ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

No house number

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
kawoxux
Posts: 300
Joined: 18 Aug 2011, 19:36
Gender: Male

Re: No house number

Post by kawoxux »

..or when you go on a frame for the first time and its just addressed to *house name* when all the frame has is numbers. Where the flying f**k am I supposed to put that then?!
CharlesSpooner
Posts: 383
Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
Gender: Male

Re: No house number

Post by CharlesSpooner »

Some of the worst offenders are the one's whose house doesn't follow the sequence of the rest of the street.

I've seen one where the houses go 1-59 up one side and down in evens from 72-2 on the other. The only house out of sequence is 14a which is stuck between 14 and 12. 14,14a and 12 don't have numbers on their fronts :crazy:
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: No house number

Post by DGP1 »

I have 2 numbers on my house.......is that showing off :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
fng
Posts: 462
Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 16:54
Gender: Male

Re: No house number

Post by fng »

DGP1 wrote:I have 2 numbers on my house.......is that showing off :nervous
yes :wink:
Tripitaka: "You should live without fear. There's as much chance of good things as bad things."
Sandy: "It's a cheerful philosophy and I've heard it from people before. They're all dead now."
Monkey "Excuse me when I say, that you really are extraordinarily dim!"
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: No house number

Post by DGP1 »

fng wrote:
DGP1 wrote:I have 2 numbers on my house.......is that showing off :nervous
yes :wink:
Neither of them are right, I like to keep my postie on his toes :chuckle :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
fng
Posts: 462
Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 16:54
Gender: Male

Re: No house number

Post by fng »

DGP1 wrote:
fng wrote:
DGP1 wrote:I have 2 numbers on my house.......is that showing off :nervous
yes :wink:
Neither of them are right, I like to keep my postie on his toes :chuckle :chuckle
"....Very few people see their own actions as truly evil.... It is left to their victims to decide what is evil and what is not." :wink:
- ALFRED TENNYSON,

"Nice One Son" - fng, :wink:
Tripitaka: "You should live without fear. There's as much chance of good things as bad things."
Sandy: "It's a cheerful philosophy and I've heard it from people before. They're all dead now."
Monkey "Excuse me when I say, that you really are extraordinarily dim!"
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: No house number

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

DGP1 wrote:I have 2 numbers on my house.......is that showing off :nervous
is the 2nd number the one you got on Crumlin Road :nervous :nervous :nervous
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: No house number

Post by arnold cheshire »

CharlesSpooner wrote:Some of the worst offenders are the one's whose house doesn't follow the sequence of the rest of the street.

I've seen one where the houses go 1-59 up one side and down in evens from 72-2 on the other. The only house out of sequence is 14a which is stuck between 14 and 12. 14,14a and 12 don't have numbers on their fronts :crazy:
this is common with number 13 not having a number and neighbours 11 and 15 not having numbers
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: No house number

Post by DGP1 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
DGP1 wrote:I have 2 numbers on my house.......is that showing off :nervous
is the 2nd number the one you got on Crumlin Road :nervous :nervous :nervous
Long Kesh mate :nervous :chuckle :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
alloria
Posts: 176
Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 22:48
Gender: Male

Re: No house number

Post by alloria »

We have an area that can only be described as number hell, it is almost as if the council got some random street names, and numbers and just mixed them up randomly, the area is next to impossible to figure out.

It gets worse.

A while ago, the council were replacing some of the doors in the area, and those that owned their houses salvaged some of the old doors from the skips, and used them, the problem being that we now have entire terraces with the wrong numbers on their doors.
Vote no on the "Agreement"
Lateagainpostie
Posts: 393
Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 18:17
Gender: Male

Re: No house number

Post by Lateagainpostie »

Isn't there a legal requirement for houses to be numbered, I read somewhere that house numbers should be black on white, and visible from the road.

I even get the Police asking me where number such and such is.
If you love Man Utd, you'll love my forum Talkingreds
crazyshrew
Posts: 584
Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
Gender: Female
Location: Coastal, South West

Re: No house number

Post by crazyshrew »

Lateagainpostie wrote:Isn't there a legal requirement for houses to be numbered, I read somewhere that house numbers should be black on white, and visible from the road.
http://www.n-somerset.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyr ... rHouse.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kawoxux
Posts: 300
Joined: 18 Aug 2011, 19:36
Gender: Male

Re: No house number

Post by kawoxux »

crazyshrew wrote:
Lateagainpostie wrote:Isn't there a legal requirement for houses to be numbered, I read somewhere that house numbers should be black on white, and visible from the road.
http://www.n-somerset.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyr ... rHouse.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tempted to print off th\at leaflet and drop it through houses with no number :cool
antcpfc
Posts: 629
Joined: 18 Sep 2007, 17:25

No house number

Post by antcpfc »

Sorry to bump an old topic.Wehave a large estate being built of around 750 homes.At present only a few dozen are occupied but most don't have numbers and there are no road names.I have started giving the mail to the sales offices.They are adamant it is down to their clients to number the houses which is no help to me.My manager says to kill it off ,is this right.
Slider tool. Lol.
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

No house number

Post by Chewster »

I AM SO GLAD I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE!! It gets right on my tits when people don't have numbers, or when they choose to invent names for their house and then don't even have the name on the house anywhere! Posh folk usually :silenced

I actually have one street that has the OPPOSITE problem. All the houses on this street are named instead of numbered, no idea why but that's how it is, no numbers on the frame or the buildings themselves, all names on the frame and houses clearly display the name on them too so that's fine. But every so often someone decides to address their mail with a number instead of a name, so I've got to walk up the street counting the houses and hope I've remembered which side is odd and which is even..