ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Too Hot
-
Eric Cantona
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 15 Jul 2010, 19:21
- Gender: Male
Re: Too Hot
Do the shaded streets first...
-
Blue29
- Posts: 223
- Joined: 22 Jun 2011, 10:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Too Hot
Absolutely right. Spot on. Couldn't agree more if I'd written it myself.zidangus wrote:It was to hot today. What I want to know is do the Royal Mail not give their workers sunblock for days like this, because as far as I am concerned, walking for a long time in the midday of sunny hot days is a hazard to your health, with skin cancer, sun stroke etc etc a concern. It seems Royal Mails new motto is "Only mad dogs and post men in the midday sun"
Some companies already do this (see link)
http://news.careerstructure.com/article ... n-workers/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Health and safety should force Royal Mail to give free sunblock to postmen on sunny days like today. The union should do something, oh sorry I forgot, the union bosses don't give a stuff as they are sitting in their big offices all day in London.
Sending us out in sun will be the subject of court cases in years to come....if RM is around to claim compensation from. All of the medical knowledge is there, there are direct links between exposure to sun and melanomas to make it willful neglect and irresponsible to put posties on the street without cream/education/care. I have neither heard nor seen anything to tell me rm have any policy or whatever.
-
Lateagainpostie
- Posts: 393
- Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 18:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Too Hot
So now sunblock keeps you cool as well ?
You can thank all the mail centre workers for us having to work in this heat, they were the ones that took the D2D carrot, must be lovely in those air conditioned mail centres when the weather is like this
You can thank all the mail centre workers for us having to work in this heat, they were the ones that took the D2D carrot, must be lovely in those air conditioned mail centres when the weather is like this
If you love Man Utd, you'll love my forum Talkingreds
-
zidangus
- Posts: 41
- Joined: 19 Aug 2011, 21:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Too Hot
I just found this
http://www.mailroomnews.com/news/Royal- ... n-1111.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I like this part
"Melly Hill, of the Communication Workers Union, told the news provider: "The legal people looked at it and said that if Royal Mail provided sun cream and then people didn't use it and got skin cancer then they would be liable."
And your supposed to be fighting for our rights,
okkkkaayyy.
Seriously the biggest joke is that the CWU just roll over and let RM do what they like, what exactly am I paying my union fees for ????? the CWU can't even ensure I get basic health and safety, such as suncream in the summer. In fact do the CWU actually do anything to help postmen ? because from where I am standing they look like a joke.
http://www.mailroomnews.com/news/Royal- ... n-1111.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I like this part
"Melly Hill, of the Communication Workers Union, told the news provider: "The legal people looked at it and said that if Royal Mail provided sun cream and then people didn't use it and got skin cancer then they would be liable."
And your supposed to be fighting for our rights,
Seriously the biggest joke is that the CWU just roll over and let RM do what they like, what exactly am I paying my union fees for ????? the CWU can't even ensure I get basic health and safety, such as suncream in the summer. In fact do the CWU actually do anything to help postmen ? because from where I am standing they look like a joke.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Too Hot
It was warm today but i agree with DGP1 its not that hot. The suns lost its power this time of year and you just need to keep hydrated and take a break and SLOW down.
I can remeber a week back in 1990 (i think) where it stayed above 30 c and the pavements started to melt under your feet. Bottom of my RM DM shoes were black with tar
I can remeber a week back in 1990 (i think) where it stayed above 30 c and the pavements started to melt under your feet. Bottom of my RM DM shoes were black with tar
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
zidangus
- Posts: 41
- Joined: 19 Aug 2011, 21:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Too Hot
dont forget the drivers as well.Lateagainpostie wrote:So now sunblock keeps you cool as well ?![]()
You can thank all the mail centre workers for us having to work in this heat, they were the ones that took the D2D carrot, must be lovely in those air conditioned mail centers when the weather is like this
I guess thats another load of crap the CWU dropped the posties into. I mean for d2d who the hell in their right mind thought that it would be a good idea to allow RM mail center workers, RM drivers, basically anyone who does not have to deliver d2d, if it would be ok for posties to deliver d2d, of bloody course there going to say yes d2d are good lets have them !!, because they are not the ones that are delivering them every day. There getting money for nothing ! While posties are out there delivering the horrible things.
So again thanks a lot CWU you had the posties back on that one, if I could just remove the knife from it that is !
