However this is the one time of the year those in need can really rack up the cash. There's a guy in my office who is getting 3 hours xmas pressure for his own walk, 3 hours pressure for my cut offs (no more than 1 1/2 hours work usually) and 6 hours for doing excess packets every day. This is on top of his normal hours. So technically he is being paid up to well after midnight... the other day he asked me to help him out with a few of the oversized cos he needed to pick his kid up at 2pm and usually he makes it well within time but he was worried he may be a few minutes late!
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Anyone else finding Xmas pressure this year to easy?
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: Anyone else finding Xmas pressure this year to easy?
My sympathy does go out to those that have to work over due to financial necessity!
However this is the one time of the year those in need can really rack up the cash. There's a guy in my office who is getting 3 hours xmas pressure for his own walk, 3 hours pressure for my cut offs (no more than 1 1/2 hours work usually) and 6 hours for doing excess packets every day. This is on top of his normal hours. So technically he is being paid up to well after midnight... the other day he asked me to help him out with a few of the oversized cos he needed to pick his kid up at 2pm and usually he makes it well within time but he was worried he may be a few minutes late!
However this is the one time of the year those in need can really rack up the cash. There's a guy in my office who is getting 3 hours xmas pressure for his own walk, 3 hours pressure for my cut offs (no more than 1 1/2 hours work usually) and 6 hours for doing excess packets every day. This is on top of his normal hours. So technically he is being paid up to well after midnight... the other day he asked me to help him out with a few of the oversized cos he needed to pick his kid up at 2pm and usually he makes it well within time but he was worried he may be a few minutes late!
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
dohnut
- Posts: 658
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Anyone else finding Xmas pressure this year to easy?
Wait a second, are you saying this gut is claiming 12 hours overtime a day and still finishing around 2pm??, if this is the case the managers at your place need there heads examined.Judgee wrote:My sympathy does go out to those that have to work over due to financial necessity!![]()
However this is the one time of the year those in need can really rack up the cash. There's a guy in my office who is getting 3 hours xmas pressure for his own walk, 3 hours pressure for my cut offs (no more than 1 1/2 hours work usually) and 6 hours for doing excess packets every day. This is on top of his normal hours. So technically he is being paid up to well after midnight... the other day he asked me to help him out with a few of the oversized cos he needed to pick his kid up at 2pm and usually he makes it well within time but he was worried he may be a few minutes late!
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Anyone else finding Xmas pressure this year to easy?
Ghost docketing is plenty at my office for packet work. They are paying 4 hrs a york and we have a couple of guys doing 2 each so will be paid to around 11pm. I guess they will be dome by 6pm. I say BLOODY GOOD LUCK to them as this is the one time of year where you can earn a decent hourly rate 
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
Cut Off King
- Posts: 1078
- Joined: 23 Jun 2009, 21:18
- Gender: Female
Re: Anyone else finding Xmas pressure this year to easy?
Our Managers are moaning about claiming extended delivery at our office
-
Sliders
- Posts: 184
- Joined: 09 Nov 2011, 16:56
- Gender: Male
Re: Anyone else finding Xmas pressure this year to easy?
Up until today, I would say it has been normal, but today I got hammered, with packets, and the sheer volume of mail I was delivering, I have to say there was a load of flats in there also, so I am not sure about holding these back. Saying that I was put on one of the heaviest rounds in my DO, and add to that, I have never done it before. I reckon I could have taken at least 45 mins - 1 hour of my finishing time if I knew the duty. Waiting to see what the rest of the week brings, I doubt it could be heavier than today though. 
-
Postal1
- Posts: 183
- Joined: 07 Nov 2009, 18:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Anyone else finding Xmas pressure this year to easy?
totally chaotic. working till 4pm or later most days.
-
mandelsons_toenail
- Posts: 1294
- Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 18:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: Outer Hebrides
Re: Anyone else finding Xmas pressure this year to easy?
Day off today
Looking forward to tomorrows cut off

Looking forward to tomorrows cut off
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Anyone else finding Xmas pressure this year to easy?
It has seemed quiet. Here we are the week before christmas and today I had 280/490 SD/tracked come through the locker. I would say the SDs are down on a normal Friday and the tracked about double. We have usually had yorks full of specials just sealed with a blue tie but nothing like that yet.
Personally I think the big build up hasn't arrived yet because with christmas day being on a Sunday people think they have more time and with last years debacle people have tended to buy early and of course people aren't spending like they did (except the wife).
The most tracked on a single day last year was 848 and Specials 505 I think.
Personally I think the big build up hasn't arrived yet because with christmas day being on a Sunday people think they have more time and with last years debacle people have tended to buy early and of course people aren't spending like they did (except the wife).
The most tracked on a single day last year was 848 and Specials 505 I think.