Result of atos ,signed off onto light duties and then doctors report to follow, reappraisal after 4 weeks ,Very happy with this and pleased with professionalism of my line manager and atos ,Will update as I progress ,I am sympathetic to Belial's comments
because this must be a work related condition.Something that needs challenging in the courts perhaps ?
How many posties must suffer in silence with such ailments , but the new duty structures are surely going to find them out.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Plantar fasciitis
-
BELIAL
- Posts: 6758
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
- Gender: Female
- Location: Nowhere
Re: Plantar fasciitis
Four week review is good, but be aware that severe tendon damage can take upwards of twelve months to repair,and any exercise regime that produces discomfort is ill advised and counter productive
Bye
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Plantar fasciitis
I had PF a few years back and it took about 9 months for my foot to get better.
It has just started again, and I think it's due to the Cat trainers I've been wearing for a few weeks.
Very painful, but medical advice is to carry on walking or foot will stiffen up.
It has just started again, and I think it's due to the Cat trainers I've been wearing for a few weeks.
Very painful, but medical advice is to carry on walking or foot will stiffen up.
-
bandit650
- Posts: 880
- Joined: 14 Aug 2007, 15:42
- Gender: Female
Re: Plantar fasciitis
I have the same condition the exercises are good but if your going to wear Cat trainers then go and get some inserts for your shoes, you can get some from your Doc and you can buy them on line they have worked for me and i can wear cat trainers as well as long as i wear the inserts. I must admit they were painful at first but now it's not bad!
-
Wessex
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1267
- Joined: 10 Jul 2007, 17:20
Re: Plantar fasciitis
Have had my gp's opinion and its not pf but another condition , will be offered ihr subject to atos confirming this and I suspect strongly they will, i wouldn't even be able to do a bike duty because of the pain in my knee and the fact it may be deteriorating due to age .
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Plantar fasciitis
Try to get your doctor to make you an appointment for a gait specialist (some sort of podiatrist) they'll make you orthodics to suit your particular feet.bandit650 wrote:I have the same condition the exercises are good but if your going to wear Cat trainers then go and get some inserts for your shoes, you can get some from your Doc and you can buy them on line they have worked for me and i can wear cat trainers as well as long as i wear the inserts. I must admit they were painful at first but now it's not bad!
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
Miguelito1
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 02 Oct 2010, 18:43
- Gender: Female
Re: Plantar fasciitis
Hi there,
I got PF before starting to work as a postie. I wear orthotics which help a lot but as said before stretching is key. Every morning before getting up, and everytime after long periods seating. The idea is stretching the plantar fascia but is also convenient to stretch the calf. Getting use to the orthotics takes time and must be done starting with a few hours a day until you can use them all day long. I used to take painkillers but my stomach started to get funny so I just do more stretching than ever especially after running. I tried to wear the RM shoes but they were too hard so I wear cushion running/walking shoes. Hope this help.
I got PF before starting to work as a postie. I wear orthotics which help a lot but as said before stretching is key. Every morning before getting up, and everytime after long periods seating. The idea is stretching the plantar fascia but is also convenient to stretch the calf. Getting use to the orthotics takes time and must be done starting with a few hours a day until you can use them all day long. I used to take painkillers but my stomach started to get funny so I just do more stretching than ever especially after running. I tried to wear the RM shoes but they were too hard so I wear cushion running/walking shoes. Hope this help.
-
taxi4leighton
- Posts: 343
- Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:05
Re: Plantar fasciitis
i suffered from plantar fascitis over 20 years ago
used to wake up and couldnt walk
the soles of my feet felt like they were on fire
eventually i had cortisone injeced into soles of my feet[unbelievably painful]
but it cured my feet
good luck
hope you get better
used to wake up and couldnt walk
the soles of my feet felt like they were on fire
eventually i had cortisone injeced into soles of my feet[unbelievably painful]
but it cured my feet
good luck
hope you get better
-
bandit650
- Posts: 880
- Joined: 14 Aug 2007, 15:42
- Gender: Female
Re: Plantar fasciitis
Thanks mate my doctor sent me to the specialist as he thought it would be better for me to get to the right advice,he also was under no illusion about Royal Mail and the antics that the managers pull he also has a massive problem with ATOS as he said they could be more of a hindrance than a help he thinks they might be doing the job because they could not be arsed to put the training in for the right qualifications,so he sent me to the right people,what the ortho said was that these people supply the NHS with the inserts so he gave me the paper work so that they had the right build and measurements so it was a help as he said my job would ware them out and it may be helpful for me to be able to get another set just in-case,i still have to see the specialist every year so he can check that my foot has not changed or the script needing alteration.DGP1 wrote:Try to get your doctor to make you an appointment for a gait specialist (some sort of podiatrist) they'll make you orthodics to suit your particular feet.bandit650 wrote:I have the same condition the exercises are good but if your going to wear Cat trainers then go and get some inserts for your shoes, you can get some from your Doc and you can buy them on line they have worked for me and i can wear cat trainers as well as long as i wear the inserts. I must admit they were painful at first but now it's not bad!