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Too Hot
Your right in a way but also wrong.zidangus wrote:There getting money for nothing ! While posties are out there delivering the horrible things.
The d2d's are now part of the workload, the same as letters. We now get an extra payment but it is not directly a replacement for d2d money, hence you still get paid when on hols or sick without delivering the stuff.
We have all done this "who's actually delivering the stuff" to death on here before.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
robg
- Posts: 81
- Joined: 21 Jan 2011, 22:41
- Gender: Male
Re: Too Hot
Am I allowed to do that ? , it will take longer but I think it could be done with only half the mail going back.maninred wrote:Don't ever forget RM's advice to 'plan your walk so that you are in the shade during the hottest parts of the day'
-
zidangus
- Posts: 41
- Joined: 19 Aug 2011, 21:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Too Hot
krussel wrote:Your right in a way but also wrong.zidangus wrote:There getting money for nothing ! While posties are out there delivering the horrible things.![]()
The d2d's are now part of the workload, the same as letters. We now get an extra payment but it is not directly a replacement for d2d money, hence you still get paid when on hols or sick without delivering the stuff.
We have all done this "who's actually delivering the stuff" to death on here before.
Well to me it looks like the CWU screwed the posites on d2d. You compare the mail center workers and the postie out delivering I know who benefited the most.
The CWU bosses are not the ones out there delivering d2d either. But what do they care in their cushy high payed jobs and offices in London.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Too Hot
"dont forget the drivers as well" - with no air conditioning in the vans and meant to keep the windows shut too.zidangus wrote:dont forget the drivers as well.Lateagainpostie wrote:So now sunblock keeps you cool as well ?![]()
You can thank all the mail centre workers for us having to work in this heat, they were the ones that took the D2D carrot, must be lovely in those air conditioned mail centers when the weather is like this
I guess thats another load of crap the CWU dropped the posties into. I mean for d2d who the hell in their right mind thought that it would be a good idea to allow RM mail center workers, RM drivers, basically anyone who does not have to deliver d2d, if it would be ok for posties to deliver d2d, of bloody course there going to say yes d2d are good lets have them !!, because they are not the ones that are delivering them every day. There getting money for nothing ! While posties are out there delivering the horrible things.
So again thanks a lot CWU you had the posties back on that one, if I could just remove the knife from it that is !
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Too Hot
just drive with your door openLounge Lizard wrote: "dont forget the drivers as well" - with no air conditioning in the vans and meant to keep the windows shut too.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Too Hot
Getting caught making people fall down laughingDGP1 wrote: There's alwaysif you want to keep cool
(don't worry about getting caught...........happens to me all the time
).
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Too Hot
FFS just open the windows,whats going to happen,close them when you stop and open them when you drive.Lounge Lizard wrote:"dont forget the drivers as well" - with no air conditioning in the vans and meant to keep the windows shut too.zidangus wrote:dont forget the drivers as well.Lateagainpostie wrote:So now sunblock keeps you cool as well ?![]()
You can thank all the mail centre workers for us having to work in this heat, they were the ones that took the D2D carrot, must be lovely in those air conditioned mail centers when the weather is like this
I guess thats another load of crap the CWU dropped the posties into. I mean for d2d who the hell in their right mind thought that it would be a good idea to allow RM mail center workers, RM drivers, basically anyone who does not have to deliver d2d, if it would be ok for posties to deliver d2d, of bloody course there going to say yes d2d are good lets have them !!, because they are not the ones that are delivering them every day. There getting money for nothing ! While posties are out there delivering the horrible things.
So again thanks a lot CWU you had the posties back on that one, if I could just remove the knife from it that is !
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: Too Hot
IT is too hot and the work is also heavy as well. Hot weather is alright if you live by the sea but not in town and cites.
-
zidangus
- Posts: 41
- Joined: 19 Aug 2011, 21:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Too Hot
Sorry I don't care what time of year it is, 26 (deg) C is hot and the suns 'power' at this temperature CAN cause skin damage and make you look like thiskrussel wrote:It was warm today but i agree with DGP1 its not that hot. The suns lost its power this time of year and you just need to keep hydrated and take a break and SLOW down.
I can remeber a week back in 1990 (i think) where it stayed above 30 c and the pavements started to melt under your feet. Bottom of my RM DM shoes were black with tar

if you want to keep cool