ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Any Journalists Trawling this site?/Angard Staffing?

An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
hantsman
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 876
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 09:33
Gender: Male

Re: Any Journalists Trawling this site?/Angard Staffing?

Post by hantsman »

lollipop4458 wrote:No its no joke thats what they have told me.I really do not know what to do as I need the job but I can not work for nothing !!!!

Lollipop is "bellend" and I claim my £5. :Very Happy Its consumer focus not trading standards me thinks. You won't be told either about any other complaints.
intelligentsia
Posts: 116
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 22:14
Gender: Male

Re: Any Journalists Trawling this site?/Angard Staffing?

Post by intelligentsia »

fishtank wrote:To be fair intel...i don't think shouting will win over many people. :neutral:
Shouting? Just printing in clear, large type that even the blindest person at ANGARD STAFFING SOLUTIONS in will be able to read?
Fair? Has this corrupt, evil, incompetent and utterly despicable company owned up or apologised for all their wrongdoing?
Don't talk about "fairness" to all of us casual workers because we are justifiably and FAIRLY angry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Re: Any Journalists Trawling this site?/Angard Staffing?

Post by BELIAL »

intelligentsia wrote:
fishtank wrote:To be fair intel...i don't think shouting will win over many people. :neutral:
Shouting? Just printing in clear, large type that even the blindest person at ANGARD STAFFING SOLUTIONS in will be able to read?
Fair? Has this corrupt, evil, incompetent and utterly despicable company owned up or apologised for all their wrongdoing?
Don't talk about "fairness" to all of us casual workers because we are justifiably and FAIRLY angry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Try to filter out the "then they raped my wife and roasted and ate my firstborn," stuff. Cos that is designed and done for a purpose. :wink: Media savvy If you know what I mean,or don't feed the troll
Bye
andy2007
Posts: 3971
Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
Gender: Male
Location: Earth

Re: Any Journalists Trawling this site?/Angard Staffing?

Post by andy2007 »

intelligentsia wrote:
markadam1962 wrote:The term "Closed Shop" is a term I thought about straight away. Casuals are "outsiders" we are not worthy to be allowed into the inner sanctum. Hence the perceived animosity there has always been between between RM employees, its sad because at the end of the day this affects everyone, but all I seem to pick up is everyone in the Royal Mail "club" running around with their fingers in their ears going "la la la la la ".

The irony, unfairness and stupidity of some attitudes FROM SOME OF THE DIMWITS AT RM is that us CHRISTMAS casuals do not matter!!?? WRONG and STUPID thinking!
CASUALS GIVE HUGE ADDED VALUE TO THE RM sorting and processing service and CONTRIBUTE TO THE BONUSES OF ALL ITS CONTRACTED RM EMPLOYEES...SO YOU HAD BETTER LISTEN, UNITE WITH US AND HELP US!!!!!!
Gross employment injustice, unfairness and exploitation AFFECTS ALL so wake up now!!!
intelligentsia
Ok, let's clear a few things up, shall we?
1) Posting in capitals, is in Internet ettiquet, shouting. Please don't shout, as it tends to get people's backs up, rather than inspiring them to help.

2) What exactly do you propose we DO as Posties, to help?
CWU HQ has totally failed to address the problem at all, and locally there's little we can do. As we're now in December, we'd have great difficulty getting enough people to vote yes, if we were balloted for any form of Industrial Action. Because, by the time we'd got organised, and given RM the legally required notice period, we'd be in the quietest time of year. Which would mean a very lengthy dispute, just to cause enough disruption to get them 'round the table.

3) Most of us are completely aware of the fact that this unfair treatment affects us all. That's why the Angard Agency Staff section of RMC was opened. To give us the chance to offer any help and advice we can. Even though, apart from Employment Law, and collating contact details for Angard. We're quite limited in what we can do to help. Still, a little help is better than none. At least that's how we see it. Besides. If the Press choose to view this site (as they have done in the past), it gives you all a chance to tell everyone about the disgusting treatment you've had at the hands of Angard.

