ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Packets
-
taurus88
- Posts: 1259
- Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Packets
I'm another guy who does absolutely nothing - I just memorise the packets. Works surprisingly well, only had 1 incident of tracking back.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Packets
Same here although it helps that i have my own duty.taurus88 wrote:I'm another guy who does absolutely nothing - I just memorise the packets. Works surprisingly well, only had 1 incident of tracking back.
I can more or less tell you who will have packets before i even start in the morning.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Packets
Just remember to give all the packets to a driver.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Packets
On my l/w trolley on the walking part on park and loop each loop has about a dozen packets x 7 loops thats roughly 70- 80 packets just for the walker alone.
I put all the packets and parcels in one bag and the bundles of letters in a bag on the other side.
I dont normally get past the 5th loop as I cut off.
Can someone confirm what Royal Mail and the planners say is an average amount of packets per postman per round is that they use for timing the round.
Someone said 15 !! that cant be right, I have up to 80 a day sometimes
I put all the packets and parcels in one bag and the bundles of letters in a bag on the other side.
I dont normally get past the 5th loop as I cut off.
Can someone confirm what Royal Mail and the planners say is an average amount of packets per postman per round is that they use for timing the round.
Someone said 15 !! that cant be right, I have up to 80 a day sometimes
-
muzzy
- Posts: 220
- Joined: 04 Sep 2011, 21:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Packets
well i used teh blank dockets today and didnt miss any, happy days!
as for numbers, i get about 30 a day on my round, most are pretty small though and go in with the bundles of letters, like amazon dvds etc,
as for numbers, i get about 30 a day on my round, most are pretty small though and go in with the bundles of letters, like amazon dvds etc,
-
PhilthyPhil
- Posts: 1155
- Joined: 23 Nov 2007, 19:15
Re: Packets
I just remember where the next packet/signed for is then when I get there I check the next one, so I only need to remember one packet. I can't see the point in faffing about turning letters or putting P739s in the frame.taurus88 wrote:I'm another guy who does absolutely nothing - I just memorise the packets. Works surprisingly well, only had 1 incident of tracking back.