I doubt that the keys were copied, I was not pick pocketed by a gang of criminals, I dropped them, someone passed them, seen them, and picked them up, and was going to hand them in the next day. If they wanted they could have ran away when I approached them to get the keys, but instead they came to me and gave them to me, that does not sound like a criminal.feduppostie wrote:maybe i'm seeing it from a different angle
many years ago we had a spate of bag boxes broken into and mail stolen
turns out bag box keys had been going missing and had not been reported by the postie or posties concerned as they found them soon after
they were all interviewed by IB to explain why they had not reported it
anyone wanna guess the rest?
so that's my angle
The way I see it I can,
1. Tell RM and then hope that they don't take action against me, By the way I am only on a three month contract, so very easy to sack or not renew the contract.
2. Tell no one, then I have a good chance that no one will phone the DO and continue in the job without a problem. If someone tells the DO then I just tell them the truth which is the keys fell out of my pocket, someone picked them up and I got them back 5 minutes later, and I did not report it because nothing was taken and it was only 5 minutes before I got them back, so I did not think it was important. In which case the same outcome as 1.
So keep mum is the best option in opinion.