ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Happy New Year to all

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Happy New Year to all

Post by Lounge Lizard »

DGP1 wrote:Happy 2012...............and remember that the world ends in December so make sure you've all your leave taken be then :chuckle :chuckle
and maybe had a few days off sick too. :crazy:
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Happy New Year to all

Post by TeeferTiger »

Straight4ward wrote:
TeeferTiger wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:I think a lot of us will be sacked next year. :sad:
Speak for yourself! I'm already out :nana

Blwyddyn newydd dda pawb xxxx
WTF!

You've pinched that off of one of those eye test charts, haven't you?
That's the line right at the very bottom that no one can read without a magnifying glass. :chuckle
Oddly enough, when I sent a text saying "Blwyddyn newydd dda" to my Mum last night, the phone auto corrected it to "Blurry newydd dda" so you're not far off I guess!
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Happy New Year to all

Post by fishtank »

TeeferTiger wrote: Oddly enough, when I sent a text saying "Blwyddyn newydd dda" to my Mum last night, the phone auto corrected it to "Blurry newydd dda" so you're not far off I guess!
Do Welsh mobile phones have a dd key or do you have to hit d twice? :hmmmm :confused
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Happy New Year to all

Post by TeeferTiger »

fishtank wrote:
TeeferTiger wrote: Oddly enough, when I sent a text saying "Blwyddyn newydd dda" to my Mum last night, the phone auto corrected it to "Blurry newydd dda" so you're not far off I guess!
Do Welsh mobile phones have a dd key or do you have to hit d twice? :hmmmm :confused
I don't know, I have a Sony Ericsson... :chuckle

I wonder if there's a welsh keyboard download? Not that there'd be room on the screen for the extra letters, mind. I guess I'll just carry on struggling through typing l twice, and d twice, and n then g etc. :wink: Or just type in english like I usually do.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Happy New Year to all

Post by DGP1 »

TeeferTiger wrote: Or just type in english like I usually do.
A good proper language :nervous I think everyone in the world should speak English............or should that be American :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Happy New Year to all

Post by TeeferTiger »

DGP1 wrote:
TeeferTiger wrote: Or just type in english like I usually do.
A good proper language :nervous I think everyone in the world should speak English............or should that be American :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
Noooooooo not American English! I make a point of using British English.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
Wessex
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1267
Joined: 10 Jul 2007, 17:20

Re: Happy New Year to all

Post by Wessex »

Happy New Year :Very Happy