ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Atos

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
phronsias
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 207
Joined: 28 Oct 2011, 17:59
Gender: Male

Re: Atos

Post by phronsias »

bogstandard wrote:did you give your line-manager or Dom permission to hand out your phone number ?
i have been referred to atos and the lino asked me for my number and said they needed a phone number to contact me.
i asked him how, before the wide spread ownership of telephones and now mobile phones, did people make contact. his response, a letter? hows about we give that a bash then i said.
2 months later and no letter :nana
Hi
Thanks for your advice,the bump happened just outside worktime on the RM carpark,I was on my way out of the RM carpark (going home) Ive just come back from the hospital and was told I wont be fit for a min of 3 week and Im not to drive,the s;;t vwill hit the fan went the DOM and his little helpers find out.
Regards
P
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72771
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Atos

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

AOD - probably not if he has signed out - however as the Accident itself was, by the sounds of it, on Royal Mail land, then an accident report MUST be filled out.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
gazzariah
Posts: 126
Joined: 22 Nov 2009, 13:20
Gender: Male

Re: Atos

Post by gazzariah »

mazza111 wrote:Probably not a lot at this early stage, although they will probably try and get u to go and do light duties. I would tell them what advice your doctor has given and stick to it. Management are probably only covering their own back, has the accident been recorded on ERICA and to the DWP?
no holiday allocation over xmas period.stat. :wave
phronsias
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 207
Joined: 28 Oct 2011, 17:59
Gender: Male

Re: Atos

Post by phronsias »

Hi
Received a letter from the dom this afternoon 12-12-2011,stating that I failed to keep an ATOS appointment on the 7th Dec - the day I went sick - and I cancelled a second appointment on the 8th Dec. Neither of these appointments was I informed of and I certainly didn't cancel any ATOS appointment. It also says in the letter that if ATOS fail to contact me again he will consider stopping my sick pay.

This is my 6th day off sick. I have kept RM management informed at every stage. I really don't need this amount of unwanted attention from management at this time and would like to know if it would be possible to lodge a grievance.

Thanks in advance for any help
P
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Atos

Post by TeeferTiger »

They were probably trying to phone you but don't have a phone number or something stupid.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Atos

Post by dvbuk55 »

TeeferTiger wrote:They were probably trying to phone you but don't have a phone number or something stupid.
But being aligned with RM they would prefer a non truth to the fact that they don't have a contact number.
dwmc
Posts: 50
Joined: 18 Aug 2010, 05:06
Gender: Male

Re: Atos

Post by dwmc »

RTA in works carpark on way home , regardless of where it was your now on sick , contact them through the number thats on the 1st letter which you have said you recieved and explain to them that you`ve heard nothing else after recieving the letter and take it from there .
as for it being an accident at work or on duty well fact is it wasn`t as you`ve finished your duty and this will be treat like any other RTA via insurance ect , also seen as the other car which you said reversed into you twice i think you should of reported this to the police there and then just to cover yourself for insurance purposes like you would of done if it happened on the main road .
check your policy to make sure you got commuting to and from work on it aswell .

what exactly did it say in the letter you 1st recieved ??? don`t they normally give details of an appointment or if failing that a phone number for you to contact inwhich you have to do asap ?
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Atos

Post by POSTMAN »

phronsias wrote:Hi
Received a letter from the dom this afternoon 12-12-2011,stating that I failed to keep an ATOS appointment on the 7th Dec - the day I went sick - and I cancelled a second appointment on the 8th Dec. Neither of these appointments was I informed of and I certainly didn't cancel any ATOS appointment. It also says in the letter that if ATOS fail to contact me again he will consider stopping my sick pay.

This is my 6th day off sick. I have kept RM management informed at every stage. I really don't need this amount of unwanted attention from management at this time and would like to know if it would be possible to lodge a grievance.

