ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Temp Contract - fighting for pay

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Blue29
Posts: 223
Joined: 22 Jun 2011, 10:24
Gender: Male

Re: Temp Contract - fighting for pay

Post by Blue29 »

Ok, the boring tedium continues. Not getting paid for Overtime.

In the past week I have worked 10+ hours over time or if you prefer gone over my time by 37% odd percent. And is this reflected in on my pay slip? No.
All hours were forecast and put as actual on the green sheet before Tuesday morning. Actually done by the book and put as actual the next day. Managers have made possible snidey comments to me since the union rep had a word with them. Even the manager who insisted I would be paid for overtime has made comments. Bit sick of the job to be honest. Still no uniform, yes I've chased both in the DO and the RM and then the company who actually deal with the uniforms.

Is there any good reason why the hours would be missed from my pay?
Cheetah
Posts: 428
Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 13:17
Gender: Male

Re: Temp Contract - fighting for pay

Post by Cheetah »

Goes against the grain for me but as you are on a temporary contract you have to be carefull in this respect.....

If you are happy in the job and need the job, as you are on a temp. contract you have to bite your tongue a bit and put up with this dreadfull infringement of your basic rights. Until you get a Permenant contract :Very Happy :Very Happy Then both barells blaizing !!!!!......
However if like you say you are fed up with the job, then in my opinion the Lino who is responsible for the short coming in your hours worked is comitting fraud and I would let him know. You obviously have a record of the hours you booked v the hours you have been paid. Get the union involved and get every penny they owe you as all overtime sheets you sign i'm sure have to be kept for a period of time and these will have either been doctored or not tally with your payslip (what a dreadfull practise). If you can proove what he's been doing take out a grievance against him also, but get ready for the consequences as I have said many times on the forum these are not fair and reasonable people you are dealing with on the whole :mad :mad.....

Before people jump down my throat, there is no one any more for standing up for yourself than me. But we have permenant contracts and a hell of a lot more rights than people on here who are on temp. contracts, so I feel it's fair to paint the full picture before getting people to jump in and end up out of work.....
Blue29
Posts: 223
Joined: 22 Jun 2011, 10:24
Gender: Male

Re: Temp Contract - fighting for pay

Post by Blue29 »

Thanks Cheetah that sounds like some well balanced advice. Yes this temp contract is a big deal for me and anyone fighting for pay due. The union guy is involved whether I like it or not, which I good but perhaps a bit alarming at the same time. I actually do not know who the lino is, no joke. Some people show up one day gone the next - no introduction or anything. If you asked me who my lino was I couldn't tell you.

I'll be questioning this tomorrow I'd like to understand why the money hasn't been paid. Perhaps there's some usual delay on this or an error made perhaps. But I take it this is not the usual set up. Is it overtime one week paid for the next?

Also, re going to a permanent contract - is there a set period I have to stick it out for?
Cheetah
Posts: 428
Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 13:17
Gender: Male

Re: Temp Contract - fighting for pay

Post by Cheetah »

Blue29 wrote:Thanks Cheetah that sounds like some well balanced advice. Yes this temp contract is a big deal for me and anyone fighting for pay due. The union guy is involved whether I like it or not, which I good but perhaps a bit alarming at the same time. I actually do not know who the lino is, no joke. Some people show up one day gone the next - no introduction or anything. If you asked me who my lino was I couldn't tell you.

I'll be questioning this tomorrow I'd like to understand why the money hasn't been paid. Perhaps there's some usual delay on this or an error made perhaps. But I take it this is not the usual set up. Is it overtime one week paid for the next?

Also, re going to a permanent contract - is there a set period I have to stick it out for?
Yes the overtime you work this week is paid next week (or sadly not in your case).....

One usefull tipI was given, write everything down i.e how much O/T you perform on what duty, and if poss who you booked it with.

Sorry to sound negative again but re. going to a permenant contract, they hold all the aces :mad :mad . And whats more it seems if your prepared to keep stum and stick your nose up the gaffas A..e you will score points, people realy are not treated fairly in this job at any level (how they think this motivates staff is beyond me, I just get more and more pig headed with them) but it does still have its advantages just depends on the individual on weighing up the pros and cons....
Lovemoney
Posts: 45
Joined: 12 May 2011, 22:53
Gender: Female

Re: Temp Contract - fighting for pay

Post by Lovemoney »

Dreadful!!! join the club unfortunately I'm also one of the victim here :arrrghhh :arrrghhh been through all three stages grievance they still denied and delayed. Now I submited a tribunal claim form to my local rep waiting for their legal team to find out have I got chance to claim back pass three years missing hrs and t&s :mad :cry
Blue29
Posts: 223
Joined: 22 Jun 2011, 10:24
Gender: Male

Re: Temp Contract - fighting for pay

Post by Blue29 »

Lovemoney wrote:Dreadful!!! join the club unfortunately I'm also one of the victim here :arrrghhh :arrrghhh been through all three stages grievance they still denied and delayed. Now I submited a tribunal claim form to my local rep waiting for their legal team to find out have I got chance to claim back pass three years missing hrs and t&s :mad :cry

My guess is thats a whole lotta wonga too youre due. good luck with it.