ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Severve Weather and Royal Mail
-
mazza111
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 877
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 16:30
- Gender: Female
Re: Severve Weather and Royal Mail
seen on an x colleagues facebook that he had a lucky escape with corrugated roofing, a chimney stack and lots of other flying debris. As usual management don't care. Glad I'm out lol
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Severve Weather and Royal Mail
You feel sorry for our managersDGP1 wrote:I'm a big strong man and I can struggle to hold onto a door when it's caught by the wind so I feel sorry for others who don't have the strength.TeeferTiger wrote:One guy at our DO got a warning for damaging a van door when the wind took it out of his hand as he was out on delivery (up the side of a mountain). I pulled a muscle in my shoulder trying to stop the van door blowing open and it actually pulled me out of the van seatDGP1 wrote:It was bad here this morning, at some stages I found it difficult to stand up but at least we have RM to help us out................we got told to hold on to the doors when opening them so that they didn't get damaged![]()
![]()
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Severve Weather and Royal Mail
You really are going to get me a bad nameTrueBlueTerrier wrote:You feel sorry for our managersDGP1 wrote:I'm a big strong man and I can struggle to hold onto a door when it's caught by the wind so I feel sorry for others who don't have the strength.TeeferTiger wrote:One guy at our DO got a warning for damaging a van door when the wind took it out of his hand as he was out on delivery (up the side of a mountain). I pulled a muscle in my shoulder trying to stop the van door blowing open and it actually pulled me out of the van seatDGP1 wrote:It was bad here this morning, at some stages I found it difficult to stand up but at least we have RM to help us out................we got told to hold on to the doors when opening them so that they didn't get damaged![]()
![]()
, nearly every day I hear them say "Give me strength....."
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: Severve Weather and Royal Mail
Where the hell was he?! Oz?! lolmazza111 wrote:seen on an x colleagues facebook that he had a lucky escape with corrugated roofing, a chimney stack and lots of other flying debris. As usual management don't care. Glad I'm out lol
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
cyrus
- Posts: 215
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Severve Weather and Royal Mail
I got no warning about the weather as I'm a part timer.Warning was given to the full timers when they started their shift.Be careful out there... blah blah.Nothing about bringing mail back, if it's to dangerous.Failed a bit of my duty and decided to extend the rest.Ended up nearly 2 hours over.I had few packets and letters blow out of my hand.
I'm in the west of Scotland.Schools,shops,factory's etc are closed or have shut early.But to RM it's just a bit of wind.On my route it looks like something out of 28 days later..Very quite and eerie with lots of destruction everywhere....I still can't believe I was sent out.
I'm in the west of Scotland.Schools,shops,factory's etc are closed or have shut early.But to RM it's just a bit of wind.On my route it looks like something out of 28 days later..Very quite and eerie with lots of destruction everywhere....I still can't believe I was sent out.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Severve Weather and Royal Mail
cyrus wrote:I got no warning about the weather as I'm a part timer.Warning was given to the full timers when they started their shift.Be careful out there... blah blah.Nothing about bringing mail back, if it's to dangerous.Failed a bit of my duty and decided to extend the rest.Ended up nearly 2 hours over.I had few packets and letters blow out of my hand.
I'm in the west of Scotland.Schools,shops,factory's etc are closed or have shut early.But to RM it's just a bit of wind.On my route it looks like something out of 28 days later..Very quite and eerie with lots of destruction everywhere....I still can't believe I was sent out.
Jesus sounds terrible
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Severve Weather and Royal Mail
Is the final decision to go out not made by the employee?
-
steven100
- Posts: 1391
- Joined: 09 Aug 2009, 12:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Severve Weather and Royal Mail
This is a ideal chance for our wonderful union to ask rm management why they allowed employees to go out delivering mail in unsafe working conditions.
-
bunkerland
- Posts: 546
- Joined: 11 Oct 2009, 21:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Severve Weather and Royal Mail
Was he not the one who went completely mad after watching a best of 35 frame snooker match between Cliff Thorburn and Eddie Charlton?DGP1 wrote: David Icke is my hero![]()
![]()
![]()
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: Severve Weather and Royal Mail
Yes... but then you've got peer pressure etc to deal with. Easy decision to make on paper, not so easy to make when one person has the macho man attitude and others feel they have to follow suitLincox wrote:Is the final decision to go out not made by the employee?
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Severve Weather and Royal Mail
I'm sure brothermagrew will be along to confirm this but there should have been a severe weather risk assessment done today for the areas affected by the wind (done by both the DOM and the local H&S rep) which would determine whether it was safe to deliver today. knowing RM as I do there probably wasn't as it is too much hassle for the DOM to explain it upwards.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: Severve Weather and Royal Mail
When we had the snow a few years back, I explained to the DOM (who was working from home because he couldn't get into work) that we still had several inches of snow, impacted ice etc, we decided between us that it was to dangerous for the staff to go out and made the decision to suspend deliveries that day. The staff had other ideas and went out anyway, so you can't win.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Severve Weather and Royal Mail
Just seen the weather on Sky and Scotland is going to be hit with 90 mph winds (160mph on the mountains). They say it will run till the early morning with freezing temps.
We getting 60 mph down south
.
We getting 60 mph down south
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: Severve Weather and Royal Mail
And you're still moaning about it, ya blooming soft suvverners!krussel wrote:Just seen the weather on Sky and Scotland is going to be hit with 90 mph winds (160mph on the mountains). They say it will run till the early morning with freezing temps.![]()
We getting 60 mph down south.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Severve Weather and Royal Mail
To right i might need some extra gel in case it might mess up my hairTeeferTiger wrote:And you're still moaning about it, ya blooming soft suvverners!krussel wrote:Just seen the weather on Sky and Scotland is going to be hit with 90 mph winds (160mph on the mountains). They say it will run till the early morning with freezing temps.![]()
We getting 60 mph down south.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........