ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Yodel petition
-
Straight4ward
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1621
- Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Yodel petition
I've got it wrong again, haven't I?
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
-
twobags
- Posts: 299
- Joined: 09 Dec 2009, 18:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Yodel petition
Today come across a door stepped argos packet and the people were in, argos also use yodel for their home delivery ,the reason i know this was because we ordered an item from argos to be delivered on a certain day ,we waited in all day it didnt arrive, phoned argos told it was at the hub and would be with us 3 days after the date we had set [they refunded delivery charge ] friday come and went no delivery chased again thats when yodels name come up any way another 2 missed delivery dates various lies and excuses we got it 12 days later apperently rolled over 5 days running, they blamed the weather first and then the workload ,i explained i understood the work load part but there was no excuse for lack of contact and poor service let alone the lies so far its cost argos £26 in vouchers and waivered delivery charge the item was only worth £35, and to top it all we had asgos packets for delivery today 
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Yodel petition
yorkie13 wrote:Amazon are a pain in the backside putting one book in a box that could take 3 or 4.The more orders they give to Yodel the better as far as I'm concerned.
DO NOT SIGN THE PETITION.
Thank you
Have you had a bang on the head
This is our main Amazon competitor we are talking about and they are terrible. Its also your job which you should be protecting as the more parcels Amazon send out Royal Mail the more money we make.
I sometimes wonder
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Yodel petition
I must agree with you krussel, mind you when we have people complaining about the trolleys taking too long to deliver from, when people come in early to get a flyer etc, nothing really surprises me any more.krussel wrote:yorkie13 wrote:Amazon are a pain in the backside putting one book in a box that could take 3 or 4.The more orders they give to Yodel the better as far as I'm concerned.
DO NOT SIGN THE PETITION.
Thank you
Have you had a bang on the head![]()
This is our main Amazon competitor we are talking about and they are terrible. Its also your job which you should be protecting as the more parcels Amazon send out Royal Mail the more money we make.
I sometimes wonder
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
north london driver
- Posts: 560
- Joined: 18 Aug 2010, 21:51
- Gender: Male
Re: Yodel petition
good luck to all these new delivery firms if they dont do well my guvnor wont have any wtl meetings
telling us were all s**t and that is why we are losing so much work and that we will be having a revision due
to lack of work.this is the same revision we have been waiting for in seven years.
telling us were all s**t and that is why we are losing so much work and that we will be having a revision due
to lack of work.this is the same revision we have been waiting for in seven years.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Yodel petition
No revision for 7 years!!!!!!!!!!!! Our OPALS have been changed so many times in the last seven years I'm surprised we manage to get any sorting done at all. Don't tell me you are still on 5 am starts out for 7 and still job and knocknorth london driver wrote:good luck to all these new delivery firms if they dont do well my guvnor wont have any wtl meetings
telling us were all s**t and that is why we are losing so much work and that we will be having a revision due
to lack of work.this is the same revision we have been waiting for in seven years.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Yodel petition
dvbuk55 wrote:No revision for 7 years!!!!!!!!!!!! Our OPALS have been changed so many times in the last seven years I'm surprised we manage to get any sorting done at all. Don't tell me you are still on 5 am starts out for 7 and still job and knocknorth london driver wrote:good luck to all these new delivery firms if they dont do well my guvnor wont have any wtl meetings
telling us were all s**t and that is why we are losing so much work and that we will be having a revision due
to lack of work.this is the same revision we have been waiting for in seven years.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Yodel petition
Nonsense! I have always been sarcastic, rude and unbearable - I was born that way.DGP1 wrote:dvbuk55 wrote:No revision for 7 years!!!!!!!!!!!! Our OPALS have been changed so many times in the last seven years I'm surprised we manage to get any sorting done at all. Don't tell me you are still on 5 am starts out for 7 and still job and knocknorth london driver wrote:good luck to all these new delivery firms if they dont do well my guvnor wont have any wtl meetings
telling us were all s**t and that is why we are losing so much work and that we will be having a revision due
to lack of work.this is the same revision we have been waiting for in seven years.You are getting more and more sarcastic in your old age
![]()
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Yodel petition
dvbuk55 wrote:Nonsense! I have always been sarcastic, rude and unbearable - I was born that way.DGP1 wrote:dvbuk55 wrote:No revision for 7 years!!!!!!!!!!!! Our OPALS have been changed so many times in the last seven years I'm surprised we manage to get any sorting done at all. Don't tell me you are still on 5 am starts out for 7 and still job and knocknorth london driver wrote:good luck to all these new delivery firms if they dont do well my guvnor wont have any wtl meetings
telling us were all s**t and that is why we are losing so much work and that we will be having a revision due
to lack of work.this is the same revision we have been waiting for in seven years.You are getting more and more sarcastic in your old age
![]()
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
Caniel
- Posts: 623
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
- Gender: Female
- Location: The Batcave
Re: Yodel petition
A yodel courier delivered a packet to the wrong address on my round, I found out because I caught the person it had be delivered too in error trying to wedge the bloody thing under the windscreen wiper on my van...
