ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

I have escaped!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Thorby Bislam
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 495
Joined: 04 Jan 2008, 20:45
Gender: Male
Location: Desolation Row

Re: I have escaped!

Post by Thorby Bislam »

Best of luck from one escapee to another. There is a life outside RM.
Just spilt stain-remover down my shirt. Now how do I get that out?
sidewinder
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 348
Joined: 24 Oct 2008, 18:05
Gender: Male

Re: I have escaped!

Post by sidewinder »

Thorby Bislam wrote:Best of luck from one escapee to another. There is a life outside RM.
And from another who escaped good luck.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: I have escaped!

Post by fishtank »

Is this the escape committee?
Where's the tunnel?
Can i be Charles Bronson or James Coburn...at least they made it.. :Very Happy
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: I have escaped!

Post by Darren Bent »

I am plotting my escape but not for another 3 years open university (or win eurolottery jackpot)

I would like new job but not looking for one.
sidewinder
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 348
Joined: 24 Oct 2008, 18:05
Gender: Male

Re: I have escaped!

Post by sidewinder »

fishtank wrote:Is this the escape committee?
Where's the tunnel?
Can i be Charles Bronson or James Coburn...at least they made it.. :Very Happy
mr fishtank. For your insolence, ze cooler for you.
saga
Posts: 66
Joined: 18 May 2007, 17:08
Location: west midlands

Re: I have escaped!

Post by saga »

I escaped two years ago - aged 62, I got EVR - got £38,000 and a few weeks later - I was paid my shares of £1800. I could not believe how lucky I was as I
was thinking of leaving anyway. :Very Happy
saga
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: I have escaped!

Post by fishtank »

sidewinder wrote: mr fishtank. For your insolence, ze cooler for you.
Image :whistle
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: I have escaped!

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

That won't hold him
can-stock-photo_csp2561630.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: I have escaped!

Post by krussel »

Robinvn :Applause :Applause :Applause

I read your opening post and its so sad that you are spot on to the way things are going :sad:

Your second post cheered me up no end to think your off to a life of ease in the sun, bloody fantastic ! :dance :dance

The very best of good health and happiness mate :wave
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: I have escaped!

Post by krussel »

saga wrote:I was paid my shares of £1800
I am glad at least someone did :nana

Best of luck :Very Happy
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
dozandmaxine
Posts: 30
Joined: 23 Mar 2011, 09:01
Gender: Male
Location: By The River Blakewater Ready To Jump In

Re: I have escaped!

Post by dozandmaxine »

enjoy your retirement mate and good luck to you.
unfortuneatly others are jumping ship thinking that the grass is greener on the other side.
having now been unemployed for five months ( first time in my life i am 49 ) i can assure them that it is not.
come on guys stop whinging about the job and be thankfull you are in employement as many people at the moment are not.
jobs are bloody hard to come by as i am finding out first hand.
i am not saying let rm s**t on you but just be glad you are in work
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: I have escaped!

Post by Darren Bent »

Yes it is not worth quitting job unless

1. retire from work
2. win the lottery/eurolottery
3. got rich wife/husband
4. left with lot of money from dead person
5. emigrating
6. got new job
7. got big pay off to leave and you can invest
8. Go to university full time