4) We have been aware for quite some time, that RM have been getting rid of full time Posties, and replacing us with part time, or Agency staff, to save money. Tens of thousands of jobs have gone, over the past few years. True, we're better protected than Agency/Casual Workers. But that's true of any permanent employees, anywhere in the Country. That's why RM set up Angard. Then they can use more and more Agency, without having to worry about the new legislation, introduced to protect them. :Sick

5) RM have seen it's employees (Permanent, Agency and Casuals) as resources, and not people, for years now. The only reason you get it worse than us, is because permanent staff have better protection in law.

6) The majority (in my experience) of Posties, are on your side. But what we need, is some leadership from CWU HQ, and some good ideas, as to what we can do about it. Other than just feeling ashamed of how our employer is treating people. And increasingly frustrated and angry, that our Union doesn't even seem to be TRYING to come up with a strategy to address the problem. :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
dave001
Posts: 3
Joined: 16 Nov 2011, 12:44
Gender: Male

Re: Any Journalists Trawling this site?/Angard Staffing?

Post by dave001 »

Have you guys seen the "Royal Mail Christmas workers complain of poor treatment" article in the Guardian,

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/dec/1 ... sfeed=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Leonard69
Posts: 61
Joined: 20 Nov 2011, 11:45
Gender: Male

Re: Any Journalists Trawling this site?/Angard Staffing?

Post by Leonard69 »

dave001 wrote:Have you guys seen the "Royal Mail Christmas workers complain of poor treatment" article in the Guardian,

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/dec/1 ... sfeed=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Er yes, quite a lot of us (100 or so) contributed our stories to it. Perhaps a Lib Dem or Labour MP who hasn't been totally emasculated will ask questions in the House about it but i'm not holding my breath............
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Any Journalists Trawling this site?/Angard Staffing?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

intelligentsia wrote:
fishtank wrote:To be fair intel...i don't think shouting will win over many people. :neutral:
Shouting? Just printing in clear, large type that even the blindest person at ANGARD STAFFING SOLUTIONS in will be able to read?
How

This is an Unofficial site - you would be incredibly lucky if anyone from Angard was on here.

You would be doubly Lucky if they came on here to address issues.

You would be trebley lucky (is that a word :Very Happy ) if they had the authority to actually do something.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
memorius482
Posts: 10
Joined: 10 Dec 2011, 15:14
Gender: Male

Re: Any Journalists Trawling this site?/Angard Staffing?

Post by memorius482 »

Er yes, quite a lot of us (100 or so) contributed our stories to it. Perhaps a Lib Dem or Labour MP who hasn't been totally emasculated will ask questions in the House about it but i'm not holding my breath............[/quote]

I wrote to my local MP-Lib Dem-and got a reply saying that "Strict parliamentary rules mean that MPs are only allowed to take up issues on behalf of their own constituents." ???

Europe seems a bit of priority at the moment, not the thousands whose job prospects have been dashed and for whom Christmas has been ruined.
aamcle
Posts: 1
Joined: 17 Dec 2011, 11:56
Gender: Male

Re: Any Journalists Trawling this site?/Angard Staffing?

Post by aamcle »

Not paid!!!!

Went in yesterday, did my 2 - 10 shift some casual staff got a payment from the Royal Mail but I was told that according to the list I'd been paid by Angard so I got nothing.

Back home I checked my bank account - nothing!!!!

I'll see what happens on Monday before I decide if I'm going to do any work for the RM.


ATB aamcle
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Any Journalists Trawling this site?/Angard Staffing?

Post by TeeferTiger »

Well said Andy (I didn't want to quote the entire post)
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
intelligentsia
Posts: 116
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 22:14
Gender: Male

Re: Any Journalists Trawling this site?/Angard Staffing?

Post by intelligentsia »

aamcle wrote:Not paid!!!!

