ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Sacked for wilful delay. Tribunal next week - urgent advice
-
beastman
- Posts: 36
- Joined: 24 Jan 2010, 16:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Sacked for wilful delay. Tribunal next week - urgent adv
Forgot to ask - I know you anyone can come along as a member of the public as an observer in a tribunal. I am thinking though of dragging along my Mrs to sit directly with so she can be a 2nd pair of ears and listen out for anything I may have missed. Although she wont be speaking for or representing me as such she would be directly assisting and talking with me. Is this permitted?
This is a genuine question - does anyone think I should show a copy of this to the tribunal or could it be counter productive? ( I know its almost funny if is wasn't so serious)
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... -days.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This is a genuine question - does anyone think I should show a copy of this to the tribunal or could it be counter productive? ( I know its almost funny if is wasn't so serious)
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... -days.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Sacked for wilful delay. Tribunal next week - urgent adv
They should be the sameish,this one is from the CWU site (1998)...beastman wrote:thanks again for some of the recent additions to this thread - there been some cracking advice given.
Does anyone have a pdf copy of the latest conduct code?
this one here looks like it might be out of date (appears to be from 2008 going by the date of the thread-although the pdf is undated):
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... php?id=321" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I say this because the one in the bundle from RM's solictors appears to be dated September 2010 - annoying it looks to have omitted the part about mitigating circumstances!
http://www.cwu.org/assets/_files/docume ... e_proc.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.cwu.org/11586/agreements.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
beastman
- Posts: 36
- Joined: 24 Jan 2010, 16:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Sacked for wilful delay. Tribunal next week - urgent adv
thanks but that's definitely an older onePOSTMAN wrote:
They should be the sameish,this one is from the CWU site (1998)...
http://www.cwu.org/assets/_files/docume ... e_proc.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.cwu.org/11586/agreements.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
REDLETTER
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 748
- Joined: 27 Oct 2008, 19:00
- Gender: Male
- Location: EX-ROYAL MAIL
Re: Sacked for wilful delay. Tribunal next week - urgent adv
Last I knew you had to submit a copy to the Tribunal in the "Bundle" of documents that are relevant to you case - 3 copies for them, 1 for the Respondents Solicitors and a copy for yourself!beastman wrote:Forgot to ask - I know you anyone can come along as a member of the public as an observer in a tribunal. I am thinking though of dragging along my Mrs to sit directly with so she can be a 2nd pair of ears and listen out for anything I may have missed. Although she wont be speaking for or representing me as such she would be directly assisting and talking with me. Is this permitted?
This is a genuine question - does anyone think I should show a copy of this to the tribunal or could it be counter productive? ( I know its almost funny if is wasn't so serious)
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... -days.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The tribunal didn't take too kindly to me springing on them a new bit of paperwork on the day! And the Judge made it known! Was a long long time ago though!
-
hantsman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 876
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 09:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Sacked for wilful delay. Tribunal next week - urgent adv
Spot on the last post, the judge wont like it but they really have to accept it.
-
beastman
- Posts: 36
- Joined: 24 Jan 2010, 16:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Sacked for wilful delay. Tribunal next week - urgent adv
Thanks for asking. The tribunal couldn't be finished on the day and has been rescheduled. It would have been nice to have sorted things on the day but at least it gives me more time to prepare my summary and extra questioning for the next witness. I've got plenty more bombs to throw at RM so I'm fairly confident that the tribunal with see RM for what they are and find in my favour.Pagliacci wrote:Any news?
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Sacked for wilful delay. Tribunal next week - urgent adv
You should get away with that one mate, they can't hold the fact you didn't phone them against you unless they provide you with a phone, you can say you had no credit and no money to buy some.
I cut off reguarly since park and loop and I don't even bother to tell my managers anymore, they should know, it's never wilfull delay if you work your full 8 hours. You are paid to work 8 hours, not paid to complete an unmanagle workload given to you. Each office is different but Royal Mail are piling us up with workloads we can;t handle then are surprised when we can't do it?
I'd take them to the cleaners if they tried sacking me for working my 8 hrs.
I cut off reguarly since park and loop and I don't even bother to tell my managers anymore, they should know, it's never wilfull delay if you work your full 8 hours. You are paid to work 8 hours, not paid to complete an unmanagle workload given to you. Each office is different but Royal Mail are piling us up with workloads we can;t handle then are surprised when we can't do it?
I'd take them to the cleaners if they tried sacking me for working my 8 hrs.
-
hantsman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 876
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 09:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Sacked for wilful delay. Tribunal next week - urgent adv
coxie wrote:You should get away with that one mate, they can't hold the fact you didn't phone them against you unless they provide you with a phone, you can say you had no credit and no money to buy some.
I cut off reguarly since park and loop and I don't even bother to tell my managers anymore, they should know, it's never wilfull delay if you work your full 8 hours. You are paid to work 8 hours, not paid to complete an unmanagle workload given to you. Each office is different but Royal Mail are piling us up with workloads we can;t handle then are surprised when we can't do it?
I'd take them to the cleaners if they tried sacking me for working my 8 hrs.
Good post,
but as I have said before here, you don't want to end up at an ET anytime soon, having to fight your case against RM.
-
the eagle is here
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 15 Dec 2011, 18:31
- Gender: Male
Re: Sacked for wilful delay. Tribunal next week - urgent adv
it certainly would appear that you have been well stitched up by incompetent management.at the tribunal i would ask the royal mail to supply the guidelines relating to wilful delay of mail and i think you will find that there is no case to answer.indeed i would be surprised if the royal mail even turn up .in these cases it is often worth contacting the local press as the royal mail dont like these bad practices to be exposed.good luck
-
fed_up_postie
- Posts: 154
- Joined: 05 Aug 2007, 12:37
- Gender: Male
- Location: lost in space
-
hantsman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 876
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 09:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Sacked for wilful delay. Tribunal next week - urgent adv
RM will turn up, no question of that!the eagle is here wrote:it certainly would appear that you have been well stitched up by incompetent management.at the tribunal i would ask the royal mail to supply the guidelines relating to wilful delay of mail and i think you will find that there is no case to answer.indeed i would be surprised if the royal mail even turn up .in these cases it is often worth contacting the local press as the royal mail dont like these bad practices to be exposed.good luck
-
Postman Plodd
- Posts: 596
- Joined: 30 Nov 2008, 15:53
- Gender: Male
-
beastman
- Posts: 36
- Joined: 24 Jan 2010, 16:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Sacked for wilful delay. Tribunal next week - urgent adv
Sorry for the no news/update. The final decision wont be until April unfortunately so I will be sure to update you all then.
thanks alot
thanks alot
-
Postman Plodd
- Posts: 596
- Joined: 30 Nov 2008, 15:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Sacked for wilful delay. Tribunal next week - urgent adv
Sorry to hear you've been left dangling, best of luck man.