ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

posties leavin cards with no packet

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Cedar_Room
Posts: 826
Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 14:09

Re: posties leavin cards with no packet

Post by Cedar_Room »

Yeah,Cheetah is right.

I know colleagues,old school & new entrants,who's main objective STILL is to finish early & make time,by any means necessary.

The two lad's who cover our (P&L) duties are great examples of this,d2d's never touched,re-directions rarely done,kill-off's ignored,packet's left in...the list goes on....all in the name of flying out of the door as soon as they possibly can!

All of the above are ignored by the inept management & despite the fact that job & knock is supposed to be finished,we still have the same old faces coming back to the office up to 90mins early.

I try not to let it bother me & rise above,but sometimes 'the untouchables' in my office really get on my t*ts! :arrrghhh
“Shorts,in this weather?!”

“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”

“What’s she been ordering now?”
BillyPosty
Posts: 237
Joined: 04 Aug 2011, 13:12
Gender: Male

Re: posties leavin cards with no packet

Post by BillyPosty »

When I first started a few months ago someone came over to my frame (old timer) and started putting red cards in the fitting for attempted parcels left the day before, with "0" entered in the please wait box. I didn't question it or anything but a few weeks later I ran out of slips so I wrote all the details down after the loop, filled the cards in the next day and put them in the frame the next day like he did - I got a real telling off for it :oops: . Now I have a box of spare cards and numerous pens just incase - but there's still people doing it in the office who haven't had a single word mentioned to them :evil/mad
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Re: posties leavin cards with no packet

Post by General Mannerheim »

custard wrote:well its an often stated issue on many news storys
so heres todays tale for me

I'm sitting in the house
I see the postie coming(regular,been on the duty at least 5 years) looking towards the window as he passed the drive
I think,ah he probably has a packet
get to the door as the mail falls through
see a P739?
open the door and am told its from yesterday and heran out of cards
fair enough,though if i run out of P739s,I take the packt out the next day again
however when I checked with the mrs,she was in the living room when the mail came in yesterday (i thought she was maybe in the shower and didnt hear)
so no knock yesterday and a card left today
its a small bluray boxset,so no massive packet

so why do it?
even worse is he knows Im a postie :hmmmm :d'oh!
You've spent far too much time answering questions like this on Martin Lewis' MoneySaving.com. :cuppa
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
Cheetah
Posts: 428
Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 13:17
Gender: Male

Re: posties leavin cards with no packet

Post by Cheetah »

Judgee wrote:See the post by postman above your last Cheetah... the "potential management" quote was not aimed at you but had been aimed at me previously! :wink: It's not me that needs specsavers! :Very Happy
You're right Sorry.I'll book an appointment in the morning LOL :Very Happy :Very Happy
not me
Posts: 2735
Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
Gender: Female
Location: Uranus

Re: posties leavin cards with no packet

Post by not me »

General Mannerheim wrote:
custard wrote:well its an often stated issue on many news storys
so heres todays tale for me

I'm sitting in the house
I see the postie coming(regular,been on the duty at least 5 years) looking towards the window as he passed the drive
I think,ah he probably has a packet
get to the door as the mail falls through
see a P739?
open the door and am told its from yesterday and heran out of cards
fair enough,though if i run out of P739s,I take the packt out the next day again
however when I checked with the mrs,she was in the living room when the mail came in yesterday (i thought she was maybe in the shower and didnt hear)
so no knock yesterday and a card left today
its a small bluray boxset,so no massive packet

so why do it?
even worse is he knows Im a postie :hmmmm :d'oh!
You've spent far too much time answering questions like this on Martin Lewis' MoneySaving.com. :cuppa

lol,but in my case its 100% someone was home
no access issues
its all new builds.so all numbers with no isues
no real excuse/reason for it