krussel wrote:Just seen the weather on Sky and Scotland is going to be hit with 90 mph winds (160mph on the mountains). They say it will run till the early morning with freezing temps.
krussel wrote:Just seen the weather on Sky and Scotland is going to be hit with 90 mph winds (160mph on the mountains). They say it will run till the early morning with freezing temps.
We getting 60 mph down south .
still be cycling to work tomorrow ;)
Me to. Be feet off the pedals if it behind
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
krussel wrote:Just seen the weather on Sky and Scotland is going to be hit with 90 mph winds (160mph on the mountains). They say it will run till the early morning with freezing temps.
We getting 60 mph down south .
still be cycling to work tomorrow ;)
Me to. Be feet off the pedals if it behind
had a wind behind me going home
unfortunately a freak gust caught me with a side wind and took me out
krussel wrote:Just seen the weather on Sky and Scotland is going to be hit with 90 mph winds (160mph on the mountains). They say it will run till the early morning with freezing temps.
We getting 60 mph down south .
still be cycling to work tomorrow ;)
Me to. Be feet off the pedals if it behind
had a wind behind me going home
unfortunately a freak gust caught me with a side wind and took me out
I don't think you're allowed to call them freaks anymore.... it's not very PC...
steven100 wrote:This is a ideal chance for our wonderful union to ask rm management why they allowed employees to go out delivering mail in unsafe working conditions.
Yep,As I was leaving I saw a driver asking a line manager "at what point do I cut off, if the weather is to bad?"Union rep was having a go at the LM,Telling him, people shouldn't have been making that choice individually in the first place.Most folk were just scrambling out the door, missing their breaks.Just to get finished before the really bad weather hit at 2.00pm/3.00pm...I'm a heavy guy and I was literally blowm a couple of inches into the air.I just hope, no one was seriously injured today.
cyrus wrote:I got no warning about the weather as I'm a part timer.Warning was given to the full timers when they started their shift.Be careful out there... blah blah.Nothing about bringing mail back, if it's to dangerous.Failed a bit of my duty and decided to extend the rest.Ended up nearly 2 hours over.I had few packets and letters blow out of my hand.
I'm in the west of Scotland.Schools,shops,factory's etc are closed or have shut early.But to RM it's just a bit of wind.On my route it looks like something out of 28 days later..Very quite and eerie with lots of destruction everywhere....I still can't believe I was sent out.
I was sent out as well, I struggled on way, way past my time obviously Health & Safety go out the window
Was out today in all that weather, past my time by 2 hours almost hit by a falling street lamp, wheelie bin and several slates. Dom gave the usual brief but said its my choice as we are now incharge of our own health & safety. I hope this means l can get to go on a nice training course and be put up in a fancy hotel with a mini bar.
After finishing my duty, I returned home to fin my garden fence in my neighbours garden 2 doors down. Its all gone every panel, and lve been told cant claim on my insurance.
Its ok having a laugh about it guys but it really is no joke at what piont do you say enough is enough, After phoning my dom and told him the situation only to hear him laugh down the phone i said thats it im on my way back took five bags back then I took him in the office and told him what i thought and after getting it off my chest he knew where i was coming from, I also told him to get the dsm in in the morning or i will. What we have to remember guys is our safety comes BEFORE the mail.
The Severe Weather Excel Spreadsheet can be used for wind. The tool is available and all DOMs should have had training on it and passed that training on to their Line Managers. They should complete the questions along side the H&S Rep and a decision of whether the risk is Tolerable will result. If the Manager does not minimise the risk adequately and their DSM sees that they've sent everyone out in the usual manner for a level above tolerable then they're in for the high jump.
Your H&S and/or IR Rep should ensure that the tool is run first thing in the morning and even repeated shortly before the duties are normally due to go out. If the DSM or regional safety team find out that this tool has not been run after seeing the forecasts for the area, once again it's the Managers high jump.
i was driving down a country road today and there was a car in front of me slowed down then done a big swerve -half on the road and half in the hedge was a 10ft trampoline - the nearest house was a quarter of a mile away
thechemisyshop wrote:i was driving down a country road today and there was a car in front of me slowed down then done a big swerve -half on the road and half in the hedge was a 10ft trampoline - the nearest house was a quarter of a mile away
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x090E3R391I" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This is what is was like.......I just had to put up with heavy rain and hail stones as well .