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Yodel petition
Caniel wrote:A yodel courier delivered a packet to the wrong address on my round, I found out because I caught the person it had be delivered too in error trying to wedge the bloody thing under the windscreen wiper on my van...
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: Yodel petition
Miss GaGa ?!dvbuk55 wrote:Nonsense! I have always been sarcastic, rude and unbearable - I was born that way.DGP1 wrote:dvbuk55 wrote:No revision for 7 years!!!!!!!!!!!! Our OPALS have been changed so many times in the last seven years I'm surprised we manage to get any sorting done at all. Don't tell me you are still on 5 am starts out for 7 and still job and knocknorth london driver wrote:good luck to all these new delivery firms if they dont do well my guvnor wont have any wtl meetings
telling us were all s**t and that is why we are losing so much work and that we will be having a revision due
to lack of work.this is the same revision we have been waiting for in seven years.You are getting more and more sarcastic in your old age
![]()
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Yodel petition
If I worked for any company and had been instructed to leave parcels outside, i'd at least buy a load of clear plastic bags and leave the items inside one. It would cost virtually nothing and give the customers much better service. Though i'm guessing Yodel's employees don't seem to care about that.dids620 wrote:i work for rm but the wife works for yodel. the packets she delivers (inc amazon) state on her pda whether it needs a sig or can be left safe. doorstepping is not deemed safe but it can be hidden and doesnt necessarily need to be dry as long as it is out of view. yodel only pay the drivers when item has been delivered so leaving a box of books in the rear garden wet through is common practise. would YOU take it home with you to try again the next day(and the one after sometimes) wasting your own petrol when you have been instructed to leave it?
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Yodel petition
dvbuk55 wrote:Caniel wrote:A yodel courier delivered a packet to the wrong address on my round, I found out because I caught the person it had be delivered too in error trying to wedge the bloody thing under the windscreen wiper on my van...Reminds me of the bloke who came into the callers shouting his mouth off about how we had failed a redirection and he knew the local MP and how much better it would be if we were privatised and so on and so on....................by the time he'd finished his tirade and I managed to get a word in there was quite an audience......I said how sorry I was he was having a problem with his redirection and could he bring some of the mail wrongly delivered by Royal Mail as the letters he was producing to me was actually delivered by Hayes which was a private company...............not a word of apology, just snatched the letters back and stormed out.
Whilst delivering to a firm i once was handed (well kind of thrown) a bundle of mail and told i had miss delivered them earlier in the morning. One look and i saw it was Hayes DX so i handed it back saying i could not take it and explianed why. They got quite humpy about it saying "well you could take it back if you wanted". I wished them good day and carried on. When i got back to the office they had phoned up and complained about me miss delivering and refusing to handle the mail
My dom asked them to bring it to the office and ask for him, but they never did.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: Yodel petition
They're not paid very much to start with, would you buy them out of your own pocket?!OnAFlyer wrote:If I worked for any company and had been instructed to leave parcels outside, i'd at least buy a load of clear plastic bags and leave the items inside one. It would cost virtually nothing and give the customers much better service. Though i'm guessing Yodel's employees don't seem to care about that.dids620 wrote:i work for rm but the wife works for yodel. the packets she delivers (inc amazon) state on her pda whether it needs a sig or can be left safe. doorstepping is not deemed safe but it can be hidden and doesnt necessarily need to be dry as long as it is out of view. yodel only pay the drivers when item has been delivered so leaving a box of books in the rear garden wet through is common practise. would YOU take it home with you to try again the next day(and the one after sometimes) wasting your own petrol when you have been instructed to leave it?
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?