ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

How many miles do you walk each day?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: How many miles do you walk each day?

Post by DGP1 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
DGP1 wrote:Well, I would walk 500 miles but Royal Mail want 500 more :hmmmm
:d'oh! :d'oh!
I think it's probably best I didn't mention the metric system :whistle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
kawoxux
Posts: 300
Joined: 18 Aug 2011, 19:36
Gender: Male

Re: How many miles do you walk each day?

Post by kawoxux »

Well, I would walk 804.6 kilometres, but Royal Mail want 804.6 more..
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: How many miles do you walk each day?

Post by TeeferTiger »

DGP1 wrote:Well, I would walk 500 miles but Royal Mail want 500 more :hmmmm
:roll:

That made me chuckle
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: How many miles do you walk each day?

Post by krussel »

gazza82 wrote:
krussel wrote:My pedometer has recorded 28500 steps on my walk which iis about 14 km.
Im British i use miles.

Yep i prefer miles but my ped meter only does Km :sad: . My stride is 49cm (metric) so i just divide the steps by half to give me an idea :Very Happy
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: How many miles do you walk each day?

Post by POSTMAN »

I use Centimeters instead of Inches,makes me feel better. :nervous
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
jessicarabbit
Posts: 619
Joined: 05 Nov 2009, 19:57
Gender: Female

Re: How many miles do you walk each day?

Post by jessicarabbit »

I've got 12 inches but I dont use it as a rule

The old ones are the best.

Some of our monster HCT rounds came out at 14 miles.
goldy
Posts: 220
Joined: 24 Mar 2009, 13:58
Gender: Male

Re: How many miles do you walk each day?

Post by goldy »

krussel wrote:My pedometer has recorded 28500 steps on my walk which iis about 14 km.
i dont know what pedometer you are using but usually 1000 steps equates to half a mile so 2000 would be a mile 28500 would therefore be 14 1/4 miles(not 14 k) this would be an incredible amount to walk slightly better if it was on the flat obviously and was it without a break and what time did you take to walk it our furthest rounds tend to be 11 miles on a bad day best 6 on a light day the longer walks take you into excess and you have to book o/t so the distance is over about 5 hours we still have to walk about 4 miles an hour betwwen doors and gates to keep up its very hard going at the moment ialso dont think we have been given correct footwear for these distances.
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: How many miles do you walk each day?

Post by TeeferTiger »

goldy wrote:
krussel wrote:My pedometer has recorded 28500 steps on my walk which iis about 14 km.
i dont know what pedometer you are using but usually 1000 steps equates to half a mile so 2000 would be a mile 28500 would therefore be 14 1/4 miles(not 14 k) this would be an incredible amount to walk slightly better if it was on the flat obviously and was it without a break and what time did you take to walk it our furthest rounds tend to be 11 miles on a bad day best 6 on a light day the longer walks take you into excess and you have to book o/t so the distance is over about 5 hours we still have to walk about 4 miles an hour betwwen doors and gates to keep up its very hard going at the moment ialso dont think we have been given correct footwear for these distances.
Blimey man, take a breath! lol

TBF, you're right about the steps in a mile bit. He might have reeeeally little legs though? :chuckle I know I could calibrate mine so it would know how many steps I would walk in a certain distance, so perhaps his is the same?

Besides, not all steps are born equal (in distance) :wink:
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
Cheetah
Posts: 428
Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 13:17
Gender: Male

Re: How many miles do you walk each day?

Post by Cheetah »

Stormproof wrote:I use Endomondo app (GPS) on my phone. Its normally between 7 & 9 miles depending on how heavy it is that day.
http://www.endomondo.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
What a cracking app :Very Happy ...... I cycle,play golf and walk so this i forsee of being very interesting for me, however I had it on for 3 hrs this morning, wanting to see how far I walked even before delivering for 4 hrs and it had flatened my battery :sad: . It was fully charged this morning, is there a mode which uses less battery power? I can't find anything in the settings. Probably to do with the GPS but does make its uses limited for me......

So I still don't know how far I walk yet :confused :confused
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72771
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: How many miles do you walk each day?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

"My Tracks" is another one I use (I have used both) and its less battery wearing. You can also download it to google maps if you have a Google account. Also it has more information readily available on the phone.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: How many miles do you walk each day?

Post by DGP1 »

Would those apps work on my ancient Nokia............I still have the wind up handle for it :Very Happy
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: How many miles do you walk each day?

Post by Stormproof »

Cheetah wrote:
Stormproof wrote:I use Endomondo app (GPS) on my phone. Its normally between 7 & 9 miles depending on how heavy it is that day.
http://www.endomondo.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
What a cracking app :Very Happy ...... I cycle,play golf and walk so this i forsee of being very interesting for me, however I had it on for 3 hrs this morning, wanting to see how far I walked even before delivering for 4 hrs and it had flatened my battery :sad: . It was fully charged this morning, is there a mode which uses less battery power? I can't find anything in the settings. Probably to do with the GPS but does make its uses limited for me......

So I still don't know how far I walk yet :confused :confused
Apparently the pro version which is'nt free has a battery saving mode on it. I don''t use it when i'm at the office only when I'm out delivering and it lasts just fine for me
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
Cheetah
Posts: 428
Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 13:17
Gender: Male

Re: How many miles do you walk each day?

Post by Cheetah »

Thanks Stormproof, I must have a tired battery lol..... I'll give that "my tracks" TBT sugests see if my old 3gs likes that better :Very Happy :Very Happy
NWpostie
Posts: 3622
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Re: How many miles do you walk each day?

Post by NWpostie »

6 miles for me mind I had a few flats to go up so that probably didn't record too well, it probably could be more like 7 miles.

All in Imperial and no abuse given :Very Happy
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
feelikeadogsbody
Posts: 66
Joined: 02 Mar 2011, 09:07
Gender: Male
Location: down south

Re: How many miles do you walk each day?

Post by feelikeadogsbody »

9.6 miles recorded by my garmin watch
when i am king you will be first against the wall
with your opinions which are of no consequence at all
anyway im cutting off