Thanks in advance for any help
P
Your DOM's a twat,get the area rep onto it.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
smelly_cat_lady
Posts: 341
Joined: 22 Nov 2009, 15:08
Gender: Female
Location: On the delivery office floor looking up shorts

Re: Atos

Post by smelly_cat_lady »

Did your doctor sign you off sick? If not then you should go get a sick note asap. ATOS cannot touch you all the time you are unfit for work. You might think you are ok now but make sure you do your best for yourself and your health. See other threads on how to deal with them. The best bit of advice I was given was that their reports are very much 'employee lead'. Your DOM is probably shitting himself because off the accident! Is that arse covering I can hear? BTW, ATOS often have an 0114 number when they ring you, my advice would be don't answer the phone until you've got some help from the union. Good luck!
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Re: Atos

Post by General Mannerheim »

POSTMAN wrote:
phronsias wrote:Hi
Received a letter from the dom this afternoon 12-12-2011,stating that I failed to keep an ATOS appointment on the 7th Dec - the day I went sick - and I cancelled a second appointment on the 8th Dec. Neither of these appointments was I informed of and I certainly didn't cancel any ATOS appointment. It also says in the letter that if ATOS fail to contact me again he will consider stopping my sick pay.

This is my 6th day off sick. I have kept RM management informed at every stage. I really don't need this amount of unwanted attention from management at this time and would like to know if it would be possible to lodge a grievance.

Thanks in advance for any help
P
Your DOM's a twat,get the area rep onto it.
Yeah get the rep in and whilst your on about this sort of shite why the feck are the top brass not jumping all over this,oh yes because RM are allowed to bully the feck out of people who are ill.,lots of posturing and speeches and going on conferences to talk about things but nothing ever gets done.
We have in our office currently 3 tribunal cases going on(probably more by now :silenced ),numerous grievances,people off sick with stress caused by management and all the fecking union does is sweet feck all ,we recently had the area manager in and all could do was praise the bullying bastard as he's made Park and loop work :silenced ....yeah by stopping overtime and fiddling the figures and sacking people we are at least 20 duties down so lots of savings on wages eh knobhead?
I could make our office figures work with s**t like that going down,and I am seriously fecked off with the lack of backing off the union.
The reps in our office are on cushy numbers,must not argue with the DOM as he might put you back onto your walk instead of reading the paper and drinking tea in the union room :speak to the hand and are about as much as a chocolate teapot,one of my mates recently went in with the area rep and the twat agreed with everything the DOM said....I f***ing despair. :roll: 15 years of paying his subs for s**t representation and about as much fight as a surrendering Italian in the desert. :roll: :roll:
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Atos

Post by POSTMAN »

Fair call General but tbf it's not like that everywhere.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Atos

Post by dvbuk55 »

POSTMAN wrote:Fair call General but tbf it's not like that everywhere.
No it isn't postman, but I think it is a fair assessment of a great number of offices across the country even with a good unit rep. The question is why?
phronsias
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 207
Joined: 28 Oct 2011, 17:59
Gender: Male

Re: Atos

Post by phronsias »

Hi
Thanks for all the sound advice!!!!!!! I rang my union rep this morning and he went to see the DOM,who said Atos will ring me today or tomorrow,I also saw my GP this afternoon and got a 2 week sicknote,she wants to see me again on the 27th Dec as my notes hadnt been sent to her by the Hospital she couldnt give me a date when I can return to work.
Thanks again
P
smelly_cat_lady
Posts: 341
Joined: 22 Nov 2009, 15:08
Gender: Female
Location: On the delivery office floor looking up shorts

Re: Atos

Post by smelly_cat_lady »

I'm sure someone will correct me on this one if I'm wrong but I think your DOM has to have your permission before ATOS can contact you. Fair play to you for standing up to them!
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Atos

Post by POSTMAN »

smelly_cat_lady wrote:I'm sure someone will correct me on this one if I'm wrong but I think your DOM has to have your permission before ATOS can contact you. Fair play to you for standing up to them!
Yes,they 'should' ask for permission.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.