ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Christmas Tips
-
jaylime
- Posts: 331
- Joined: 09 Jan 2009, 10:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas Tips
I do a rural in The Peak District and I get well looked after,mind you I have been on the duty for 9 years.Prob get about £300,choccys,crates of ale,bottles of sprits and numerous bottles of wine,I also get prezzies fo the kids of some folk,oh and tins of biscuits.To be fair though I know each one of my customers and look after them all through the year. 
-
slave
- Posts: 433
- Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 21:39
- Location: North West
Re: Christmas Tips
Indeed it is, noticed the same myself on a few different rounds.krussel wrote:Aint that the truthElvisGaddafi wrote:the customers who are really friendly during the year, and you go out of your way to help when necessary, will mysteriously disappear over the Christmas period.
Not a great deal in tips, but then I can't be arsed building a rapport with them, they wouldn't want to know me or speak to me if I wasn't a postie so I'd rather not waste my time on excessive idle chit-chat. I am very pleasant and well mannered, I just don't stand around wasting my time entertaining them.
-
Indy
- Posts: 977
- Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas Tips
Reminds me, theres a guy on my walk who regular as clockwork each year come the first week of December asks me "whats your favourite (alcoholic) tipple?... Tell you what son I'll get you a bottle" repeats it pretty much every day till the week before Christmas at which point he disappears i.e. just doesn't come out till a few days after New Year. Then says nothing about the bottle of tipple! Complete b'stard!!!
Been happening for what 5 or 6 years?
Been happening for what 5 or 6 years?
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas Tips
Best to tell him - "Why don't you get me the same bottle you didn't get me last year, that way neither of us will be disappointed".Indy wrote:Reminds me, theres a guy on my walk who regular as clockwork each year come the first week of December asks me "whats your favourite (alcoholic) tipple?... Tell you what son I'll get you a bottle" repeats it pretty much every day till the week before Christmas at which point he disappears i.e. just doesn't come out till a few days after New Year. Then says nothing about the bottle of tipple! Complete b'stard!!!
Been happening for what 5 or 6 years?
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Christmas Tips
just say ok mate ignore itIndy wrote:Reminds me, theres a guy on my walk who regular as clockwork each year come the first week of December asks me "whats your favourite (alcoholic) tipple?... Tell you what son I'll get you a bottle" repeats it pretty much every day till the week before Christmas at which point he disappears i.e. just doesn't come out till a few days after New Year. Then says nothing about the bottle of tipple! Complete b'stard!!!
Been happening for what 5 or 6 years?
-
DaveF14
- Posts: 184
- Joined: 18 Sep 2009, 17:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas Tips
Ive been on the same duty for 3 years. First xmas was £90, second was £170 and last xmas was my best at just under £400 with countless chocolates and tins of beer every year. With a progression of tips its a nice feeling knowing you are doing a good job and the customers get to know me more.
-
mudmonster
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 107
- Joined: 28 Apr 2010, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas Tips
I had a bag of stock feed swedes one year off a farmer

-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Christmas Tips
A box of sweets with a Best before date of 2008 - I wouldn't have minded but its was in 2009.

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
mudmonster
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 107
- Joined: 28 Apr 2010, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas Tips
box of chocolate brazils opened of course

-
Royal_Fail
- Posts: 398
- Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 19:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas Tips
I got about £300 last year had been on the round for nearly 5 year i'm gonna miss it this year now i'm a reserve
it always made me feel better when people gave me money and booze but it wasn't so much about the money was just nice to be appreciated 
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Christmas Tips
I got £290 last year from my old customers which was a record and my rest day cover took £45 so we did very well.
I ve lost heart this year and i really dont care to much about xmas at RM
The rounds too long as it is and when iam on a rest day they cover it on OT or casauls so i get loads of complaints and miss deliveries.
Just going to work my time this year and look forward to going home about 2pm not totally knacked.
I ve lost heart this year and i really dont care to much about xmas at RM
The rounds too long as it is and when iam on a rest day they cover it on OT or casauls so i get loads of complaints and miss deliveries.
Just going to work my time this year and look forward to going home about 2pm not totally knacked.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
twobags
- Posts: 299
- Joined: 09 Dec 2009, 18:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas Tips
got my 1st christmas tip today for 2011, thanking me for the good cheerful freindly service,but also added just incase , incase of what ?
to
in 10 secs
-
muzzy
- Posts: 220
- Joined: 04 Sep 2011, 21:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas Tips
In case they die?
In case you lose your job?
In case you lose your job?
-
jonsboys
- Posts: 64
- Joined: 22 May 2011, 16:23
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas Tips
There are boys in our office who would get £1000+ on their own run, ive seem me getting £600 plus other things doing a floater duty! Certain members of the comunity are more generous than others!
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: Christmas Tips
is there any secret to getting tips as I don't get that much as reserve cover. 