ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Got any ID?
-
RedBagMan
- Posts: 1010
- Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Behind the lens
Re: Got any ID?
A lot of social housing/flats up our end have these thin "ID Slots" in the front doors so post/gas/elec etc can pop their ID card through it before doors are opened - my ID card is still "a virgin" tho' 
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
-
ElvisGaddafi
- Posts: 249
- Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Scotland
Re: Got any ID?
Mine went missing months ago and all requests for a new one have been ignored. In the meantime I'm using my old Man From Uncle badge. It's triangular and I'm 7 years old in the photo but it seems to be accepted ok.
The sky is white as clay, with no sun.
Work has to be done.
Postmen like doctors go from house to house.
Work has to be done.
Postmen like doctors go from house to house.
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: Got any ID?
Despite me always having my full uniform on, baseball cap, hi viz etc etc whilst on delivery, I used to get asked a lot if I was delivering the local paper... perhaps it was my youthful teenage looks?!pinstripe wrote:"‘Even on the street delivering mail, you must be able to show it. More and more customers are asking for ID and we need to be able to prove who we are"
This has always confused me. A big red bag full of letters and packets, with Royal Mail printed on the side of it. A red jacket with Royal Mail printed on it, an orange hi-vis vest also with Royal Mail printed on it and a baseball cap with Royal Mail printed on it.
Staff on collections, yes, wearing ID in the office, yes, but delivery posties on the street, why?
Ding Dong.
"Hello, who is it?"
"Postman, I've got a parcel for you"
"I can't let you in unless you show me your ID"
"I don't want to come in, I want to give you your mail"
"Have you got any ID?"
"Yes"
"OK, I'll open the door"
Opens door
"Here's your mail" turns to leave
"I can't take this, you haven't shown me your ID"
And I had a parcel for a little old dear who wouldn't open her door to me (in the middle of the afternoon) because she wasn't expecting a parcel so I told her I'd just leave it on her doorstep for her. I mean, if she'd just looked out of her window she'd have seen me standing there in full uniform with the fully liveried van outside, but hey ho. So, I didn't even get chance to show her any ID because she wouldn't open the door. Luckily it didn't require a signature or I'd have just P739d it...
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
wandle
- Posts: 944
- Joined: 25 Feb 2011, 17:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Got any ID?
'Tis better your badge expired, rather than ....tigercat wrote:My ID badge expired in September!
-
bedfordrl
- Posts: 386
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 22:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: North East Hampshire
Re: Got any ID?
Mines in my bag somewhere, in the three or so years I have had it I have never once been asked to show it.
I was at a meeting in Aldershot and IB was there in force and not one had any form of ID on them .
I was at a meeting in Aldershot and IB was there in force and not one had any form of ID on them .
-
andy2007
- Posts: 3971
- Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: Earth
Re: Got any ID?
You should have challenged them. We do, when they do their periodeic security checks at the RDC. So far, they've always had their ID on them. But if they don't, they'll be asked to leave the premises. They aren't above the security policy.
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
it's just another outlook on Reality!
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: Got any ID?
i still wear the old gold small jiml fix it badge no the one with ur name and post code on it mmmmmm memorys 
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3622
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
-
timemax
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 12 Jun 2009, 19:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Got any ID?
My ID badge won't expire as I've never had one ! ( I was away on leave when the 'photos were done 3 years ago ) I have been " badgering " our Dom for 18 months to get one, primarily so I can use it to get myself and others into Heritage sites for free. 2 weeks ago on returning to the office, I was unable to produce it for inspection by IB ? so I explained all of the above ! Surprise,surprise, next day myself and 10 others told we must have one A.S.A.P. Strange that !
-
andy2007
- Posts: 3971
- Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: Earth
Re: Got any ID?
It's all very well saying you've got to get one ASAP, but are IB going to ensure that you recieve one?
If not. Who gets into trouble. You, or your Manager?
If not. Who gets into trouble. You, or your Manager?
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
it's just another outlook on Reality!
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Got any ID?
Your manager.andy2007 wrote:It's all very well saying you've got to get one ASAP, but are IB going to ensure that you recieve one?![]()
If not. Who gets into trouble. You, or your Manager?
Been there and done that.
Line management on one of their tidying fixations decided to tidy away my stormproof that was hanging over the back of my frame.
I never saw it again.
It had my ID badge in the pocket.
I reported it to management,waited a month reported it again and got pulled by IB.
Told them the story and they went straight back to the office and chewed up the lino and the DOM.
How i laughed.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
andy2007
- Posts: 3971
- Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: Earth
Re: Got any ID?
That makes a nice change. Normally, we get the blame for everything, even if it's Management's fault. It's good to know that IB know who to pull up for these things.

Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
it's just another outlook on Reality!
-
fmrPOSTIE
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 674
- Joined: 29 Oct 2008, 20:52
- Gender: Male
Re: Got any ID?
shame they'ved phased out the gold badges though. Something nostalgic about them..........