ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

When a 16 kg pouch isn't a 16 kg pouch.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72771
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: When a 16 kg pouch isn't a 16 kg pouch.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Sherpas Rule wrote:I thought the limit for flats was 5kg? Not 8 as some here are suggesting?

Cheetas link says
Ergonomic studies have provided guidance of 8 kg for greater than 1:12 slopes and 5 kg for greater than 1:8 slopes or predominantly going up stairs
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
estelle
Posts: 194
Joined: 16 Jun 2009, 10:31
Gender: Male

Re: When a 16 kg pouch isn't a 16 kg pouch.

Post by estelle »

guess it depends on the number/density of flats you deliver to.

Incidentally, my boss doesn't seem to think there are lower limits.

To ensure I can carry out my work comfortably, I will spilt my route down into as many bags as I need - and if the one box on my duty can't hold the six bags I need to send out, my DOM has to deal with it.

There is no way I carry 16kg - it slows me down.
bandit650
Posts: 880
Joined: 14 Aug 2007, 15:42
Gender: Female

Re: When a 16 kg pouch isn't a 16 kg pouch.

Post by bandit650 »

Ask him/her for the standard operating procedures (SOP) or ask for the WTLL on lifting and handling or maybe you should ask for the bag weight matrix,it should be displayed within your DO.