ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Have you been bitten?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.

Have you been bitten?

DOG...loose in garden........you were aware of it but still entered
12
8%
DOG...loose in garden......unaware
42
27%
DOG...let out by homeowner
47
30%
DOG...roaming
37
23%
OTHER ANIMAL.....unaware of it
15
9%
OTHER ANIMAL.....aware
5
3%
 
Total votes: 158

blenks
Posts: 5
Joined: 22 Mar 2011, 17:57
Gender: Male

Re: Have you been bitten?

Post by blenks »

wish i could take my staffie to work with me sort all them little shity dogs out that keep trying to bite me :left: lol
SteveH
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 49
Joined: 23 Sep 2011, 23:16
Gender: Male
Location: Hemel Hempstead (HCN MC)

Re: Have you been bitten?

Post by SteveH »

What about getting bitten through the letter box? That happened to me two or three times, before I learned not to put my fingers through.
I once got revenge on a dog without even meaning to. The front door had a large window of frosted glass, so I could see the hallway vaguely, but no detail. I had a magazine to deliver, so I put it half-way through, and then whacked it with my hand, intending to send it flying into the hallway. At that precise moment, a mutt, which I hadn't noticed because of the frosted glass, jumped up to grab it in its jaws, so I ended up whacking the magazine down its throat. Serve it right - canine magazine-grabbers are a pain in the nether orifice.