ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

missing packet

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: missing packet

Post by DGP1 »

fishtank wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:
Wiggins79 wrote:I'm a bit like Howard Hawks
Do you mean Howard Hughes?
Trivia.
Howard Hughes and Howard Hawks both worked on the 1932 film Scarface.
Is Howard Hawks not the skateboarder guy :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Wiggins79
Posts: 182
Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 11:25
Gender: Male

Re: missing packet

Post by Wiggins79 »

DGP1 wrote:
fishtank wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:
Wiggins79 wrote:I'm a bit like Howard Hawks
Do you mean Howard Hughes?
Trivia.
Howard Hughes and Howard Hawks both worked on the 1932 film Scarface.
Is Howard Hawks not the skateboarder guy :nervous
Doh! Yeah I meant Howard Hughes, but Howard Hawks is (or was) a superb director. His Girl Friday, The Big Sleep, Red River, Rio Bravo- all absolute classics!
And the skateboarder is Tony Hawks. Confused? I know I am.
smelly_cat_lady
Posts: 341
Joined: 22 Nov 2009, 15:08
Gender: Female
Location: On the delivery office floor looking up shorts

Re: missing packet

Post by smelly_cat_lady »

There does seem to be a huge disparity in how this is dealt with office to office. If the customer has a written instruction for you to sign for his stuff and leave it in a pre arranged/agreed place then surely the responsibility for its safety falls with him. However, we have had people lose Specials under the same circumstances and just got a slapped wrist and I've had the same happen to me and escaped with a one year serious warning.