ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Atos

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
phronsias
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 207
Joined: 28 Oct 2011, 17:59
Gender: Male

Re: Atos

Post by phronsias »

Hi
I had a letter from my DOM last week saying atos will ring me on Saturday 8am-10am and if I missed another call my sick pay would stop...I spoke to Atos Saturday and I said I would to return to work but I need to get the go a head from my GP and I asked to be referred to a physio,she agreed. I got a letter from my DOM this morning saying,he was so happy that I was returning to work and would I ring my lino to arrange the 4 hours a day for 1 week and 6 for the next and 8 there after,so I rang my lino and said my sick note ends next Tuesday but I was seeing my GP Friday and he would have the final say if and when I could go back. I thought that was that,until he rang me about an hour ago,telling me it was up to him and the dom when I should return to work,I said he or the dom or the atos woman weren't GPs and I had a sick note till Tuesday but I said again I would say to my gp I wanted to return.he said again it was up to him or the dom and if I refused he would cut my sick pay,I told him it was up to him and said good bye,what do you think?
Regards
P
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Atos

Post by TeeferTiger »

phronsias wrote:Hi
I had a letter from my DOM last week saying atos will ring me on Saturday 8am-10am and if I missed another call my sick pay would stop...I spoke to Atos Saturday and I said I would to return to work but I need to get the go a head from my GP and I asked to be referred to a physio,she agreed. I got a letter from my DOM this morning saying,he was so happy that I was returning to work and would I ring my lino to arrange the 4 hours a day for 1 week and 6 for the next and 8 there after,so I rang my lino and said my sick note ends next Tuesday but I was seeing my GP Friday and he would have the final say if and when I could go back. I thought that was that,until he rang me about an hour ago,telling me it was up to him and the dom when I should return to work,I said he or the dom or the atos woman weren't GPs and I had a sick note till Tuesday but I said again I would say to my gp I wanted to return.he said again it was up to him or the dom and if I refused he would cut my sick pay,I told him it was up to him and said good bye,what do you think?
Regards
P
I think your DOM's a pr*ck.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Atos

Post by TeeferTiger »

Have you got a copy of what was agreed between you and ATOS?
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
phronsias
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 207
Joined: 28 Oct 2011, 17:59
Gender: Male

Re: Atos

Post by phronsias »

TeeferTiger wrote:Have you got a copy of what was agreed between you and ATOS?
Hi
Thanks for your help! yes I have a copy,its says the management will deside what my 4 hours a day job will be and its says I want to get the gp's ok to return.
Regards
P
PS I know my dom is a dick
Last edited by phronsias on 03 Jan 2012, 19:05, edited 1 time in total.
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Re: Atos

Post by General Mannerheim »

TeeferTiger wrote:
phronsias wrote:Hi
I had a letter from my DOM last week saying atos will ring me on Saturday 8am-10am and if I missed another call my sick pay would stop...I spoke to Atos Saturday and I said I would to return to work but I need to get the go a head from my GP and I asked to be referred to a physio,she agreed. I got a letter from my DOM this morning saying,he was so happy that I was returning to work and would I ring my lino to arrange the 4 hours a day for 1 week and 6 for the next and 8 there after,so I rang my lino and said my sick note ends next Tuesday but I was seeing my GP Friday and he would have the final say if and when I could go back. I thought that was that,until he rang me about an hour ago,telling me it was up to him and the dom when I should return to work,I said he or the dom or the atos woman weren't GPs and I had a sick note till Tuesday but I said again I would say to my gp I wanted to return.he said again it was up to him or the dom and if I refused he would cut my sick pay,I told him it was up to him and said good bye,what do you think?
Regards
P
I think your DOM's a pr*ck.
He is right he can do what he wants,and if you don't like it tough shite as they have good lawyers :left: ;liar
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Atos

Post by TeeferTiger »

phronsias wrote:
TeeferTiger wrote:Have you got a copy of what was agreed between you and ATOS?
Hi
Thanks for your help! yes I have a copy,its says the magement will deside what my 4 hours a day job will be and its says I want to get the gp's ok to return.
Regards
P
PS I know my dom is a dick
At the end of the day, your GP has the final say in the matter. As I think we've said before, if you go back against your GP's wishes and further injure youself, RM won't back you up and I'm sure RM can also get into trouble for getting you back before you've been signed back.

