ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

xmas tips

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: xmas tips

Post by Darren Bent »

All I got is a present from someone and it is dark mint chocolate. My dad is enjoying them. :shock:
RedBagMan
Posts: 1010
Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male
Location: Behind the lens

Re: xmas tips

Post by RedBagMan »

As a floater I've been expecting nowt - but £15 has been pressed into my floating hand so far ... has covered my apre work "tincture" if nowt else :chuckle
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
chuzzwuzzer
Posts: 46
Joined: 08 Nov 2011, 15:07
Gender: Male

Re: xmas tips

Post by chuzzwuzzer »

An old fella on my walk said he had already given the christmas box to another postie who must have been covering my round for that day.He did offer me a mint though.Great. :roll:
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: xmas tips

Post by TeeferTiger »

Darren Bent wrote:All I got is a present from someone and it is dark mint chocolate. My dad is enjoying them. :shock:
Awwww, I'd have had them off ya!! :chuckle
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: xmas tips

Post by DGP1 »

TeeferTiger wrote:
Darren Bent wrote:All I got is a present from someone and it is dark mint chocolate. My dad is enjoying them. :shock:
Awwww, I'd have had them off ya!! :chuckle
There are places you can go to for help with your addiction..............and we could arrange an intervention :nana :nana :nana
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: xmas tips

Post by krussel »

DGP1 wrote:
TeeferTiger wrote:
Darren Bent wrote:All I got is a present from someone and it is dark mint chocolate. My dad is enjoying them. :shock:
Awwww, I'd have had them off ya!! :chuckle
There are places you can go to for help with your addiction..............and we could arrange an intervention :nana :nana :nana

You could always book an appointment with the resident counsellor in the naughty room. They cover allsorts of strange addictions in there. :nervous :silenced
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
dre33dd
Posts: 96
Joined: 04 Mar 2010, 19:05
Gender: Male

Re: xmas tips

Post by dre33dd »

IT IS ALL ABOUT THE TIPS!!
WE GET LOADS ON THE COAST AS THERE ARE LOTS OF LOADED OAPS...THEY PAY LOADS OUT..IF I GET LESS THAN A GRAND I WILL GIVE UP THE JOB!!!
I LOOK AFTER THEM AND THEY LOOK AFTER ME!!
Postman Plodd
Posts: 596
Joined: 30 Nov 2008, 15:53
Gender: Male

Re: xmas tips

Post by Postman Plodd »

I am on course to do better than i thought i would this year. 2 days left and no-one has taken any money from me yet.

Here's a thought, should i tip my postie? The boor bugger had twice the amount of parcels of any other walk in the office.
glenfiddich
Posts: 1012
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15

Re: xmas tips

Post by glenfiddich »

dre33dd wrote:IT IS ALL ABOUT THE TIPS!!
WE GET LOADS ON THE COAST AS THERE ARE LOTS OF LOADED OAPS...THEY PAY LOADS OUT..IF I GET LESS THAN A GRAND I WILL GIVE UP THE JOB!!!
I LOOK AFTER THEM AND THEY LOOK AFTER ME!!
they must be deaf as well with all that shouting
Cedar_Room
Posts: 826
Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 14:09

Re: xmas tips

Post by Cedar_Room »

Pulled well over £150 last year on my old duty.

This year,park & loop,a new walk & a bottle of wine between me & my oppo. :crazy:
“Shorts,in this weather?!”

“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”

“What’s she been ordering now?”
Stella102
Posts: 597
Joined: 06 Aug 2011, 19:32
Gender: Male

Re: xmas tips

Post by Stella102 »

lot of people in my office get £500 plus. The benefits of a rural office.
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: xmas tips

Post by TeeferTiger »

DGP1 wrote:
TeeferTiger wrote:
Darren Bent wrote:All I got is a present from someone and it is dark mint chocolate. My dad is enjoying them. :shock:
Awwww, I'd have had them off ya!! :chuckle
There are places you can go to for help with your addiction..............and we could arrange an intervention :nana :nana :nana
Leave me alone ya big bunch of meanies :oops:

P.S. There's not much chocolate cake left :nervous :chuckle
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
szav
Posts: 12
Joined: 25 Dec 2008, 22:54
Gender: Male

Re: xmas tips

Post by szav »

half hour thai massage voucher, yesterday ;)
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: xmas tips

Post by krussel »

szav wrote:half hour thai massage voucher, yesterday ;)

Thats a bit weird. :crazy:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: xmas tips

Post by dvbuk55 »

Judgee wrote:Got more alcohol than anything else this year.... guess I look like I need a drink! :shock:
OR, you look like a drunk :wave