bigtoddy wrote:
Is there anyone in the same boat as me?
Hi toddy,
yep I am in the same boat, though my boat's been swept down the proverbial creek.
our DOM had some budget available to make up some part timers and he did so, however he didn't take heed to the seniority list and skipped a few - mainly those who were on rehab (like myself at the time) and others who, he lated admitted to me, were not willing to work past their time.
I missed out on the full christmas bonus and transitional agreement bonus because I was on rehab and couldn't do a full walk, despite the fact I was on an atos back to work plan that management completely ignored and kept me indoors over the christmas period. may I add I was doing 40+ on rehab because of the ridiculous amount of mail and with the new delivery methods staff were struggling, so I was sorting and doing the odd packet run.
So I was a bit miffed to say the least, and put in a grievance. This was back in December. Now it's gone to stage 3 and the union advised I had a good case for tribunal. It does say in the agreement after all that seniority will be used to fill most of the jobs. when I told him (in a rather heated discussion) he couldn't just pick and choose who he made full time he replied 'why not'