Your GP just needs to put on the fit note "fit for work with amended duties" and get him to put on there no lifting, carrying, outdoor work for X amount of time and then so on and so forth. Make sure you take a copy of it before you give it to your DOM.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Atos

Post by POSTMAN »

'Not fit for work'
Your doctor will choose this option when they believe that your health condition will prevent you from working for a stated period of time.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/ ... /DG_187161" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Your GP’s advice

You should not go back to work before the end date on your fit note if your GP has advised that:
returning to work would be unsafe
returning to work would be bad for your health

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/2559.aspx?C ... oryID=1903" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Where a Registered Medical Praticioner has "signed off" and employee as being unfit for work and the employee wishes to return before the note's expiry, the employer should either require a further note from the Doctor, advising the employee fit for work.

Otherwise, the employer may be liable for any perceievd risk to that person or other employees; of infection, for example, or, otherwise that the employee's inabilty to perform through illness, might result in unacceptabel risk (a fork lift operator, suffering dizzy spells, for example).

Ignoring the Doctor's sick note thus presents a potential liability for the employer, who, in the event of incident, might well find his only mittigation to be a written risk assessment, based on the employees fitness to work, at the time of the incident.

http://www.workplacelaw.net/forums/list ... ead_id/432" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I could go on all day,but you get my drift.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Atos

Post by TeeferTiger »

I said that but I didn't waffle on... :whistle :wink: :chuckle
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
phronsias
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 207
Joined: 28 Oct 2011, 17:59
Gender: Male

Re: Atos

Post by phronsias »

TeeferTiger wrote:
phronsias wrote:
TeeferTiger wrote:Have you got a copy of what was agreed between you and ATOS?
Hi
Thanks for your help! yes I have a copy,its says the magement will deside what my 4 hours a day job will be and its says I want to get the gp's ok to return.
Regards
P
PS I know my dom is a dick
At the end of the day, your GP has the final say in the matter. As I think we've said before, if you go back against your GP's wishes and further injure youself, RM won't back you up and I'm sure RM can also get into trouble for getting you back before you've been signed back.

Your GP just needs to put on the fit note "fit for work with amended duties" and get him to put on there no lifting, carrying, outdoor work for X amount of time and then so on and so forth. Make sure you take a copy of it before you give it to your DOM.
Hi
Ive just come back from my GP and he has given me the ok to a return to work as of Tuesday 10th Jan,he has put on the fit note "fit for work with amended duties, no lifting, carrying, outdoor work for the near future,RM want me to do a 4 hour day for a week, the following week a 6 hour day the 8 hours the week after,the only worry I have is, what if after two weeks Im unable to do a full 8 hours, Im going to (atos) physio Tuesday morning to be assessed.
Any advice?
Thanks again for all your help
P
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Atos

Post by TeeferTiger »

Then you go back to your GP and they write another fit note stating what you're fit for...
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
bogstandard
Posts: 1074
Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 06:16

Re: Atos

Post by bogstandard »

what RM want and what you are capable of may well be two different things. the return to work plan should have been agreed with you. this would be based on the all things going well scenario. however thing do not always go to plan and IF you do not feel that it is appropriate to move to the next stage of your return to work programme they put this to your DOM and follow it up in writing. You will need to be fair and not move to the next stage because you don't want to, but because you are perhaps struggling to meet the requirements thus far. if you put it to your DOM during your discussion and also in your follow up letter and you are unfortunate to suffer a relapse because the DOM ignored your conversation and your follow up letter you get an LS 3 form from your rep and get in touch with the DWP and tell them you would like to register an industrial injury, they will send you out a pack to fill out. As you informed your DOM verbally and also followed this up with a letter your DOM will not have shown you the duty of care required and will have knowingly risked your health. So be sure to keep a diary and a copy of the letter you send off to your DOM, as the DWP would like this to assist them in their decision making.
Confused... You won't be, after the next episode of. SOAP
phronsias
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 207
Joined: 28 Oct 2011, 17:59
Gender: Male

