ElvisGaddafi wrote:Rip the f****r, deliver it and move on.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Ripping letters purposefully
-
fng
- Posts: 462
- Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 16:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Ripping letters purposefully
Tripitaka: "You should live without fear. There's as much chance of good things as bad things."
Sandy: "It's a cheerful philosophy and I've heard it from people before. They're all dead now."
Monkey "Excuse me when I say, that you really are extraordinarily dim!"
Sandy: "It's a cheerful philosophy and I've heard it from people before. They're all dead now."
Monkey "Excuse me when I say, that you really are extraordinarily dim!"
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72774
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Ripping letters purposefully
With window envelopes that I think may obscure the address on delivery all I do is write just the house number near the address - takes more time in but makes it easier on delivery .ElvisGaddafi wrote:There speaks someone with little delivery experience. Often the letters are fine when you box them in but once they're bundled up and a little bent at the edges it can be hard to get the house number into the window when you're actually stood on the doorstep. Is it this one or next door? Rip the f****r, deliver it and move on.barbario wrote:Under NO circumstances do you tear or open letters ,as the I.B. will be breathing down your neck.Put them in the blind box and let somebody else with the authority sort it out.Indy wrote:Today I had loads and I mean loads* or letters where the address had disappeared from the window, even tapping them didn't get the address into view. Anyone know what RM's position on this is? Can/should you rip an envelope enough to see the address? I've seen this done to the point where the contents or at least part of it can be seen which can sometimes be an issue if its 'private & confidential' etc. Also theres the time it takes to do issue!
* Yes my/our good friends at Virgin... bless 'em
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Ripping letters purposefully
But he does know (as I do) of people being sacked for opening letters, not for dishonest reasons, but simply because they are not allowed to tamper with posted items. MC staff used to sometimes rip the address windows a bit to read the address, but would not do that now.ElvisGaddafi wrote:barbario wrote:There speaks someone with little delivery experience.Indy wrote: Under NO circumstances do you tear or open letters ,as the I.B. will be breathing down your neck.Put them in the blind box and let somebody else with the authority sort it out.
-
ElvisGaddafi
- Posts: 249
- Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Scotland
Re: Ripping letters purposefully
As I said - no delivery experience. And to be honest, I'm surprised MC staff read any addresses going by some of the stuff that turns up at our office.baldrick wrote:But he does know (as I do) of people being sacked for opening letters, not for dishonest reasons, but simply because they are not allowed to tamper with posted items. MC staff used to sometimes rip the address windows a bit to read the address, but would not do that now.ElvisGaddafi wrote:barbario wrote:There speaks someone with little delivery experience.Indy wrote: Under NO circumstances do you tear or open letters ,as the I.B. will be breathing down your neck.Put them in the blind box and let somebody else with the authority sort it out.
The sky is white as clay, with no sun.
Work has to be done.
Postmen like doctors go from house to house.
Work has to be done.
Postmen like doctors go from house to house.