ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Graduate Managers

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
mailmonkey
Posts: 431
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 22:12
Gender: Male

Re: Graduate Managers

Post by mailmonkey »

Chis wrote:Hi everyone,

I've recently attended the Assessment day at Coton House for the Graduate Operations Scheme.

Just wondering, how posties view the managers and any tips for working at Royal Mail.

Thanks

You've only attended the Assessment Day, you haven't sold your soul to the Devil yet.

If you have any humanity, you won't go far. The fact that you're here asking for advice suggests you are too nice to do the job.

I'd get out now, I couldn't face working in management capacity for a company like this, wouldn't be able to look meself in the eye when I'm shaving in the morning, let alone the posties'.
Pinky 1
Posts: 1510
Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
Gender: Male
Location: Wales

Re: Graduate Managers

Post by Pinky 1 »

Well i reckon you ought to get yourself off to London, that's where Dirty Harry is based and he's been singing the virtues of his manager for an age.
He'll look after you and make you feel welcome ........ put you right on a few things :wink:
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Re: Graduate Managers

Post by BELIAL »

Chis wrote:Thanks for the feedback everyone
REDLETTER wrote:They must be doing a roaring trade at the University clearing house :wink:

May I ask what you graduated in? :angel
I studied Classics & History, I'm sure I'll get some stick for that :wink:
I'm sure your new career will exploit and develop your trained skill set in a positive manner
Is this a wind up? You are never going to fit in at being a manager if you give a monkeys what posties think
That is as it is,short term profit miners are gold dust
Bye
pickaname
Posts: 1467
Joined: 11 Sep 2007, 20:24

Re: Graduate Managers

Post by pickaname »

Youre gonna get crucified dude
Chis
Posts: 4
Joined: 26 Aug 2011, 17:30
Gender: Male

Re: Graduate Managers

Post by Chis »

Thanks for the help everyone.

Has been useful to get the inside view of things to give me a good perspective.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Graduate Managers

Post by POSTMAN »

For the record Chris,shop floor managers don't like you lot,at least in my experiance anyway.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Edward Hunter
Posts: 680
Joined: 23 May 2007, 22:30

Re: Graduate Managers

Post by Edward Hunter »

i`d deffo try elsewhere mate. This companies shelf life is hurtlig downwards at break - neck speed. It cant get rid of staff (including managers) quick enough, so you will be doing the okey cokey. Try Tescos, long term a much better bet.
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: Graduate Managers

Post by Darren Bent »

Think carefully. If you done 3 years at Royal Mail management graduate course or training. Would the other employers be interested in hiring a former Royal Mail manager for their company.
bandit650
Posts: 880
Joined: 14 Aug 2007, 15:42
Gender: Female

Re: Graduate Managers

Post by bandit650 »

I would say no! thing is they will ask you why you didn't stay the course with Royal Mail?, Then they will think you are not going to stay the course with them so it becomes a vicious circle. :sad:
wiganpostie
Posts: 670
Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:16
Gender: Male

Re: Graduate Managers

Post by wiganpostie »

As long as you know how to operate a clipboard and where the business end of a coffee machine is, you'll do fine. Welcome aboard. ;liar