ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

3rd week in a row of dominoes pizzas

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
DirtyHarry
Posts: 5051
Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
Gender: Male
Location: London

Re: 3rd week in a row of dominoes pizzas

Post by DirtyHarry »

I love the way most of you, well, some of you, have been brainwashed into believing that we should be grateful we are forced to deliver crap like pizza leaflets.

It's no more important now to deliver such rubbish, than it was five years ago.

It's just corporate greed, that's all. :cuppa

We don't even get paid to deliver the junk anymore. :evil/mad
robg
Posts: 81
Joined: 21 Jan 2011, 22:41
Gender: Male

Re: 3rd week in a row of dominoes pizzas

Post by robg »

DirtyHarry wrote:I love the way most of you, well, some of you, have been brainwashed into believing that we should be grateful we are forced to deliver crap like pizza leaflets.
Not grateful, but looking for something that involves a person at their door delivering something, like a pizza.

Thursday, 29 September 2011

Furthermore, Domino's continued to deliver a surge in its online and mobile sales in the third quarter. Online revenues at the pizza specialist now account for 46.6 per cent of its delivered sales in the UK and no doubt will rise to more than half in the next year, if not sooner.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/busin ... 62617.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If only Royal Mail had heater boxes it could double it's profit even after modernisation costs.
jessicarabbit
Posts: 619
Joined: 05 Nov 2009, 19:57
Gender: Female

Re: 3rd week in a row of dominoes pizzas

Post by jessicarabbit »

I couldn't careless if i delivered 6 blank sheets of A4 to every house on my delivery. I am grateful to have a job which pays above minimum wage. When will you people realise we arevin a priveleges position in the uk. A secure job a liveable wage an the chance for OT every day. If dominos want to deliver a leaflet to every house every week then good luck to them. Just do your job cut off if you want or claim OT but for the love of Zeus stop wingeing
muzzy
Posts: 220
Joined: 04 Sep 2011, 21:01
Gender: Male

Re: 3rd week in a row of dominoes pizzas

Post by muzzy »

Tsk
Some people

My point wasn't about the fact of delivering them, more the point what a waste of paper and energy involved in creating and recycling them. Not only that but pizza boxes are an even bigger waste of materials and energy.

Anyway, I'm off to order a pizza
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: 3rd week in a row of dominoes pizzas

Post by DGP1 »

jessicarabbit wrote:I couldn't careless if i delivered 6 blank sheets of A4 to every house on my delivery. I am grateful to have a job which pays above minimum wage. When will you people realise we arevin a priveleges position in the uk. A secure job a liveable wage an the chance for OT every day. If dominos want to deliver a leaflet to every house every week then good luck to them. Just do your job cut off if you want or claim OT but for the love of Zeus stop wingeing
By Jupiters cock...............I think you might be onto something :chuckle

It's all to do with enough work to fill your day, 100 D2Ds for each house everyday I just don't care, I'm paid for 8 hours so that's what I do, if it mean shoveling s*** from the carpark then I'll do it (although there really should be at least 2 of us to lift managers into the bins :nervous ).
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
gb93
Posts: 1462
Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
Gender: Male

Re: 3rd week in a row of dominoes pizzas

Post by gb93 »

DirtyHarry wrote:I love the way most of you, well, some of you, have been brainwashed into believing that we should be grateful we are forced to deliver crap like pizza leaflets.

It's no more important now to deliver such rubbish, than it was five years ago.

It's just corporate greed, that's all. :cuppa

We don't even get paid to deliver the junk anymore. :evil/mad
:crazy: I do
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: 3rd week in a row of dominoes pizzas

Post by Lounge Lizard »

DirtyHarry wrote:I love the way most of you, well, some of you, have been brainwashed into believing that we should be grateful we are forced to deliver crap like pizza leaflets.

It's no more important now to deliver such rubbish, than it was five years ago.

