ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Making Time
-
SexyLegs
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 393
- Joined: 13 Apr 2010, 16:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Making Time
Only a couple of you have even read the original post..............it was pre-arranged, with a witness, and another DIM as an extra witness.
I used to blast round and make time every day but rarely do now unless I have to.........we all have to from time to time don't we? You really need to look at yourselves on here and ask yourselves why you put what you put.
If you'd read the original post I was asking what they expect from posties now, I really don't see what difference it makes whether it takes a postie 8 hours or 6 hours to do x amount of work, and I never will, but if it's ineptitude they want then that's what they can have.......but answer me this:-
What difference does it make whether it can be done in 6 hours or 8 hours?, the same amount of work to the same level of competence, I can't understand the reasoning behind it, it negates all your good will, all your motivation and all your fight, so what possible good comes of it?
cheetah - you're not liked or wanted so do one :)
I used to blast round and make time every day but rarely do now unless I have to.........we all have to from time to time don't we? You really need to look at yourselves on here and ask yourselves why you put what you put.
If you'd read the original post I was asking what they expect from posties now, I really don't see what difference it makes whether it takes a postie 8 hours or 6 hours to do x amount of work, and I never will, but if it's ineptitude they want then that's what they can have.......but answer me this:-
What difference does it make whether it can be done in 6 hours or 8 hours?, the same amount of work to the same level of competence, I can't understand the reasoning behind it, it negates all your good will, all your motivation and all your fight, so what possible good comes of it?
cheetah - you're not liked or wanted so do one :)
-
SexyLegs
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 393
- Joined: 13 Apr 2010, 16:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Making Time
Only if it''s done on a regular basis Pat, this was a one off - read the original post!Pat Ostman wrote:Blasting around and doing it quicker leads to more delivery points added to rounds. Period.
-
SexyLegs
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 393
- Joined: 13 Apr 2010, 16:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Making Time
To look after my children, I want to be their for my kids......hardly a crime tank!fishtank wrote:What the hell do you want?SexyLegs wrote: The slow idiots that finish on or around time every day but don't do OT or absorbtion seem to be highly thought of while the 'quicker' ones who get everything done and make 1/2 hour here or an hour there seem to get lambasted for being 'better', 'quicker', 'more able', 'more efficient'!!!
So...........What the hell do they want?
A pat on the back for carving the job up.
Who's the idiot?
-
SexyLegs
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 393
- Joined: 13 Apr 2010, 16:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Making Time
Read the original post, it was a one off!DB1100 wrote:fishtank wrote:SexyLegs wrote: Well done everybody else who does that job now is going to get grief if they cannot do it on time,think about other people and not just yourself.
-
SexyLegs
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 393
- Joined: 13 Apr 2010, 16:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Making Time
Yes, you've missed quite a lot...........hopefully you now understand a little better!IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:Unless I've missed something, all you have done is left yourself open to more lapsing on Saturdays and other quiet days... You have sucessfully shown your lino and DOM that your current duty structure (including any lapsing) can be completed 90 minutes early!
-
SexyLegs
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 393
- Joined: 13 Apr 2010, 16:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Making Time
I'm a reserve scooby, I get moved every week, 2 or 3 times a week is not unusual, I put up with more s**t than most posties put up with in a career (the jobs a bit different these days before the old brigade come on remarking about that comment) so when I need a favour I expect it to be honoured, and this time it wasn't, you're right Postman, lesson learnt, that doesn't make their actions right though does it?scoobydo79 wrote:Well done what chance has your cover guy got when your on leave now?If the job doesnt fit in with your personal life leave for one that does
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Making Time
At the end of the day you need to work the hours paid, RM don't care about your family (or anything else outside work), so no matter what you just work your hours and live with it.SexyLegs wrote:Read the original post, it was a one off!DB1100 wrote:fishtank wrote:SexyLegs wrote: Well done everybody else who does that job now is going to get grief if they cannot do it on time,think about other people and not just yourself.
ps. RM can't make you pay back hours they think you owe them, never have been able to (but with the way the union is going they may do in the future) but be very careful about it because you left mail behind that was supposed to be delivered (leading to a wilful delay charge).
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
jessicarabbit
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 05 Nov 2009, 19:57
- Gender: Female
Re: Making Time
Even if by 'pre-arrangement' it is not acceptable to 'blast' round. What you should have done was offered to come in an hour earlier and prep someone elses walk and then rrequest to finish an hour earlier as many do with family friendly requests. Blasting around helps no one all it suggests is that you have two speeds an efficient one and an inefficient one. Any employer would expext its workers to be efficient all the time and to facilitate this you can have the last few delivery points of your colleagues rounds. Stop insulting people who have a differnent long term view of the job rather than a what time can i make today attitude. As you can see by tne posts on here you are in a minority.
-
SexyLegs
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 393
- Joined: 13 Apr 2010, 16:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Making Time
Well, your grammar is second rate cheetah, much like your advice, been a postie long?Cheetah wrote:
Well there is some justice in this job![]()
I have read many of your posts and thought it's only a matter of time...... Well that time has come so stop cribing(you must mean cribbing) and telling tales "he does this and he does that" and take your punishment like a man....
You, Me and everyone else on here are payed(surely you mean paid) to work your hours. I'm against dragging the job out but even more against you "runners" killing the job and working at a sub standard rushed level giving scant regard to mail security (leaving mail hanging out of letter boxes etc), customers property (fence/garden jumpers etc).
