ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
job and knock?
-
jagger
- Posts: 182
- Joined: 23 Sep 2008, 13:24
- Gender: Male
Re: job and knock?
Job and knock alive and well in our office. Many people making 2 hours+ a day, more with ghost overtime. Managers are ok with it as long as work gets done.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: job and knock?
Job and knock is alive and well in our office, with people going straight home after their overtime. Some occasionally finish on time and go straight home.jagger wrote:Job and knock alive and well in our office. Many people making 2 hours+ a day, more with ghost overtime. Managers are ok with it as long as work gets done.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: job and knock?
NewPostieUK wrote: Job and knock is alive and well in our office, with people going straight home after their overtime. Some occasionally finish on time and go straight home.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Cheetah
- Posts: 428
- Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 13:17
- Gender: Male
Re: job and knock?
Have you had your P&L revision yet???NewPostieUK wrote:Job and knock is alive and well in our office, with people going straight home after their overtime. Some occasionally finish on time and go straight home.jagger wrote:Job and knock alive and well in our office. Many people making 2 hours+ a day, more with ghost overtime. Managers are ok with it as long as work gets done.
Think on
-
gazzariah
- Posts: 126
- Joined: 22 Nov 2009, 13:20
- Gender: Male
Re: job and knock?
go out on time finish on time dont take s**tseeker019 wrote:Hard work in RM is rewarded with more work.
Where as Lazy sods are rewarded with overtime payments (when RM decide to pay out).
My advise is 'don't work hard and finish on time
RM will do you no favours, they'll screw you over at every chance and steal money from you by any means (CS, OVERTIME, BONUS'S ETC).
-
mclovin
- Posts: 1106
- Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 18:39
- Gender: Male
Re: job and knock?
btw how exactly am I sneaking off??
I dont get bus fares to return to the office, no one, apart from drivers, returns to the office.
The day they pay me double bussies is the day I return to the office, that is of course if I have time, buses dont always run on time, and there is no direct bus from where I am to the office, so theres another 10 minutes walk, all in all I'd be over my time by the time I got back there, well dear me.....
I.B? I s**t em.
I dont get bus fares to return to the office, no one, apart from drivers, returns to the office.
The day they pay me double bussies is the day I return to the office, that is of course if I have time, buses dont always run on time, and there is no direct bus from where I am to the office, so theres another 10 minutes walk, all in all I'd be over my time by the time I got back there, well dear me.....
I.B? I s**t em.
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: job and knock?
it should be job and knock otherwise its double standards and our DOM was told as such.
The workers who run round finishing early and do docket afterwards always start their docket before their official finish time , when this was pointed out he said that "if they had to wait till their official finish time before starting overtime they wouldnt do it".
So if others finish early and dont want overtime he has to let them do job and knock.
The workers who run round finishing early and do docket afterwards always start their docket before their official finish time , when this was pointed out he said that "if they had to wait till their official finish time before starting overtime they wouldnt do it".
So if others finish early and dont want overtime he has to let them do job and knock.
-
Cheetah
- Posts: 428
- Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 13:17
- Gender: Male
Re: job and knock?
Sadly Not !!!eastie wrote:it should be job and knock otherwise its double standards and our DOM was told as such.
The workers who run round finishing early and do docket afterwards always start their docket before their official finish time , when this was pointed out he said that "if they had to wait till their official finish time before starting overtime they wouldnt do it".
So if others finish early and dont want overtime he has to let them do job and knock.
I used to lap up job and knock but it was pointed out to me years ago that it's just cutting your own throat, in the respect that management never consider the extreemes people go to when finishing early. ( taking shortcuts, running around, not performing the task with regards to H&S in accordance with RM's own rules) All they see is that you could and should do more work i.e bigger duties and still take the shortcuts etc.
As you get older along comes wisdom job and knock is a mugs game and I wished everyone in RM would see the light now I failed to see years ago, this job would be so different and without doubt better for customers and staff alike.....
As regards the Toadies getting away with it
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: job and knock?
No its not. Do your job properly, go home when you finish. Thats all it is. If people abuse it thats their fault.Cheetah wrote: it's just cutting your own throat, in the respect that management never consider the extreemes people go to when finishing early. ( taking shortcuts, running around, not performing the task with regards to H&S in accordance with RM's own rules).
-
Cheetah
- Posts: 428
- Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 13:17
- Gender: Male
Re: job and knock?
If you are doing the job properly and finishing early then your round is TOO SMALL, and management are quite within their rights to get you to lapse not go home early that is the agreement.... Simple....NewPostieUK wrote:No its not. Do your job properly, go home when you finish. Thats all it is. If people abuse it thats their fault.Cheetah wrote: it's just cutting your own throat, in the respect that management never consider the extreemes people go to when finishing early. ( taking shortcuts, running around, not performing the task with regards to H&S in accordance with RM's own rules).
What I am trying to say is that management make no allowance for people getting to their delivery straight away by using their own transport, not having to wait for a van to come in then drop others or bags off before you.
No allowance made for the fact that you effectively do park and loop in your car hence saving time over a cycle/trolley.
No allowance for working at a running/jogging pace instead of an acceptable walking pace.
No allowance for jumping fences, running over peoples gardens in front of their window etc.
No allowance for conveying your bags instead of cycling to a bag drop.
No allowance for coming in early and throwing mail out or preping D2D.
etc, etc, etc
I am not trying to be critical of you personally but if you can go home early you are doing one or more of the above.
My point is that RM see people finishing early because of the above, then either increase your round or get you to lapse, and still expect you to do all the bad practises above which apply allowing you to go home early, but finish on time SO WHAT'S THE POINT.
The consequences under the current management are, after a revision the round is bigger and cannot be acheived by doing the job properly. Or when they catch you at home early sack you (this happened to two posties in our office) if your unlucky or get you to lapse every day. But at least puts colleagues who do the job properly under unfair management pressure by saying well joe soap doesn't book he finishes on time etc....
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: job and knock?
Too many people think Job and Finish means finishing early.