ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Help required, urgently.
-
bag69
- Posts: 297
- Joined: 18 Mar 2010, 19:52
- Gender: Male
Re: Help required, urgently.
To flaminmoses. If you have been sacked you do loose all right to holiday pay outstanding. Some employers may still pay it, but this is RF that we are talking about.
-
flaminmoses
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 819
- Joined: 05 Jul 2009, 14:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Help required, urgently.
bag69 wrote:To flaminmoses. If you have been sacked you do loose all right to holiday pay outstanding. Some employers may still pay it, but this is RF that we are talking about.
you dont lose accrued holiday which hasnt been taken....which is what happened to me
-
Pat Ostman
- Posts: 2797
- Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.
Re: Help required, urgently.
Debt collectors cannot charge you anything for any home visit. Debt collectors have no right whatsoever to visit you.
I'm sorry but thats just bad advice... YES they can refuse £1/week if you can afford more. With regards the debt collectors RM will 'sell' the debt to the collects for a discount the wash there hands of having to collect it. The debt collectors are bast'rds who will use every opportunity to add fee's to the debt i.e. £30 for a default letter £80 for a 'home visit' etc etc
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
-
Postman Plodd
- Posts: 596
- Joined: 30 Nov 2008, 15:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Help required, urgently.
But they will try, just ffs dont let the c*nts in whatever you do.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Help required, urgently.
The lesson in your new job then is not to take leave ahead of that due proportionately.chunder wrote:Hi, I resigned from RM at the end of July after 15 years. I have just recieved a letter saying I owe them £500 holiday pay as I took 3 weeks leave. I asked my manager could I go at short notice and would my pension be safe and if I would owe them anything. He said it is all OK after he sought advice. They say they have sent a letter previously which I have not responded to. Never recieved said letter, all I have had from them is P45 and letter from pensions. Now this threateining legal action and debt recovery, in 7 days if I dont pay up, nice of them to send it to me on a Saturday so I can do f***k all about it.
I left a week before the £600 payment was due and got nothing of that, also I am sure they do not persue this if someone gets sacked? I may be wrong.
Any advice would be much appreciated from union, managers or anyone who knows.
Have to work a month in advance in my new job so have jack s**t money to give them.
Help!!
Pay RM what you owe, it's very little out of fifteen years wages, and stop moaning.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Help required, urgently.
Debt collectors aint going to vist you for 500 quid ffs.
Are you working now?
Contact RM with a budget sheet,make sure the budget sheet 'finishes' with a set amount that you can afford,include evey expense that you have.
You are entitled to include monthly stuff that you wouldn't normally think of like,travelling expenses/petrol,clothes,entertainment,birthdays and xmas savings,school dinners,bus passes for the kids,you also smoke yes
loads of different bollox.
You can do the same for the debt peeps if it gets that far.
Any info you want PM me.
And whatever you do,dont panic,nothing major is going to happen.
Of course if you can afford to whack it out over a few months then go for it.
Are you working now?
Contact RM with a budget sheet,make sure the budget sheet 'finishes' with a set amount that you can afford,include evey expense that you have.
You are entitled to include monthly stuff that you wouldn't normally think of like,travelling expenses/petrol,clothes,entertainment,birthdays and xmas savings,school dinners,bus passes for the kids,you also smoke yes
You can do the same for the debt peeps if it gets that far.
Any info you want PM me.
And whatever you do,dont panic,nothing major is going to happen.
Of course if you can afford to whack it out over a few months then go for it.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.