Went in yesterday, did my 2 - 10 shift some casual staff got a payment from the Royal Mail but I was told that according to the list I'd been paid by Angard so I got nothing.

Back home I checked my bank account - nothing!!!!

I'll see what happens on Monday before I decide if I'm going to do any work for the RM.


ATB aamcle
The Directors of ANGARD STAFFING SOLUTIONS:
Just a bunch of incompetent, self-serving, bonus obsessed, devious, greedy and obfuscating liars who have not done enough to set up a proper payroll for all its Christmas casual staff. Absolutely inexcusable and unacceptable incompetence...particularly when ANGARD STAFFING "solutions" actually INHERITED a payroll infrastructure from Royal Mail for practically a whole year i.e. since January 2011! One wonders whether these highly paid directors could actually sort and do the job of a Christmas casual on £6.35/hour or £6.05/hour if you have been working long term for Angard since last Christmas!

Yes, feel very guilty about your inexcusable treatment of Angard staff as you enjoy your lavish, ill-gotten and totally unacceptable BONUSES and big FAT SALARIES.
intelligentsia
Posts: 116
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 22:14
Gender: Male

Re: Any Journalists Trawling this site?/Angard Staffing?

Post by intelligentsia »

WHY ARE WE STILL NOT PAID?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????/

intelligentsia wrote:
aamcle wrote:Not paid!!!!

Went in yesterday, did my 2 - 10 shift some casual staff got a payment from the Royal Mail but I was told that according to the list I'd been paid by Angard so I got nothing.

Back home I checked my bank account - nothing!!!!

I'll see what happens on Monday before I decide if I'm going to do any work for the RM.


ATB aamcle
The Directors of ANGARD STAFFING SOLUTIONS:
Just a bunch of incompetent, self-serving, bonus obsessed, devious, greedy and obfuscating liars who have not done enough to set up a proper payroll for all its Christmas casual staff. Absolutely inexcusable and unacceptable incompetence...particularly when ANGARD STAFFING "solutions" actually INHERITED a payroll infrastructure from Royal Mail for practically a whole year i.e. since January 2011! One wonders whether these highly paid directors could actually sort and do the job of a Christmas casual on £6.35/hour or £6.05/hour if you have been working long term for Angard since last Christmas!

Yes, feel very guilty about your inexcusable treatment of Angard staff as you enjoy your lavish, ill-gotten and totally unacceptable BONUSES and big FAT SALARIES.
grant1985
Posts: 9
Joined: 28 Dec 2011, 08:35
Gender: Male

Re: Any Journalists Trawling this site?/Angard Staffing?

Post by grant1985 »

Hey guys I like other people are still waiting for my pay after the PR stunt just before Christmas (remember when we thought Royal Mail actually gave a damn) so I have contacted The Express and Star.

For some reason they thought it had all been resolved?? I obviously told them it was not!! and they would like you to send your comments/complaints and queries to b.sharpe@expressandstar.co.uk Becky is the Chief News Editor and wants to hear from you all.

Cheers
scottc
Posts: 4
Joined: 07 Dec 2011, 23:11
Gender: Male

Re: Any Journalists Trawling this site?/Angard Staffing?

Post by scottc »

after getting paid 1p for 49 hours work am going to the papers
intelligentsia
Posts: 116
Joined: 04 Dec 2011, 22:14
Gender: Male

Re: Any Journalists Trawling this site?/Angard Staffing?

Post by intelligentsia »

scottc wrote:after getting paid 1p for 49 hours work am going to the papers
Angard Staffing Solutions have behaved in a most despicable and appalling manner: inexcusable and totally unacceptable actions and behaviour to ALL its supposedly highly valued and indispensable Christmas casuals.

Some basics that have not been attended to by the incompetent and inept grossly overpaid directors of RM:

No properly functioning payroll system, no properly staffed payroll helplines, a completely inept recruitment process, non-payment of most of its staff[/list]

THE COMPANY SHOULD BE SEVERELY FINED AND SHUT DOWN FORTHWITH!