ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Rough Estates
-
zola4ever
- Posts: 74
- Joined: 08 Aug 2007, 14:58
- Gender: Male
- Location: NORTH OF PENZANCE
Re: Rough Estates
I delivered to a so called rough estate for just over six years. Yeah one or two dossers ,but most of the estate where very nice . Apart from one "woman" who was a postie in a office about six miles away. She tried to grass me up saying I was always late with her post. I heard a few years later she got the sack for harassment. Really made my week hearing that !
-
RedBagMan
- Posts: 1010
- Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Behind the lens
Re: Rough Estates
Agree - giros weigh much less than cruise brochures ...Sliders wrote:Don't get me wrong, I know for a fact that the majority of people on these estates are nice, decent hard working people. The good thing about estates like this is that the mail is usually low, and the packets is virtually non existant, so I actually love doing them, very easy day, much better than walking up long drive ways of these posh estates with a ton load of magazines and packets !!!
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
-
travisbickle
- Posts: 66
- Joined: 09 Feb 2010, 15:21
- Gender: Male
Re: Rough Estates
RedBagMan wrote:Agree - giros weigh much less than cruise brochures ...Sliders wrote:Don't get me wrong, I know for a fact that the majority of people on these estates are nice, decent hard working people. The good thing about estates like this is that the mail is usually low, and the packets is virtually non existant, so I actually love doing them, very easy day, much better than walking up long drive ways of these posh estates with a ton load of magazines and packets !!!
true!!!!!!!!!!!! A postie at out DO on the roughest estate went out yesterday with 3 bags whereas i had 7!
-
steven100
- Posts: 1391
- Joined: 09 Aug 2009, 12:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Rough Estates
My best experience when delivering to rough estate, delievering in stairs is the pleasant smell of urine and the best bit is the big black bottle flies when getting to the top landing
.
Generally speaking the people seem ok.
Generally speaking the people seem ok.