ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What type of customers annoy you most

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
glenner10
Posts: 7
Joined: 12 Nov 2010, 13:25
Gender: Male

Re: What type of customers annoy you most

Post by glenner10 »

I must have at least 5 customers on my delivery who don't work but still manage to find the money to order about 5 parcels a day. How the hell do they manage this? These same customers always seem to have the money to have a fag on the go at all times too! Think i'm doing something wrong somewhere :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
Astrapuss
Posts: 7
Joined: 30 Apr 2010, 17:47
Gender: Female

Re: What type of customers annoy you most

Post by Astrapuss »

I always remember this bloke saying to me 'Oh hooray the post is here at last!' This was at about 10.30 which is quite early right? Guess what time he got his mail every day after that for the year I was on that walk!
postwoman1
Posts: 18
Joined: 13 Oct 2012, 17:08
Gender: Female

Re: What type of customers annoy you most

Post by postwoman1 »

People that whistle at me to get my attention. One person whistled and whistled one day to me, when I did not reply to him, he came over to my side of the street and said he was trying to get my attention. I told him outright I am not a dog so please do no whistle at me again, you can call me postie if you like but do not whistle. People that talk to you with no respect. A person that was not one of my customers was having a go about us delivering samples of tights. I asked him if he would speak to his postMAN, Iam a postwoman, in this manner,was he speaking to me because I am a postwoman in uniform and did not think I would aswere back. This guy sent an apoligy with his postman a few days later. On the other hand I have made some wonderful friends doing this job for the last 22 years
jw1234
Posts: 76
Joined: 08 Dec 2011, 20:07
Gender: Male

Re: What type of customers annoy you most

Post by jw1234 »

The person who puts a fekkin great rock behind their gate :mad Just fix it!!!
cyberheater
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 274
Joined: 14 Jan 2010, 18:36
Gender: Male

Re: What type of customers annoy you most

Post by cyberheater »

Those that repeatedly order a plethora of crap and are never in to receive it. Selfish inconsiderate bastards. I actually hate them. They rely on their neighbours to collect their stuff for them and after a while, they get really hacked off.

I've basically got to the point where I return as much as I can to the delivery office.
mailmonkey
Posts: 431
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 22:12
Gender: Male

Re: What type of customers annoy you most

Post by mailmonkey »

people with those "quaint" victorian letterboxes which won't even take a cd, who are invariably Lovefilm members and order regularly from Play and Amazon.
Postman Pâté
Posts: 4
Joined: 15 Dec 2012, 17:11
Gender: Male

Re: What type of customers annoy you most

Post by Postman Pâté »

So many! Hand parcel over to be asked "what's this then"!!!
The 'I'm gonna talk bullshit to you for as long as possible because your the only person I see all day' type of people. I don't care about your aunties, kids, dogs, sandwich hospital appointment!
But lastly it's the ones that order shite everyday without fail and are at home on benefits and miserable and ugly!
chooch
Posts: 323
Joined: 21 Jul 2010, 13:14
Gender: Male

Re: What type of customers annoy you most

Post by chooch »

cyberheater wrote:
I've basically got to the point where I return as much as I can to the delivery office.
I return as much as I can back to the delivery office anyways 'cos it's my perogative; I never, ever, doorstep anything ..and I, I don't care.. .

I used to care, really :whistle
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: What type of customers annoy you most

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Although they bring us business these are the customers that annoy me the most as they seem to be attacking us at every opportunity but couldn't survive without us - at least in letters.
ImageImageImageImage

Though I am worried that so many people see those that are out when we deliver packets as annoying is worrying, although if you extended this annoyance one stage you can see why some Posties card without an attempt.

One thing for sure is if we didn't deliver so many packets then we would be in serious trouble as a company. If they are out when we deliver then thats more work for us, why do we want to turn it away. :confused :confused
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: What type of customers annoy you most

Post by eastie »

People who have a parcel and are out when I try to deliver the item , they ring up and ask for a redelivery on a specific day and are out again.
People who have a go when they get a customs charge
Pat Ostman
Posts: 2797
Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
Gender: Male
Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.

Re: What type of customers annoy you most

Post by Pat Ostman »

I must be bad, I thought about quoting one of you guys saying I agree, then I had to quote the next post (it was good), then the next. then the n.....

Put simply, I agree with just about everyone above me. :nana

The best one I had though was when an old hag shouted abuse at me because the day before (when she was not it) she had a parcel which I duly returned back to the office and noticed left her. She didn't think it was acceptable that she had to go back to the sorting office and I should have left it in her bin. She had no disclaimer in place and even then I would never leave a parcel in a bin!

And if she did not find the parcel had I done that, who do you think would be on the phone saying I should not have left it in the bin?

A renewal subscription to Greggs for Billy Hayes if you get that one right!
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: What type of customers annoy you most

Post by fishtank »

Judging by the lack of tips this year i think i managed to annoy almost all of mine.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Viewfindergeneral
Posts: 267
Joined: 15 Dec 2008, 12:05
Gender: Male

Re: What type of customers annoy you most

Post by Viewfindergeneral »

I have a customer who always insists, if I happen to meet him at his door, that he checks that I have given him the correct mail and not mail for a similar address nearby. The fact is I have been doing this delivery for 5 years and have made sure that I NEVER give him the wrong mail. Just because the previous postie was in the habit of getting it wrong he can't grasp the fact that I don't!! :evil/mad
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: What type of customers annoy you most

Post by krussel »

Mostly posh ones who complain a lot. :roll:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
JiminyBillyBob
Posts: 177
Joined: 26 Jun 2012, 21:06
Gender: Male

Re: What type of customers annoy you most

Post by JiminyBillyBob »

People who act as if its the end of the world because they got next doors mail, i mean come on, there are people dying in this world because they haven't enough food!and i got this old guy drive round the streets where i deliver to tell me he got next doors mail? So I guess people with too much time on there hands such as old people and dole scum.
And yeah why is it like the bigger the door the small the letter box? And why is it the people who are never in are always the ones ordering bloody parcels?!