It's just corporate greed, that's all. :cuppa

We don't even get paid to deliver the junk anymore. :evil/mad
"We don't even get paid to deliver the junk anymore." - only if you go over your time without claiming docket. :Very Happy
Not delivered any Greggs leaflets yet, but they probably do well enough from certain customers anyway. :nana
taurus88
Posts: 1259
Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male

Re: 3rd week in a row of dominoes pizzas

Post by taurus88 »

pants123 wrote:why would you buy a dominoe pizza, they are well expensive,,, £15 pound for a pizza.. i go to morrisons and get the same pizza for £3.19.. same size........... no wonder they are putting thier leaflets though every fookers door every week... CAUSE THEY ARE RIPPING YOU OFF FOR A PIZZA AT £15..............
Morrisons do a fantastic sausage and bacon pizza, stuffed crust. Best pizza out there by some distance. Domino's have a permanent buy one get one free offer which tends to make it more value if you're ordering for a family, but their pizzas aren't great quality. They taste nice enough but the toppings fall off each time you take a new slice, and the general quality is just shoddy. I only ever go there when I'm out and can't cook a pizza for myself.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: 3rd week in a row of dominoes pizzas

Post by Lounge Lizard »

pants123 wrote:why would you buy a dominoe pizza, they are well expensive,,, £15 pound for a pizza.. i go to morrisons and get the same pizza for £3.19.. same size........... no wonder they are putting thier leaflets though every fookers door every week... CAUSE THEY ARE RIPPING YOU OFF FOR A PIZZA AT £15..............
Why would anyone buy a pizza ?
It's just Welsh Rarebit with a fancy name and a few extra bits on top to justify the high price. :sad:
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: 3rd week in a row of dominoes pizzas

Post by DGP1 »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
pants123 wrote:why would you buy a dominoe pizza, they are well expensive,,, £15 pound for a pizza.. i go to morrisons and get the same pizza for £3.19.. same size........... no wonder they are putting thier leaflets though every fookers door every week... CAUSE THEY ARE RIPPING YOU OFF FOR A PIZZA AT £15..............
Why would anyone buy a pizza ?
It's just Welsh Rarebit with a fancy name and a few extra bits on top to justify the high price. :sad:
I've tried telling my wife that............fancy cheese on toast but she'll hear none of it :roll:
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: 3rd week in a row of dominoes pizzas

Post by Lounge Lizard »

DGP1 wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:
pants123 wrote:why would you buy a dominoe pizza, they are well expensive,,, £15 pound for a pizza.. i go to morrisons and get the same pizza for £3.19.. same size........... no wonder they are putting thier leaflets though every fookers door every week... CAUSE THEY ARE RIPPING YOU OFF FOR A PIZZA AT £15..............
Why would anyone buy a pizza ?
It's just Welsh Rarebit with a fancy name and a few extra bits on top to justify the high price. :sad:
I've tried telling my wife that............fancy cheese on toast but she'll hear none of it :roll:
Tell her you're preparing "il formaggio sul pane tostato" and she's in for a treat :Very Happy and you can't go wrong. :nana :nana
pants123

Re: 3rd week in a row of dominoes pizzas

Post by pants123 »

what ever your taste is i like pizza, its food and i love food,,,, and sometimes do a 16 inch pizza to my self... and if the topping drop off, just put them back on.... love food and live life... have a nice day people... :Very Happy :Very Happy
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: 3rd week in a row of dominoes pizzas

Post by DGP1 »

pants123 wrote:what ever your taste is i like pizza, its food and i love food,,,, and sometimes do a 16 inch pizza to my self... and if the topping drop off, just put them back on.... love food and live life... have a nice day people... :Very Happy :Very Happy
I tried a 16" before.........................couldn't sit down for a week :nervous :chuckle :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
jessicarabbit
Posts: 619
Joined: 05 Nov 2009, 19:57
Gender: Female

Re: 3rd week in a row of dominoes pizzas

Post by jessicarabbit »

I've got 12" but I don't use it as a rule :wink:
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: 3rd week in a row of dominoes pizzas

Post by clashcityrocker »

jessicarabbit wrote:I've got 12" but I don't use it as a rule :wink:
jessicarabbit.
Gender: Female
:hmmmm
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.