ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Re-proofing jacket

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: Re-proofing jacket

Post by DB1100 »

NewPostieUK wrote:I sweat a lot when out on delivery. If I didn't wash it, it would stink.

It's not far off being pink! My previous one went purple straight away, its almost lilac in colour now.

I wear shirts and trousers once, then they go in the wash.
I wear shirts once,shorts all week,fleece gets washed every couple of months because I hardly wear it,and storm coat I leave that hanging up at one of my safe drops its not too bad because I have ditched the lining so I just turn it inside out to freshen up,you wash your stuff far too much IMHO.
For we were soldiers once,and young
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Re-proofing jacket

Post by TeeferTiger »

DGP1 wrote:
NewPostieUK wrote:I sweat a lot when out on delivery. If I didn't wash it, it would stink.

It's not far off being pink! My previous one went purple straight away, its almost lilac in colour now.

I wear shirts and trousers once, then they go in the wash.
If you're sweating that much then you need to slow down :whistle
If I ever started to sweat, I stopped until it went away :cuppa
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
taurus88
Posts: 1259
Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male

Re: Re-proofing jacket

Post by taurus88 »

DGP1 wrote:
NewPostieUK wrote:I sweat a lot when out on delivery. If I didn't wash it, it would stink.

It's not far off being pink! My previous one went purple straight away, its almost lilac in colour now.

I wear shirts and trousers once, then they go in the wash.
If you're sweating that much then you need to slow down :whistle
Or tone up.

Now, I know I'm a lazy-arse stinking bastard, but I barely wash any of my uniform. Once a week maximum. If it smells a bit I apply a lather of febreze followed by deodorant and forget about it. The logical ending on delivery is that you're going to stink anyway, so I just apply temporary measures and don't care about it.