of my leisure time than on here, informing, educating and entertaining me as this forum does. As someone who most days watches no television I am astounded that after a long week at work there are people that dont have anything else to do than watch absolute drivel on it for up to dozens of hours a week. Personally I like to do something with my life and often spending a while on here counts towards that something. :Very Happy
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Fishtank has posted 110 times today

Post by clashcityrocker »

I didn't realise we needed anyone's permission or approval to spend time on RoyalMailChat.
Sorry.
Most of those posts were made in the Canteen section, so far from spending our time deeply engrossed in Royal mail business we were just pissing about.
Sorry again.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.