Dorset Plodder wrote:
4. We are instructed to fill up our vans if the level falls below 3/4.
In the forces we were always told to refuel when between 1/4 and 1/2.
The reasons I am told is that less than a 1/4 and it sucks up all the gunk. Also if you refuel every-time when more than a 1/2 is left in the tank then your wasting fuel by carrying extra weight, cheaper for one visit but not over the life span of the van.
Different places, different rules again.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:The reasons I am told is that less than a 1/4 and it sucks up all the gunk
My dads been quoting this for years but when you think about it the fuel drain from the tank is at the bottom
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
tiggle wrote:"i don't normally bother booking extended says he but i went over an hour and half last week and i booked it so i got my tenner back!!!!!!!
CLASSIC!!!!!
The sky is white as clay, with no sun.
Work has to be done.
Postmen like doctors go from house to house.
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:The reasons I am told is that less than a 1/4 and it sucks up all the gunk
My dads been quoting this for years but when you think about it the fuel drain from the tank is at the bottom
There is always gunk in your tank but as the fuel level drops the ratio of gunk to fuel increases.
It clogs up the filter.
Yeah thats true. I think the muck in the bottom bit goes back to when petrol tanks were steel and would rust above the fuel line.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
We used to do this for years and why not. Have now been told NOT ANYMORE by our loving dom due to income tax reasons Any one caught using their card gets a warning.
Someone said that our tax code allows for so much in xmas tips Anyone recon thats true
Sounds like a bit of "The green Eyed Monster" to me Krussell! What difference does it make? I watched a Coach Driver the other day filling up and putting Treble Nectar points on his card, bet his manager wasn't bending his ear! Just more BS from the Office. Can't see the Tax man standing at Tescos check out at Christmas asking how you accumulated all those points!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
krussel wrote:
Yeah thats true. I think the muck in the bottom bit goes back to when petrol tanks were steel and would rust above the fuel line.
It definitely isn't as bad as it used to be.
Most of the gunk now comes from the petrol station holding tanks.
We have a Shell near us that nobody used because it always had a problem with water contamination until eventually they forked out the cash to change the tanks.
Dorset Plodder wrote: Some Offices I worked in used to fill up at Tescos and got Club Card points every week! Result
We used to do this for years and why not. Have now been told NOT ANYMORE by our loving dom due to income tax reasons Any one caught using their card gets a warning.
Someone said that our tax code allows for so much in xmas tips Anyone recon thats true
Bollocks, any tips you get you're supposed to declare them to the taxman as for the club cards points.........no idea, you manager may be making things up but we know that NEVER happens
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Dorset Plodder wrote: Some Offices I worked in used to fill up at Tescos and got Club Card points every week! Result
We used to do this for years and why not. Have now been told NOT ANYMORE by our loving dom due to income tax reasons Any one caught using their card gets a warning.
Someone said that our tax code allows for so much in xmas tips Anyone recon thats true
Bollocks, any tips you get you're supposed to declare them to the taxman as for the club cards points.........no idea, you manager may be making things up but we know that NEVER happens
And the good news is?
You don't have to pay tax or NI on discounts or loyalty points earned on expenditure for the company. That's because they aren't a reward for employment, just for using a particular card to make a purchase.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Dorset Plodder wrote: Some Offices I worked in used to fill up at Tescos and got Club Card points every week! Result
We used to do this for years and why not. Have now been told NOT ANYMORE by our loving dom due to income tax reasons Any one caught using their card gets a warning.
Someone said that our tax code allows for so much in xmas tips Anyone recon thats true
Bollocks, any tips you get you're supposed to declare them to the taxman as for the club cards points.........no idea, you manager may be making things up but we know that NEVER happens
And the good news is?
You don't have to pay tax or NI on discounts or loyalty points earned on expenditure for the company. That's because they aren't a reward for employment, just for using a particular card to make a purchase.
We still cant use them (not that i drive now ), it was the usual story not the doms fault but instructions from her boss etc etc.
I dont know its just one thing after another. Every time we get called around for a worktime learning (more like bollocking) your heart sinks
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
What you need Krussel is some Stroppy Old Bugger that doesn't give a Toss to make a point by Filling Up in Tescos and see what the Manager does! Bet they conveniently ignore it, instead of dealing with the situation, especially if there is no sound legal reason for stopping it!
Most mangers don't seem to want the work they're meant to do...without making more paperwork for themselves!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
BTW why does every RM driver put the passenger seatbelt into the drivers one to turn off the warning light, drop to drop maybe but all the way back to the depot?.
robg wrote:I'd prefer to do vehicle checks instead of IPS,
BTW why does every RM driver put the passenger seatbelt into the drivers one to turn off the warning light, drop to drop maybe but all the way back to the depot?.
I don't do IPS, just prep and deliver so I can't get off that to do my van checks...............just have to do it before starting to drive.
I personally don't plug my seat belt in, it's as easy to just put the thing on plus it's a conduct issue if you don't wear it (not to mention having an accident and re-arranging your face on the steering wheel/windscreen)
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
robg wrote:I'd prefer to do vehicle checks instead of IPS,
BTW why does every RM driver put the passenger seatbelt into the drivers one to turn off the warning light, drop to drop maybe but all the way back to the depot?.