I can't see the point of van sharing,
We remove all the tracked and leave everything else on the york.
Otherwise we'd never get the mail delivered and we still have to cut off. From the early starting (45min to 1hr) door stepping (and signing) runners (and lawn/wall shortcut) which make up 90% we are always the last out, last back and the only ones who cut off.
I can see what people said on here when I first started, most people are in it for themselves, no care for floats, part timers, or people who do the job properly on full time.
So of course when we cut off the manager asks the question, how come nobody else came back with mail, how come everyone was back here before 13:40 on a Wednesday.
Can't wait to leave this job, just counting the days until my contract runs out so I can show a clean break on my CV and I really hope find something else less corrupt.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Epic fail
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Epic fail
Not for everyone.RedBagMan wrote:I'm happy to go over ......................
............I guess it's a "choice thing" ...
Many members have commitments outside RM that mean "working over" or "docket grabbing" or "going the extra mile" as you like to call it is not an option or a choice.
If you' have no commitments or you're in the lucky but very unusual position that your other half doesn't have to work it's a "choice thing".
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
losharapidoras
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 04 Feb 2011, 16:51
- Gender: Male
Re: Epic fail
You don't have to wait for your contract to run out. If you're on a fixed-term contract, you just have to give an advanced notice, like 1 or 2 weeks depending how long you've been with Royal Mail, and then you can go.robg wrote:I can't see the point of van sharing,
We remove all the tracked and leave everything else on the york.
Otherwise we'd never get the mail delivered and we still have to cut off. From the early starting (45min to 1hr) door stepping (and signing) runners (and lawn/wall shortcut) which make up 90% we are always the last out, last back and the only ones who cut off.
I can see what people said on here when I first started, most people are in it for themselves, no care for floats, part timers, or people who do the job properly on full time.
So of course when we cut off the manager asks the question, how come nobody else came back with mail, how come everyone was back here before 13:40 on a Wednesday.
Can't wait to leave this job, just counting the days until my contract runs out so I can show a clean break on my CV and I really hope find something else less corrupt.
I used to think that you're tied to the contract until it expires, but you're not. Quit anytime you want, mate.
I've thought about it many times and my last day is VERY close...
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: Epic fail
We've been rolling mail over since wednesday. Our Xmas deal pressure starts next week so I think they are rolling it til then when people will have to do it if they want the xmas money!
Personally, I have told them where to stick thier xmas pressure money and I am soooo glad I did!

Personally, I have told them where to stick thier xmas pressure money and I am soooo glad I did!
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1540
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: Epic fail
Since when was the Xmas money paid or not dependant on whether you work OT?
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: Epic fail
Hitcher wrote:Since when was the Xmas money paid or not dependant on whether you work OT?
Not the Xmas bonus, the xmas pressure which is fixed O/T!
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
kawoxux
- Posts: 300
- Joined: 18 Aug 2011, 19:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Epic fail
Unbelieveable amount left in the office when I left this afternoon, rows deep full yorks and some duty yorks still full of packets 
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Epic fail
As if --------------- Although the General was not wearing his badge when he posted that.malcolm3011 wrote:General Mannerheim wrote:Our office is running perfectly and we are all happy to provide an excellent service with a smile and a cheery wave.
You lot just arn't trying enough.
Can't wait to get mu huge christmas bonus(pro rata of course!)and a free brekkie off the gaffer for a job well done!
LOL must be the managers blue eyed boy

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Paul Whitehead
- Posts: 32
- Joined: 19 Apr 2011, 00:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Epic fail
Well that is the problem with RM. They have so many students from Business studies, and the whole business depends on "Time and Motion". Walk sequencing has been prooved a failure as any postie will say, "the said they could walk sequence flats, and mags!!!!!!!! And door to doors in little envelopes!!!! w*****s!!!!Royal_Fail wrote:Our office has been failing badly on packets last couple of weeks despite extra duties,whenever anyone says they are cutting off management say leave the big packets and just do the loops which if fair enough but this has been happening last two weeks and the office is packed with yorks full of packets.
Today we were told to stop IPS and just get out as early as possible when there was atleast two yorks of letters to sort there was even 1st mail coming off machine and being put under frames for tomorrow![]()
I also heard on the grapevine than the hubs that were set up last month are failing and alot of it is heading to our MC