ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Pet Hates Of Being A Part Timer....

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
halfull
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 858
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: Pet Hates Of Being A Part Timer....

Post by halfull »

ElvisGaddafi wrote:Royal Mail management reading this must love the 'us and them' attitude being displayed. As long as we're at each other's throats they don't need to worry too much about the workforce uniting against them. Personally, I was part-time for over 3 years before I got a full-time contract but now I'm able to come in, spend 2-3 hours sorting the I.P.S and prepping a part-timer's duty. Then I get to wave good bye to the part-timer as he leaves the office while I'm still throwing off my letters. Sometimes, if I'm lucky, I'm on my flats.
so he should be waving you goodbye! hes partime! you are paid to work longer so why would that concern you??
bunkerland
Posts: 546
Joined: 11 Oct 2009, 21:40
Gender: Male

Re: Pet Hates Of Being A Part Timer....

Post by bunkerland »

halfull wrote:
bunkerland wrote:
halfull wrote:
bunkerland wrote:
halfull wrote:
bunkerland wrote:i think we can all agree that part-timers are all desperately hard done to,salt of the earth types,who are worked like slaves and rewarded with a pittance! I hope we can also agree that all full-timers are the most selfish lazy scum of the earth work shirkers that ever wasted the planets supply of oxegen,especially the >20 year boys who should be stripped,shackled,and lashed with a whip in front of the whole office!

There,i think that about summarizes this thread! :sad:
90% of fulltimers dont give a s**t about nobody except themselves.
90% seems quite high! Might i ask how you arrived at such a figure? Is there some sort of mathematical formula for working it out,or is it the result of some sort of painstaking research you've conducted? I'm guessing your figure for part-timers is somewhat lower,pro rata perhaps? Does that mean if a part-timer goes full time they"ve got a 90% chance of turning into a s**t then,or do you have another formula for that? :wink:
believe it or not i came to that figure by working with fulltimers! crazy isnt it :confused .
Crazy indeed,in fact,dare i say it,almost..............unbelievable!
well heres another one,id bet 90% of partimers would agree with me! go figure! :shhhhh
I'm not for one moment disputing your point that many part-timers have the tougher side of things and feel hard done to,especially the one's looking for full-time. It's pretty clear the easier part of the job is standing in a warm office doing ips or prepping,which is what in the main they don't do,if i were part-time now,doubtless i would feel the same. But unfortunately in recent years the indoor element of the job has been decimated and the part-time job is what it is!
Why that should make 90% of part-time staff see full-timers as tossers,is a mystery to me!

Don't hate the players,hate the game! :shhhhh
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Pet Hates Of Being A Part Timer....

Post by fishtank »

There is a danger that some come on here and try to apply what they perceive in their corner of Royal Mail to the whole business.
In my office part-timers and full-timers work together in pairs.
The full-timer isn't going anywhere without the part-timer and vice versa.
The only difference in the job is the indoor element.
If doing indoor work makes you a tosser halfull then that means everybody in mailcentres,rdc's,customer services,cleaners,MDEC and various other places are also tossers.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Pet Hates Of Being A Part Timer....

Post by clashcityrocker »

fishtank wrote: If doing indoor work makes you a tosser halfull then that means everybody in mailcentres,rdc's,customer services,cleaners,MDEC and various other places are also tossers.
:hmmmm
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Pet Hates Of Being A Part Timer....

Post by fishtank »

clashcityrocker wrote: :hmmmm
Don't wind them up.
The PT/FT thing is bad enough. :so there
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
ElvisGaddafi
Posts: 249
Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:17
Gender: Male
Location: Scotland

Re: Pet Hates Of Being A Part Timer....

Post by ElvisGaddafi »

halfull wrote:
ElvisGaddafi wrote:Royal Mail management reading this must love the 'us and them' attitude being displayed. As long as we're at each other's throats they don't need to worry too much about the workforce uniting against them. Personally, I was part-time for over 3 years before I got a full-time contract but now I'm able to come in, spend 2-3 hours sorting the I.P.S and prepping a part-timer's duty. Then I get to wave good bye to the part-timer as he leaves the office while I'm still throwing off my letters. Sometimes, if I'm lucky, I'm on my flats.
so he should be waving you goodbye! hes partime! you are paid to work longer so why would that concern you??
Because we've got the same finishing time.
The sky is white as clay, with no sun.
Work has to be done.
Postmen like doctors go from house to house.
halfull
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 858
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: Pet Hates Of Being A Part Timer....

Post by halfull »

ElvisGaddafi wrote:
halfull wrote:
ElvisGaddafi wrote:Royal Mail management reading this must love the 'us and them' attitude being displayed. As long as we're at each other's throats they don't need to worry too much about the workforce uniting against them. Personally, I was part-time for over 3 years before I got a full-time contract but now I'm able to come in, spend 2-3 hours sorting the I.P.S and prepping a part-timer's duty. Then I get to wave good bye to the part-timer as he leaves the office while I'm still throwing off my letters. Sometimes, if I'm lucky, I'm on my flats.
so he should be waving you goodbye! hes partime! you are paid to work longer so why would that concern you??
Because we've got the same finishing time halfwit.
well prep faster then! :nana
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72771
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Pet Hates Of Being A Part Timer....

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Leadership Skills Check List DO.

Use of Divide and Conquer.Image
Incorrect Extrapolation of experience.Image
Building BarriersImage
Lack of empathyImage
Application of Bullying tacticsImage
Use of imaginary statistical dataImage
Using incorrect languageImage
Poor grammar Image

This thread has it all and yet it started so well
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
halfull
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 858
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: Pet Hates Of Being A Part Timer....

Post by halfull »

ElvisGaddafi wrote:
halfull wrote:
ElvisGaddafi wrote:Royal Mail management reading this must love the 'us and them' attitude being displayed. As long as we're at each other's throats they don't need to worry too much about the workforce uniting against them. Personally, I was part-time for over 3 years before I got a full-time contract but now I'm able to come in, spend 2-3 hours sorting the I.P.S and prepping a part-timer's duty. Then I get to wave good bye to the part-timer as he leaves the office while I'm still throwing off my letters. Sometimes, if I'm lucky, I'm on my flats.
so he should be waving you goodbye! hes partime! you are paid to work longer so why would that concern you??
Because we've got the same finishing time halfwit.
if you dont like the way you have got it to the partimer's who get out earlier than you why dont you swap contracts with them & then you will be happy eh?? until then enjoy your fulltime wage & stop moaning :cuppa
RedBagMan
Posts: 1010
Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male
Location: Behind the lens

Re: Pet Hates Of Being A Part Timer....

Post by RedBagMan »

In which world are the part-timers getting out "earlier" ?? Not in my world ...
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72771
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Pet Hates Of Being A Part Timer....

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

As this thread has descended into name calling as do all of these divide and conquer ones I am locking it.

Yes you are entitled to Free Speech, but the right of free speech does not allow you to use abusive terms that could in other circumstances be called defamation of character or slander, and if they were used in the street with Police around could get you a Breach of the Peace.

Debate is welcome, name calling is not.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.