ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Delivering on their breaks
-
Eric Cantona
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 15 Jul 2010, 19:21
- Gender: Male
Re: Delivering on their breaks
Nobody has actually answered the question?
-
Bazman
- Posts: 60
- Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 21:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Delivering on their breaks
The answer is the guy is a bit of a tool
-
flaminmoses
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 819
- Joined: 05 Jul 2009, 14:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Delivering on their breaks
Noctua wrote:Why are so many posties against delivering later?Cliff Clavin wrote:Starting delivery about 7.30-8.30am would suit me, hate these later delivery times.
especially Sats, hence why I'm looking for new job.
Stop swimming against the tied and go with the flow. The public now except we start and finish later.
your right
if they dont like it they could go to the shos and buy that item there.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72771
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Delivering on their breaks
I take it you have only empirical evidence for your assertions. The reason I assume that is if you check our News items, and also visit the links on most of the articles, the most common complaint is that we are delivering later than we did. Hardly seems to be the universal acceptance (as opposed to exceptance) of later deliveries as you state in your reply.Noctua wrote:. The public now except we start and finish later.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Noctua
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 05 Oct 2011, 15:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Delivering on their breaks
Yes its just my observation TrueBlueTerrier. And thanks for pointing out my poor spelling, note taken.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:I take it you have only empirical evidence for your assertions. The reason I assume that is if you check our News items, and also visit the links on most of the articles, the most common complaint is that we are delivering later than we did. Hardly seems to be the universal acceptance (as opposed to exceptance) of later deliveries as you state in your reply.Noctua wrote:. The public now except we start and finish later.
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Delivering on their breaks
That's because EVERY thread contains the same stuff. Coming in early, working breaks, ruining the job, all their fault, if they didn't do it we'd still be doing 2hr walks and going home at 10am.Eric Cantona wrote:Nobody has actually answered the question?
People go home early now, and i'll bet my colleague shares money
Adam Crozier famously said he 'just wants us to work all the hours we are paid' - but any manager with half a brain (a rare breed within RM admittedly) knows staff are more willing to work if they get something out of it.
And before anyone bothers - I personally do have a break and don't make much time anymore. Would I work through break and finish early if I could? hell yes.
If anyone is working through breaks and NOT making any time, well just laugh at them because they're stupid.
Last edited by OnAFlyer on 15 Oct 2011, 16:59, edited 2 times in total.
-
kawoxux
- Posts: 300
- Joined: 18 Aug 2011, 19:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Delivering on their breaks
I have people every day tutting and moaning when I walk up thier drive at 2.30pm, even when it comes at that time every day and has done for months.Noctua wrote:How many of your customers on your walk have actually rang your office or have come down to complain that you have delivered too late? probably none. Our postal service is still one of the best in the world. This is the way it is now, stop living in the past.DirtyHarry wrote:That is the sort of absolute rot, that makes the postal service so poor today.Noctua wrote:I agree delivering to that time on a saturday is rough and would understand if we still worked a 6 day week but we do have a day off during the week to compensate.
But for wanting to start early just so customers can have 6 lots of d2d's and junk mail delivered early is just madness. If they are that desperate for mail early they can collect or pay to have delivered before a certain time. 99% of customers would not pay for that service, so there for they get it when they get it.
-
Cheetah
- Posts: 428
- Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 13:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Delivering on their breaks
I don't know what planet you're on but every day i get complaints about the later times. Customers constantly complain to me and I rarely finish any later than 30 minutes over my time that later times are unaceptable to them.......Noctua wrote:I agree delivering to that time on a saturday is rough and would understand if we still worked a 6 day week but we do have a day off during the week to compensate.
But for wanting to start early just so customers can have 6 lots of d2d's and junk mail delivered early is just madness. If they are that desperate for mail early they can collect or pay to have delivered before a certain time. 99% of customers would not pay for that service, so there for they get it when they get it.
There are buisness customers in our area who have their daily collection before they receive that days mail
Regards people working their breaks and generally killing rounds, it is my constant experience these people do the job to a very poor standard in their effort to finish early.... REPORT THEM when you catch them out making mistakes!!!!! Might not be palatable but they are constantly putting you in the spot light and making people who do the job properly look slow and in efficient and a target for unfair management pressure.....
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Delivering on their breaks
if he has simply worked through his break got out early why would there be anyneed for him to go back to streets he has already delivered to?Eric Cantona wrote:Hi Everyone, just thought I would let you know about this. I Have been off since Monday a few days I’m owed so Monday to Thursday was suitable for me, I went back today to be greeted by a customer and she said “how come you cant get the post here around 8 45 am like the other fella the last few days” I thought “she is off her trolley” till I bumped into another customer who said the same.
I went back to the office and asked about and apparently our break time is 8 20 to 9 am and I found out the tosser that was on mine worked through his break and went out delivering mail during his break, what can you do with idiots like that who are killing the job then came back early.
