ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

I haven't worked a Saturday in 15 years

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: I haven't worked a Saturday in 15 years

Post by DGP1 »

OnAFlyer wrote:
lovehunter wrote:Everyone in our office is Monday to Friday, but they made the mistakes of signing up to the Saturday bond. I wasn't so foolish... But now it's bein forced upon me....
So who delivers the mail on a Saturday? :hmmmm
Those who've agreed to come in and do it, the same agreement was in place in Belfast until recently.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: I haven't worked a Saturday in 15 years

Post by OnAFlyer »

Optional Saturdays, wow that would be nice.
lovehunter
Posts: 60
Joined: 03 Aug 2011, 18:39
Gender: Male

Re: I haven't worked a Saturday in 15 years

Post by lovehunter »

Optional Saturday's r bein taken away from us cos the fight is gone.... I remember not so long ago guys wudnt do overtime unless they were being paid amazing rates ie. 30mins walkin wuda got ya 4hrs pay... Now people r doin overtime for basic rate.... It's the only company on the planet getting away with it... Remember Sunday rates too. Come in n work bout two hours and get paid 4 hrs at double time... Wot has happened to solidarity
Straight4ward
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1621
Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
Gender: Male

Re: I haven't worked a Saturday in 15 years

Post by Straight4ward »

Wot has happened to solidarity
- - - and this coming from someone who hasn't worked a Saturday in 15 years. :chuckle
Well may you ask, what has happened to solidarity?
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
human1
Posts: 223
Joined: 04 Aug 2010, 19:31
Gender: Male

Re: I haven't worked a Saturday in 15 years

Post by human1 »

I have never had a Saturday off for over 30 years. Even when I was on Monday to Friday ... Saturday was my overtime day :Very Happy .... for year after year I worked 7 days ( I remember when we used to work 41or 43 hours duty and I used to do 40 hours overtime on top of that ... good old days...but under this present system I still work 6 days ... every week :dance
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: I haven't worked a Saturday in 15 years

Post by fishtank »

human1 wrote:I have never had a Saturday off for over 30 years. Even when I was on Monday to Friday ... Saturday was my overtime day :Very Happy .... for year after year I worked 7 days ( I remember when we used to work 41or 43 hours duty and I used to do 40 hours overtime on top of that ... good old days...but under this present system I still work 6 days ... every week :dance
You're a credit to the trade union movement. :cuppa
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
human1
Posts: 223
Joined: 04 Aug 2010, 19:31
Gender: Male

Re: I haven't worked a Saturday in 15 years

Post by human1 »

Whats the point staying at home on Saturday ? ... when its worth £50 or so .... get the dosh ... thats we are here for!! those were the days when you provide the personal service to your customers for year after year in all weathers. Inspecters ( managers) used to appricate the work you done and - 10c in January cold frosty morning when you were out delivering first letter by just after 7 am and last one 9.40 am ... if you fail to deliver by 9.40am ... " inspecter" used to go mad on you .. than breakfast and off to second delivery..... duty finishing time 1157 hrs. ( some time long or short days when on short days you finish very early ... forgot the time ... and late one finshed aroud 1.30 pm after 2 or 3 second deliveries.) Can anybody else remeber those good old days????
london sub
Posts: 397
Joined: 29 Jan 2009, 16:24
Gender: Male

Re: I haven't worked a Saturday in 15 years

Post by london sub »

human1 wrote:Whats the point staying at home on Saturday ? ... when its worth £50 or so .... get the dosh ... thats we are here for!! those were the days when you provide the personal service to your customers for year after year in all weathers. Inspecters ( managers) used to appricate the work you done and - 10c in January cold frosty morning when you were out delivering first letter by just after 7 am and last one 9.40 am ... if you fail to deliver by 9.40am ... " inspecter" used to go mad on you .. than breakfast and off to second delivery..... duty finishing time 1157 hrs. ( some time long or short days when on short days you finish very early ... forgot the time ... and late one finshed aroud 1.30 pm after 2 or 3 second deliveries.) Can anybody else remeber those good old days????
So you don't have a social life? :roll: