drivers open docket
walking staff in the pub by noon
no xmas pressure due to no one left in london who celebrates xmas.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
christmas arrangements
-
north london driver
- Posts: 560
- Joined: 18 Aug 2010, 21:51
- Gender: Male
-
dagger
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 11:41
Re: christmas arrangements
north london driver wrote:drivers open docket
walking staff in the pub by noon
no xmas pressure due to no one left in london who celebrates xmas.
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: christmas arrangements
What I can't understand is why the processing staff at our place get Xmas pressure money a week before the delivery staff? If they need extra money to sort it, who the hell do they think delivers the extra for that week??? 
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
Stella102
- Posts: 597
- Joined: 06 Aug 2011, 19:32
- Gender: Male
Re: christmas arrangements
Can someone answer me this question.
My contracted hours are 07:00 - 13:30, however in December I've been told I will be doing packets ( 10:00 - 16:30)
Can I:
a) refuse this due to my contracted hours?
b) agree to doing packets but negotiate on the hours - i.e. 08:00 - 14:30, instead of 10:00 - 16:30
My contracted hours are 07:00 - 13:30, however in December I've been told I will be doing packets ( 10:00 - 16:30)
Can I:
a) refuse this due to my contracted hours?
b) agree to doing packets but negotiate on the hours - i.e. 08:00 - 14:30, instead of 10:00 - 16:30
-
spoodoo
- Posts: 829
- Joined: 06 Sep 2009, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: christmas arrangements
if you tick the box you will not complete youre delivery you still get harrased wtf!? erm why
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Re: christmas arrangements
your contracted hours are 6.5 hrs. they dont have to give you a 7.am start. as long as they give you your contracted 6.5hrs, they could tell you to work 12 noon till 18.30 if they wanted to, you would still be getting your contracted 6.5 hrs. best to negotiate times. dont refuse,,,,you,ll be out the door before you know it.jamiethompson wrote:Can someone answer me this question.
My contracted hours are 07:00 - 13:30, however in December I've been told I will be doing packets ( 10:00 - 16:30)
Can I:
a) refuse this due to my contracted hours?
b) agree to doing packets but negotiate on the hours - i.e. 08:00 - 14:30, instead of 10:00 - 16:30
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: christmas arrangements
Packet duties are usually different from the norm during xmas,this would of been agreed in your xmas arrangements by your rep.jamiethompson wrote:Can someone answer me this question.
My contracted hours are 07:00 - 13:30, however in December I've been told I will be doing packets ( 10:00 - 16:30)
Can I:
a) refuse this due to my contracted hours?
b) agree to doing packets but negotiate on the hours - i.e. 08:00 - 14:30, instead of 10:00 - 16:30
Usually it's volunteers/or reserves 1st or should be.The can give you 28 days notice that your times will change.
If you are not happy or can't do the new times see your rep,and yes perhaps try to negotiate.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.