My question is when he has mail for the streets he has already delivered to does he go back ? Or what does he do with it? Its mind boggling…
Management should stop people delivering at this time…
-
Paul Whitehead
- Posts: 32
- Joined: 19 Apr 2011, 00:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Delivering on their breaks
The public dont exept the later delivery times, they put up with them. Royal mail is still for sale, and people with small businesses will go to the company that delivers their items the quickest/earliest. Is it better to deliver either side of the 8-9 rush hour, or late morning when you have the pre-school mums run, elderly shoppers, and the lunch hour traffic? And it isnt much fun in an un-aircon van at mid-day in mid-summer! The only people that later start times suit are the accountants who dont want to pay early morning shift allowance and some of the people in processing who want to get into work later.Noctua wrote:Why are so many posties against delivering later?Cliff Clavin wrote:Starting delivery about 7.30-8.30am would suit me, hate these later delivery times.
especially Sats, hence why I'm looking for new job.
Stop swimming against the tied and go with the flow. The public now except we start and finish later.
One day we may find, that our working practices will go back to square one. Because it was, and still is, the best way of working. Centrallisation works for alot of companies, but it will never work for Royal Mail.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Delivering on their breaks
Sound like,looking at the times he's nipping out and doing a bit then coming back for say the missorts/the last bits then going back out again.zx135 wrote:if he has simply worked through his break got out early why would there be anyneed for him to go back to streets he has already delivered to?Eric Cantona wrote:Hi Everyone, just thought I would let you know about this. I Have been off since Monday a few days I’m owed so Monday to Thursday was suitable for me, I went back today to be greeted by a customer and she said “how come you cant get the post here around 8 45 am like the other fella the last few days” I thought “she is off her trolley” till I bumped into another customer who said the same.
I went back to the office and asked about and apparently our break time is 8 20 to 9 am and I found out the tosser that was on mine worked through his break and went out delivering mail during his break, what can you do with idiots like that who are killing the job then came back early.
My question is when he has mail for the streets he has already delivered to does he go back ? Or what does he do with it? Its mind boggling…
Management should stop people delivering at this time…
Used to happen at my place till management stopped it.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16730
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Delivering on their breaks
Sounds like when we used to do once over the ground at xmas. Are they bringing that back?POSTMAN wrote:
Sound like,looking at the times he's nipping out and doing a bit then coming back for say the missorts/the last bits then going back out again.
Used to happen at my place till management stopped it.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
DirtyHarry
- Posts: 5051
- Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
Re: Delivering on their breaks
No.Noctua wrote:How many of your customers on your walk have actually rang your office or have come down to complain that you have delivered too late? probably none. Our postal service is still one of the best in the world. This is the way it is now, stop living in the past.DirtyHarry wrote:That is the sort of absolute rot, that makes the postal service so poor today.Noctua wrote:I agree delivering to that time on a saturday is rough and would understand if we still worked a 6 day week but we do have a day off during the week to compensate.
But for wanting to start early just so customers can have 6 lots of d2d's and junk mail delivered early is just madness. If they are that desperate for mail early they can collect or pay to have delivered before a certain time. 99% of customers would not pay for that service, so there for they get it when they get it.
I like the past, it was so much better than the present, in every sense.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Delivering on their breaks
he probably flams it.,,,,,,,,in his pocket, then back in the box, then you,ll do it next dayEric Cantona wrote:Hi Everyone, just thought I would let you know about this. I Have been off since Monday a few days I’m owed so Monday to Thursday was suitable for me, I went back today to be greeted by a customer and she said “how come you cant get the post here around 8 45 am like the other fella the last few days” I thought “she is off her trolley” till I bumped into another customer who said the same.
I went back to the office and asked about and apparently our break time is 8 20 to 9 am and I found out the tosser that was on mine worked through his break and went out delivering mail during his break, what can you do with idiots like that who are killing the job then came back early.
My question is when he has mail for the streets he has already delivered to does he go back ? Or what does he do with it? Its mind boggling…
Management should stop people delivering at this time…
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Delivering on their breaks
a lot of d.o. staff, in fact ''MOST'' became posties specifically because of the early start times and subsequently early finish times. thus giving them plenty of scope to do whatever their life styles suited. ie picking kids up and looking after them whilst the missus went out to her job. looking after sick parents ,or maybe to go to a second job. or even just because the idea of finishing early and having the rest of the day to yourself to do whatever you wanted, had a lot of appeal. thats why we are against it. this is supposed to be 'modernisation' for christsakes. we are supposed to be MORE efficient. someone getting their mail at 3.15/4.00pm in the afternoon instead of 7.15 in the morning, is NOT more efficient. get a look at the picture.Noctua wrote:Why are so many posties against delivering later?Cliff Clavin wrote:Starting delivery about 7.30-8.30am would suit me, hate these later delivery times.
especially Sats, hence why I'm looking for new job.
Stop swimming against the tied and go with the flow. The public now except we start and finish later.