ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Sole Purpose Of Being A Reserve
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: Sole Purpose Of Being A Reserve
You're absolutely right I am convinced... all those people that were reserves and put up with all the crap until they got thier own walks should go back to being reserves, just so the current reserves can stop crying how hard done by they all are! 
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
MinisterofCucumber
- Posts: 806
- Joined: 15 Dec 2009, 22:18
- Gender: Male
Re: Sole Purpose Of Being A Reserve
I have never said that duty holders should all become reserves. I have said that all reserves should cover their fair share of duties.
Should the Union be used to provide one group of members extra benefits at the expense of another group?
In some offices, where seniority is king, juniors stand very little chance of getting annual leave during the school holidays and have to absorb more work than senior workers.
Should the Union be used to provide one group of members extra benefits at the expense of another group?
In some offices, where seniority is king, juniors stand very little chance of getting annual leave during the school holidays and have to absorb more work than senior workers.
"You wanna f**k with me? Okay. You wanna play rough? Okay. Say hello to my little friend!" - Tony Montana
-
smelly_cat_lady
- Posts: 341
- Joined: 22 Nov 2009, 15:08
- Gender: Female
- Location: On the delivery office floor looking up shorts
Re: Sole Purpose Of Being A Reserve
What's with this garbage about reserves 'having to absorb more work' ?? As for missing out on having school holidays off, I reckon that's doing them a favour!
And no, I'm not a manager (had all this sh*t before) I was a reserve covering the same 5 duties every week. When I got moved to a walk I didn't know, I just did my best to get it prepped and delivered in the hours I worked. If I cut off because I was 'late' out then tough. I respected the fact that some of my colleagues had been there eleventy eight million years and got the so called 'easy' walks, got on with my own work and didn't spend time sitting around grizzling.
And no, I'm not a manager (had all this sh*t before) I was a reserve covering the same 5 duties every week. When I got moved to a walk I didn't know, I just did my best to get it prepped and delivered in the hours I worked. If I cut off because I was 'late' out then tough. I respected the fact that some of my colleagues had been there eleventy eight million years and got the so called 'easy' walks, got on with my own work and didn't spend time sitting around grizzling.
-
PhilthyPhil
- Posts: 1155
- Joined: 23 Nov 2007, 19:15
Re: Sole Purpose Of Being A Reserve
That is not a reserve, it is a floater/day off cover.smelly_cat_lady wrote: I was a reserve covering the same 5 duties every week
-
smelly_cat_lady
- Posts: 341
- Joined: 22 Nov 2009, 15:08
- Gender: Female
- Location: On the delivery office floor looking up shorts
Re: Sole Purpose Of Being A Reserve
Thats me! A floater in the toilet bowl of life............. Floater one week, reserve the next...........
-
muzzy
- Posts: 220
- Joined: 04 Sep 2011, 21:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Sole Purpose Of Being A Reserve
Been a floater for 3 weeks now, covered 3 different walks and on another new one next week. Have to say I'm enjoying the variety after 4 months on one walk. The first day is a bit of a pain learning how to bag up and navigating the route but after that it's fine. Interesting to see how some walks are clearly harder than others already