Re: Atos

Post by phronsias »

bogstandard wrote:what RM want and what you are capable of may well be two different things. the return to work plan should have been agreed with you. this would be based on the all things going well scenario. however thing do not always go to plan and IF you do not feel that it is appropriate to move to the next stage of your return to work programme they put this to your DOM and follow it up in writing. You will need to be fair and not move to the next stage because you don't want to, but because you are perhaps struggling to meet the requirements thus far. if you put it to your DOM during your discussion and also in your follow up letter and you are unfortunate to suffer a relapse because the DOM ignored your conversation and your follow up letter you get an LS 3 form from your rep and get in touch with the DWP and tell them you would like to register an industrial injury, they will send you out a pack to fill out. As you informed your DOM verbally and also followed this up with a letter your DOM will not have shown you the duty of care required and will have knowingly risked your health. So be sure to keep a diary and a copy of the letter you send off to your DOM, as the DWP would like this to assist them in their decision making.
Hello and thanks
One question you may be able to help me with.....I was dew to return to work tomorrow but I have a weeks leave this week, will the 4 hour day for a week followed by a 6 hour day for the next week proposed by Atos still apply?
Regards
P
phronsias
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 207
Joined: 28 Oct 2011, 17:59
Gender: Male

Re: Atos

Post by phronsias »

phronsias wrote:
bogstandard wrote:what RM want and what you are capable of may well be two different things. the return to work plan should have been agreed with you. this would be based on the all things going well scenario. however thing do not always go to plan and IF you do not feel that it is appropriate to move to the next stage of your return to work programme they put this to your DOM and follow it up in writing. You will need to be fair and not move to the next stage because you don't want to, but because you are perhaps struggling to meet the requirements thus far. if you put it to your DOM during your discussion and also in your follow up letter and you are unfortunate to suffer a relapse because the DOM ignored your conversation and your follow up letter you get an LS 3 form from your rep and get in touch with the DWP and tell them you would like to register an industrial injury, they will send you out a pack to fill out. As you informed your DOM verbally and also followed this up with a letter your DOM will not have shown you the duty of care required and will have knowingly risked your health. So be sure to keep a diary and a copy of the letter you send off to your DOM, as the DWP would like this to assist them in their decision making.
Hello and thanks
One question you may be able to help me with.....I was dew to return to work tomorrow but I have a weeks leave this week, will the 4 hour day for a week followed by a 6 hour day for the next week proposed by Atos still apply?
Regards
P
Any ideas?
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Atos

Post by POSTMAN »

phronsias wrote:
phronsias wrote:
bogstandard wrote:what RM want and what you are capable of may well be two different things. the return to work plan should have been agreed with you. this would be based on the all things going well scenario. however thing do not always go to plan and IF you do not feel that it is appropriate to move to the next stage of your return to work programme they put this to your DOM and follow it up in writing. You will need to be fair and not move to the next stage because you don't want to, but because you are perhaps struggling to meet the requirements thus far. if you put it to your DOM during your discussion and also in your follow up letter and you are unfortunate to suffer a relapse because the DOM ignored your conversation and your follow up letter you get an LS 3 form from your rep and get in touch with the DWP and tell them you would like to register an industrial injury, they will send you out a pack to fill out. As you informed your DOM verbally and also followed this up with a letter your DOM will not have shown you the duty of care required and will have knowingly risked your health. So be sure to keep a diary and a copy of the letter you send off to your DOM, as the DWP would like this to assist them in their decision making.
Hello and thanks
One question you may be able to help me with.....I was dew to return to work tomorrow but I have a weeks leave this week, will the 4 hour day for a week followed by a 6 hour day for the next week proposed by Atos still apply?
Regards
P
Any ideas?
It starts when you go back to work.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
bogstandard
Posts: 1074
Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 06:16

Re: Atos

Post by bogstandard »

apologies for the delay. Ideally you inform work that you are coming off the sick and that you will be taking your a/l, also that you will be returning to work after this. You can tell them just for your own clarification that upon return you will be doing whatever you have agreed to do. Your return to work plan commences when you return to work.
Confused... You won't be, after the next episode of. SOAP