ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

will you or wont you ?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72771
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: will you or wont you ?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

scoobydo79 wrote:Didnt think we were meant to be out AFTER dark due to H&S reasons / insurance etc ?
Nope - another Urban legend - just like the single occupancy in a building one, as long as it has been risk assessed and there is a paper trail its fine.

In fact Royal Mail are making a big thing about evening deliveries for Christmas, and we may be doing it at my office if traffic levels are high enough.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: will you or wont you ?

Post by krussel »

scoobydo79 wrote:Didnt think we were meant to be out AFTER dark due to H&S reasons / insurance etc ?
Your quite right.

Anyone who's been in the job for a few years will rem going out before 7am with a crappy RM (1970's style) torch trying to read letters and not fall over. If i had a quid for the amount of times i used to kick milk botttles over. It was not good really.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
wiganpostie
Posts: 670
Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:16
Gender: Male

Re: will you or wont you ?

Post by wiganpostie »

I would exploit their desperation to maximum effect with respect to overtime this Christmas if I thought I could trust them to pay it, but I don't, so I won't.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: will you or wont you ?

Post by DGP1 »

wiganpostie wrote:I would exploit their desperation to maximum effect with respect to overtime this Christmas if I thought I could trust them to pay it, but I don't, so I won't.
:chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
scoobydo79
Posts: 2060
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Re: will you or wont you ?

Post by scoobydo79 »

Strange isnt it? I remember a manager trying to sell later starts to us by pointing out that it was dangerous being out before it got light in the mornings .Now that we have late starts and park and loop and what has to be the biggest F--- up I have ever seen in this job its suddenly become ok to deliver AFTER dark!!!!
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: will you or wont you ?

Post by krussel »

scoobydo79 wrote:Strange isnt it? I remember a manager trying to sell later starts to us by pointing out that it was dangerous being out before it got light in the mornings .Now that we have late starts and park and loop and what has to be the biggest F--- up I have ever seen in this job its suddenly become ok to deliver AFTER dark!!!!

So true, because they hated us finishing the job 100% and going home early :so there
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: will you or wont you ?

Post by clashcityrocker »

krussel wrote: So true, because they hated us finishing the job 100%
And now they just hate us.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.