ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Grassing on colleague dilemna

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
feduppostie
Posts: 947
Joined: 24 Jun 2007, 19:46

Re: Grassing on colleague dilemna

Post by feduppostie »

secluder wrote:I see some of you assume all runners make mistakes when this isn't the case. Always find it amusing when people put the boot into others who try to complete a poorly paid job in the shortest time possible. Shame on them...

Funnily enough it's mostly the overweight/slow long timers who seem to complain. Another thing to note is that said complainers couldn't 'run' if they wanted to and seem to take exception towards anyone who doesn't conform to their imagined standards. For every runner there are at least 3 others who like to do as little work as possible for as much overtime as possible, yet it's a severe injustice to get home a little early? This job has been desirable for years due to the job and knock element. It's only now that a day’s work is a lot harder they tend to pick out the people doing what they themselves did for years on end and simply because they can no longer do it themselves!

It's the people who use cars, reap overtime like no tomorrow, work their rest days etc...These are the people killing the job and making the phrase 'new entry' a thing of the past. Before you start on the 'fast man' it might be worth taking a look at the real issues within an office, namely me me me me me.

Back on topic i think you should mention to your workmate and not management.
what I find amusing is when the runners get another 45 mins added to their walk as they are seen going home early while the peeps doing the job properly and working all their hours don't

and it's not overweight/slow long timers that complain that is a problem - long timers and decent hardworking sensible posties that realise that by doing the job properly and working all their hours they protect jobs and don't make management feel there are hours to be saved just because some little wally is running round and finishing early

the same people that after running round like a loony for a couple of years find their body is absolutely shagged and then blame the company - that's the problem
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72771
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Grassing on colleague dilemma

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

I always wonder whats so important about finishing work early.

Is the effort of doing it more quickly than required wasted by the extra recovery time.

Or is it a self imposed target to try and beat a record you have set. ( :nervous I was that wally when I started but we had job and knock and I was naive)

What do people actually do with the time they have saved themselves, or is that imatterial, and its actually the act of finishing early thats enough reward in its self.

Questions, questions always questions.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
hampshireman
Posts: 792
Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
Gender: Male

Re: Grassing on colleague dilemna

Post by hampshireman »

L8Hatter wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:To be fair L8 everybody won't be happy if the problem just gets shifted around or ignored.
Managers should do their job properly just like the postie,deaf or not.
Completely agree Postman. Everyone will be happy, except the customers, until this postie learns how to do his job properly. The managers here are fairly decent, but are treat the deaf workers with kid gloves. More or less unsackable. Am sure if it was hearing-abled person doing the job this badly, they'd have been out on their ear ages ago.Our deaf colleagues are all really nice lads, and I understand the job could be bit a more difficult for them in some respects, but a couple of them really take the mick.

Complaint levels are being cracked down on at our place, so maybe another official one is the best way to go for the management to actually do something?
Am assuming that was a joke
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Grassing on colleague dilemna

Post by krussel »

L8Hatter wrote:treat the deaf workers with kid gloves. More or less unsackable

You sound a great person to work with, i am so glad you dont work at my office. :no no
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
L8Hatter
Posts: 191
Joined: 24 Mar 2010, 13:26
Gender: Male

Re: Grassing on colleague dilemna

Post by L8Hatter »

krussel wrote:
L8Hatter wrote:treat the deaf workers with kid gloves. More or less unsackable

You sound a great person to work with, i am so glad you dont work at my office. :no no
Why's that then?
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Grassing on colleague dilemna

Post by fishtank »

secluder wrote:Before you start on the 'fast man' it might be worth taking a look at the real issues within an office, namely me me me me me.
I think you're being a bit harsh on yourself secluder...it's not all your fault. :chuckle


See teebs,i can be a Smart-Arse sometimes. :chuckle :angel
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Grassing on colleague dilemna

Post by krussel »

L8Hatter wrote:
krussel wrote:
L8Hatter wrote:treat the deaf workers with kid gloves. More or less unsackable

You sound a great person to work with, i am so glad you dont work at my office. :no no
Why's that then?
Because I find people who have no compassion for others with a disability quite disturbing.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
L8Hatter
Posts: 191
Joined: 24 Mar 2010, 13:26
Gender: Male

Re: Grassing on colleague dilemna

Post by L8Hatter »

krussel wrote:
L8Hatter wrote:
krussel wrote:
L8Hatter wrote:treat the deaf workers with kid gloves. More or less unsackable

You sound a great person to work with, i am so glad you dont work at my office. :no no
Why's that then?
Because I find people who have no compassion for others with a disability quite disturbing.
My following sentence in the paragraph was:

"Our deaf colleagues are all really nice lads, and I understand the job could be bit a more difficult for them in some respects, but a couple of them really take the mick."

Too tired to go into the details, but will stand by that last statement. Could we just put this down to an internet misunderstanding? I won't accuse you of snap judgements, if you agree I'm not a sociopath?
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Grassing on colleague dilemna

Post by krussel »

L8Hatter wrote:Too tired to go into the details, but will stand by that last statement. Could we just put this down to an internet misunderstanding? I won't accuse you of snap judgements, if you agree I'm not a sociopath?
Sounds fair enough to me :wink:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
L8Hatter
Posts: 191
Joined: 24 Mar 2010, 13:26
Gender: Male

Re: Grassing on colleague dilemna

Post by L8Hatter »

krussel wrote:
L8Hatter wrote:Too tired to go into the details, but will stand by that last statement. Could we just put this down to an internet misunderstanding? I won't accuse you of snap judgements, if you agree I'm not a sociopath?
Sounds fair enough to me :wink:
Cheers Krussel :Very Happy

As an indication of how tired I am (second day of our revision), must admit I had to look up the word 'sociopath' :oops:
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Grassing on colleague dilemna

Post by Lounge Lizard »

andy prentice wrote:Fecking runners arghhhh... the way i see it is these arsholes are out for themselves and don't give a feck whos' duty they are one.Other words i'll skip the redeliverys to get away quicker,skip the households on the day,can't be arsed running up the top stair so i'll dump there mail on the stair,skipping a stair or ten to save more time etc'.......
Get these clowns too feck...if i had it my way,i would line them all up against the wall ,and proceed with a hard swift kick too there swingers,so they never run again.....hope that has got the message across :angel
I think no better of runners than you, andy me old pal, but wouldn't go as far as you in punishing them. :shock: