You'll probably be paired up with someone who'll show you what you're meant to be doing and where you're going.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Induction Day & First Week
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: Induction Day & First Week
Chaos...
You'll probably be paired up with someone who'll show you what you're meant to be doing and where you're going.
You'll probably be paired up with someone who'll show you what you're meant to be doing and where you're going.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
muzzy
- Posts: 220
- Joined: 04 Sep 2011, 21:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Induction Day & First Week
What's all this chat about part timers getting their mail prepped up by the full timers?!
Doesn't happen in our DO.
All the part timers start at 8 well are supposed to, in reality it's anywhere between 7.30 and 8.
We have to collect and prep the whole walk, do kill offs and redirections, bundle up and bag up then prep the next days D2D's then I'll have a quick fag and cycle/walk off to our rounds.
Some days I'm finished a bit early, some days on time and other days, often a Wednesday I'll be back 20 minutes late.
How is it every DO seems to operate differently?
Doesn't happen in our DO.
All the part timers start at 8 well are supposed to, in reality it's anywhere between 7.30 and 8.
We have to collect and prep the whole walk, do kill offs and redirections, bundle up and bag up then prep the next days D2D's then I'll have a quick fag and cycle/walk off to our rounds.
Some days I'm finished a bit early, some days on time and other days, often a Wednesday I'll be back 20 minutes late.
How is it every DO seems to operate differently?
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Induction Day & First Week
Ever DO operates differently because we have different delivery spans and different f/t p/t ratios.muzzy wrote:
How is it every DO seems to operate differently?
We have p/t staff on 30 hr contracts who prep their own walks and staff on 25 hr contracts who don't.
In some offices there are p/t staff who do full days but shorter working weeks.
Variety is the spice of life.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Induction Day & First Week
some partimers in non P&L are waysiders - in essence they only do last prep and the delivery - in my office they are 25 hours contracts.muzzy wrote:What's all this chat about part timers getting their mail prepped up by the full timers?!
Doesn't happen in our DO.
All the part timers start at 8 well are supposed to, in reality it's anywhere between 7.30 and 8.
We have to collect and prep the whole walk, do kill offs and redirections, bundle up and bag up then prep the next days D2D's then I'll have a quick fag and cycle/walk off to our rounds.
Some days I'm finished a bit early, some days on time and other days, often a Wednesday I'll be back 20 minutes late.
How is it every DO seems to operate differently?
In P&L offices sometimes the 30 hour are teamed up with a 39/40hr postie who does a double prep of the 2 combined walks.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.