ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
saga mags
-
Blue29
- Posts: 223
- Joined: 22 Jun 2011, 10:24
- Gender: Male
Re: saga mags
Posted a feck off catalogue tome through a door today and the woman battered on the window upset that it went bang when it landed on her mat.
Should I have knocked on her door? I just shrugged and thought to myself what a s**t christmas she must be having. What's the norm with these things post or knock?
Should I have knocked on her door? I just shrugged and thought to myself what a s**t christmas she must be having. What's the norm with these things post or knock?
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: saga mags
Is that per delivery point?SexyLegs wrote:You may or may not be aware but anything weighing more than 1kg should be put out for packet deliveries,
What if every house gets a 900g magazine?
-
banner18
- Posts: 636
- Joined: 05 Sep 2008, 19:10
- Gender: Male
Re: saga mags
SexyLegs wrote:You may or may not be aware but anything weighing more than 1kg should be put out for packet deliveries, if you're on park and loop then as long as you're bag weight for each loop is under 11kg you have no argument, unless there are flats involved etc etc etc etc!
I don't enjoy these heavy magazines but use the guidelines if you can :)
We have been told that those guidelines have now changed just like packet sizes. The guideline is, can it fit in your bag and is the bag overweight? If the answer is yes, then a no, the footman takes it.
-
RedBagMan
- Posts: 1010
- Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Behind the lens
Re: saga mags
We were advised "spread em out over the week" - Saga and Viking Direct - trouble was ... no-one told "floater me" yesterday 
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: saga mags
Ive already snapped the plastic off a set of indoor brushes on a box. If they were flush it would not have been a problem.Blue29 wrote:Posted a feck off catalogue tome through a door today and the woman battered on the window upset that it went bang when it landed on her mat.
Should I have knocked on her door? I just shrugged and thought to myself what a s**t christmas she must be having. What's the norm with these things post or knock?
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
Lateagainpostie
- Posts: 393
- Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 18:17
- Gender: Male
Re: saga mags
Viking, Saga, James and Park Dean holidays all hit us yesterday
If you love Man Utd, you'll love my forum Talkingreds
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: saga mags
Whether it's BB or not,there is still a weight issue...All RM Heavyweight items above 1kg will be delivered by vans.
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 36&t=29217" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Postiegirl1
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 28 Dec 2011, 10:47
- Gender: Female
Re: saga mags
Ive not had the saga or Viking yet. I know it's a matter of time!
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: saga mags
If you're on park&loop you shouldn't be using bags so you can hardly bleat about health&safety can you?SexyLegs wrote:if you're on park and loop then as long as you're bag weight for each loop is under 11kg you have no argument, unless there are flats involved etc etc etc etc!
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: saga mags
I delivered one once a few years ago when I was a reserve and the whole letter box followed the SAGA mag, nothing left but the hole.krussel wrote:Ive already snapped the plastic off a set of indoor brushes on a box. If they were flush it would not have been a problem.Blue29 wrote:Posted a feck off catalogue tome through a door today and the woman battered on the window upset that it went bang when it landed on her mat.
Should I have knocked on her door? I just shrugged and thought to myself what a s**t christmas she must be having. What's the norm with these things post or knock?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Straight4ward
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1621
- Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
- Gender: Male
Re: saga mags
"I delivered one once a few years ago when I was a reserve and the whole letter box followed the SAGA mag, nothing left but the hole." 
I thought that you were going to say you'd brought the door down with it!
I thought that you were going to say you'd brought the door down with it!
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
-
malcolm3011
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 303
- Joined: 05 Aug 2010, 18:42
- Gender: Male
Re: saga mags
bensonhedge wrote:wtf where they all about today then....have a word!
These saga mags seem to get more in them every year, mine had 4 borchures in each one
-
postmankev
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 23 Feb 2010, 15:05
- Gender: Male
Re: saga mags
Just when we clear the saga loads more turn up for tomorrow
-
SexyLegs
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 393
- Joined: 13 Apr 2010, 16:00
- Gender: Male
Re: saga mags
I realise P&L is supposed to do away with the need for bags but in the real world we know it doesn't, the loops are never small enough to just be able to take a small bundle.......are they?fishtank wrote:If you're on park&loop you shouldn't be using bags so you can hardly bleat about health&safety can you?SexyLegs wrote:if you're on park and loop then as long as you're bag weight for each loop is under 11kg you have no argument, unless there are flats involved etc etc etc etc!
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: saga mags
P&L? In Muppet world they use bags,in the real world they use trolleys.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.