ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Transfers what a joke!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
ebbzie
Posts: 660
Joined: 14 Jun 2011, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Transfers what a joke!

Post by ebbzie »

Ah the always moving goalposts!!!!!
All i can say is good luck hope u get sorted soon :crazy:
sidewinder
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 348
Joined: 24 Oct 2008, 18:05
Gender: Male

Re: Transfers what a joke!

Post by sidewinder »

Stammerking wrote:I am on special leave as my partner and daughter are living 140 miles away and its school holidays and was told there would be no problems getting a transfer this was near on 4 months ago.House is now sold so would have been homeless told I would not get a transfer unlesss I changed from FT to PT which i have done now goal posts keep getting changed.
Only advice i have been given by the cwu is go sick with stress :shock:
area is going through the new delivery methods revision so nobody will commit to given me a job even a 25 hr contract!
To be fair, they do state that a transfer Is not guaranteed and not to move until the said transfer appears. I had medical grounds for transferring with spaces at the offices I had put down available with no luck. Nearly 5 years waiting, a 55ish round trip a day and every avenue searched to no avail. I left the job in the end. Transfers, waste of time.
blackadder
Posts: 584
Joined: 04 Jul 2007, 20:49
Location: deep south

Re: Transfers what a joke!

Post by blackadder »

i was told that if u p/t then transfers are no problem. if you f/t then no chance at all.
the path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devils own satanic herd
sidewinder
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 348
Joined: 24 Oct 2008, 18:05
Gender: Male

Re: Transfers what a joke!

Post by sidewinder »

blackadder wrote:i was told that if u p/t then transfers are no problem. if you f/t then no chance at all.
I was told no transfers in or out of you're areas, period.
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: Transfers what a joke!

Post by Darren Bent »

If Royal Mail HR or local management no help, go the delivery office in suitable area and ask to see DOM there and see if he/she can arrange it or not. It will be easier to do this than rely on middle management
sidewinder
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 348
Joined: 24 Oct 2008, 18:05
Gender: Male

Re: Transfers what a joke!

Post by sidewinder »

Darren Bent wrote:If Royal Mail HR or local management no help, go the delivery office in suitable area and ask to see DOM there and see if he/she can arrange it or not. It will be easier to do this than rely on middle management
I done that. 7 different offices. It's still down to you're Dom to release you. I got so fed up trying and I mean trying every angle I left. It wasn't if I wanted a certain postcode either,I had 3 different postcode areas down for transfer in 3 different counties( live near them all).
Stammerking
Posts: 208
Joined: 09 Dec 2007, 20:58

Re: Transfers what a joke!

Post by Stammerking »

Finally sorted and I start on Monday morning ringing up all the local offices helped my case as they were all short staffed,in the end managed to get the office of my choice asked what time I start and what i,m doing 6,30am and your on a rural and on 40 hrs nothing like being thrown in @ the deep end :shock:
Jefferson Starfish
Posts: 905
Joined: 12 Aug 2011, 15:32
Gender: Female
Location: Greendale DO

Re: Transfers what a joke!

Post by Jefferson Starfish »

So you've taken buy down at your old office and had nearly £5,000 and you're back working full time hours at the new place? :hmmmm
The hollow man
Posts: 65
Joined: 17 Oct 2008, 15:50
Gender: Male

Re: Transfers what a joke!

Post by The hollow man »

Jefferson Starfish wrote:So you've taken buy down at your old office and had nearly £5,000 and you're back working full time hours at the new place? :hmmmm
.....so the x union reps come up trumps :Applause , seems like there's one rule for one and one rule for others, mind you i expect nothing less from this corrupt organisation of fiddling cnuts.......
Stammerking
Posts: 208
Joined: 09 Dec 2007, 20:58

Re: Transfers what a joke!

Post by Stammerking »

Calm down guys I,m still on a 30 hr contract but they are putting me on a 40hr duty I do not want in reality a 40/39 hr contract as i will have child care issues but my partner is on holiday for two weeks and we have parents coming up but is nice be able to make up some money from the 4 weeks i have been on UNPAID special C leave.
I am well aware that if I apply for a fulltime job I will have to repay the money I have been paid.

There are so many sad people on here :no no
The hollow man
Posts: 65
Joined: 17 Oct 2008, 15:50
Gender: Male

Re: Transfers what a joke!

Post by The hollow man »

Stammerking wrote:Calm down guys I,m still on a 30 hr contract but they are putting me on a 40hr duty I do not want in reality a 40/39 hr contract as i will have child care issues but my partner is on holiday for two weeks and we have parents coming up but is nice be able to make up some money from the 4 weeks i have been on UNPAID special C leave.
I am well aware that if I apply for a fulltime job I will have to repay the money I have been paid.

There are so many sad people on here :no no
no not sad just bitter about being ripped off to the tune of £700 following my transfer by incompetent DOMS :no no,