ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

laugh of the day...PDA

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Thunderthighs
Posts: 990
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 19:42
Gender: Male

Re: laugh of the day...PDA

Post by Thunderthighs »

PDA = Posties Depression Accessory?
Whats wrong with pen/paper? I was Ink Well monitor in my class, no-kidding! Remember slate and chalk too. ( No, I wasn't in the same class as Fred Flintstone...)

Oh, I know what's wrong with pen/paper - you cant be "Big Brother'd" by them.

You're give a few inaccurate instructions, on a quite complicated electronic item ( Ok if you've been brought up with Hi-Tech stuff in school etc), then,
you're expected to address all things that alter, go wrong or fail on the PDA.

Once you scan the barcode, it always never say's "wait a moment please" on the 1st attempt. So...you scan it again-and again.
I had over 60 scans for 25 collection points as the bloody " wait a moment thing hadn't shown up, so I assumed the scan hadn't been recorded.
Standing in the wind, rain, cold, snow with a stoooopid machine in your hand, that won't work correctly, is the basis of a new comedy sketch/series, perhaps?
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: laugh of the day...PDA

Post by TeeferTiger »

I trained people properly :so there
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
not me
Posts: 2735
Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
Gender: Female
Location: Uranus

Re: laugh of the day...PDA

Post by not me »

celerycelery wrote:Our PDA's are getting worse and worse. Guess they are like a phone when it comes to the battery and constant charging damages their lifespan. Only takes about 2 hours and its down to 20% and warning me about battery too low. Surely the charger could have been fitted in the glove box then you could hide it away but still charge it. Seems stupid having the charger on full display in the van but we cant leave it too charge unless we are in van.

supposedly the battery's were due for renewal in April :hmmmm