Learn your lesson, do the job properly and stop berating and dissrespecting(surely you mean disrespecting) your colleagues who are fighting to preserve their future by doing the job correctly
![]()
-
SexyLegs
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 393
- Joined: 13 Apr 2010, 16:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Making Time
Nope, double checked with the other lino prior to going it was OK, to which they replied yes with a witness present, see, all covered!DGP1 wrote:At the end of the day you need to work the hours paid, RM don't care about your family (or anything else outside work), so no matter what you just work your hours and live with it.SexyLegs wrote:Read the original post, it was a one off!DB1100 wrote:fishtank wrote:SexyLegs wrote: Well done everybody else who does that job now is going to get grief if they cannot do it on time,think about other people and not just yourself.
ps. RM can't make you pay back hours they think you owe them, never have been able to (but with the way the union is going they may do in the future) but be very careful about it because you left mail behind that was supposed to be delivered (leading to a wilful delay charge).
-
SexyLegs
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 393
- Joined: 13 Apr 2010, 16:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Making Time
If it's been agreed of course it's acceptable, what planet are you on jessica? Just remember these replies guys when you next need a favour from a DOM or a DIM, as earlier stated, I'll just ring up next time and take a C3 pay abated domestic distress day.jessicarabbit wrote:Even if by 'pre-arrangement' it is not acceptable to 'blast' round. What you should have done was offered to come in an hour earlier and prep someone elses walk and then rrequest to finish an hour earlier as many do with family friendly requests. Blasting around helps no one all it suggests is that you have two speeds an efficient one and an inefficient one. Any employer would expext its workers to be efficient all the time and to facilitate this you can have the last few delivery points of your colleagues rounds. Stop insulting people who have a differnent long term view of the job rather than a what time can i make today attitude. As you can see by tne posts on here you are in a minority.
-
happyhippo
- Posts: 105
- Joined: 02 Aug 2010, 17:47
- Gender: Male
Re: Making Time
i 100% understand where your coming from as i am in a similar predicament, i tried to be honest with management and was screwed over so now i will take a sick day instead of trying to help them out.SexyLegs wrote:Pat Ostman and Fishtank - Did you even read my post? It quite clearly stated I had a pre arranged ok from the lino to blast round and get it done so I could look after my children, best not to leave a 6 year old on her own for too long eh!!! jeez! lol - How dumb are these replies?
I can assure you I don't normally make 90 minutes, I've been in the business for long enough to know you get no gratitude for flying round but when it's pre-arranged?
Best not make dumb s**t comments unless you've read the post thoroughly in the first place...........cheers ta!
Everyone else, thanks for the constructive advice.
I've got em by the balls on the OT in duty time thing so it's sorted, no thanks to Plod Odiot and Guppy Bowl or whatever their names are!!!
The sad thing about Royal Mail these days is its not a family friendly business anymore they want young singletons who work for minimum wage and temporary contracts and it looks like its only going to get worse with these P+L restrictions finish about 3pm thankfully we dont have it yet at my office.
There is no incentive for being fast and efficient anymore just work to time , plod along and do as little as possible thats my motto which i adopted from management. The slow useless posties at our place get away with it and they expect the fast guys to pick up the slack which i refuse to do. Dont do management any favors as you wont ever get it back. just use a sick day or parental leave i think you can get about a weeks worth a year without consequence but dont quote me on that.
Also the whole council letters being treated as mail sort today our team of managers decided to do that as well so as not to pay overtime also mail/packets were not sorted up before we left office so massive fail expected but its not wilful delay when a manager decides its not, and im sure they will cover it up somehow crafty beggers.
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: Making Time
Problem is the management are very short sighted. You "blast" round and finish early and you set a precedence. In the managers eyes if you can finish that much earlier then perhaps they can get away with giving you more work? After all, you have proven you can get more done in the time, as far as they are concerned you should be working faster all the time!
I understand you have family commitments but if you stick your @rse in the wind let's face it ya gonna get it spanked!
I understand you have family commitments but if you stick your @rse in the wind let's face it ya gonna get it spanked!
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Making Time
No such thing as OK these days with RM, anyway, as others have said, take it as a lesson learned, start and finish at your due times and let them deal with the consequences of it.SexyLegs wrote: Nope, double checked with the other lino prior to going it was OK, to which they replied yes with a witness present, see, all covered!
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
BELIAL
- Posts: 6758
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
- Gender: Female
- Location: Nowhere
Re: Making Time
I read itSexyLegs wrote:Only a couple of you have even read the original post..............it was pre-arranged, with a witness, and another DIM as an extra witness.
I used to blast round and make time every day but rarely do now unless I have to.........we all have to from time to time don't we? You really need to look at yourselves on here and ask yourselves why you put what you put.
If you'd read the original post I was asking what they expect from posties now, I really don't see what difference it makes whether it takes a postie 8 hours or 6 hours to do x amount of work, and I never will, but if it's ineptitude they want then that's what they can have.......but answer me this:-
What difference does it make whether it can be done in 6 hours or 8 hours?, the same amount of work to the same level of competence, I can't understand the reasoning behind it, it negates all your good will, all your motivation and all your fight, so what possible good comes of it?
cheetah - you're not liked or wanted so do one :)
Bye