ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

LONDON CALLING UPDATE : PROCESSING EDITION

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Martin Walsh
Posts: 4276
Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 20:12
Location: neverland

Re: LONDON CALLING UPDATE : PROCESSING EDITION

Post by Martin Walsh »

I think your find the govenment had to give a share of control to the Olympic Committe as part of the bid. The security aspect which I cannot go into is unbelievable.

Of course Royal Mail are counting on Ofcom to help them but it will depend on the level they help.

In terms of the CWU well we may be up for a bung , after all the RMT and Aself have got one.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: LONDON CALLING UPDATE : PROCESSING EDITION

Post by fishtank »

dingo wrote: In terms of the CWU well we may be up for a bung , after all the RMT and Aself have got one.
You know the kind of comments and questions a statement like that will bring.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Martin Walsh
Posts: 4276
Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 20:12
Location: neverland

Re: LONDON CALLING UPDATE : PROCESSING EDITION

Post by Martin Walsh »

Why do you think I put it out there fish. Remember the RMT and ASSLF deals canceled all leave for 3 months and they are running trains and tubes 24 hours , I don't think we would be cancelling annual leave for members or delivering in the middle of the night.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: LONDON CALLING UPDATE : PROCESSING EDITION

Post by fishtank »

Well considering the more serious long term problems surrounding the relationship between us and our employers i think any "bung" is unlikely.
The disruption only effects a section of London members,it would be difficult to justify any enhanced payment to those not affected and that in itself could be very divisive...even within the London membership.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Martin Walsh
Posts: 4276
Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 20:12
Location: neverland

Re: LONDON CALLING UPDATE : PROCESSING EDITION

Post by Martin Walsh »

Your right fish there is a red zone of London offices which will be seriously effected and some of those longer than others. The number of offices effected are quite large however.

But collections , processing and delivery all will be effected. Royal Mail cannot store the work so it will have to be delivered and I do think there will be Sunday deliveries etc and maybe other opportunite but I don't think there will be universal payment.
Glenno
Posts: 1491
Joined: 05 Jun 2007, 13:12

Re: LONDON CALLING UPDATE : PROCESSING EDITION

Post by Glenno »

hamishhotshot wrote:
dingo wrote:There is a delivery comms coming out which also criticises Royal Mail's delivery best praticise plan .


still waiting
:silenced :silenced :wave :wave does not seem to want to upload??? :wave :wave